[ROM+KERNEL] Uber CM-12.1---ONEPLUS [AK Kernel] [GCC 4.8 & 4.9]

Search This thread

RobbieL811

Oct 21, 2012
Savannah, Ga.
OnePlus 9 Pro
rJiBDuh.png

A new thread for another little project that I am going to tinker with. This one is CM 11 built with SABERMOD 4.8 on the ROM side. The kernel is build from the great @ak nightly branch, and is compiled also with SABERMOD 4.8. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will try to keep the ROM updated as much as possible. I don't know if I will build every night, but.... Anyways, download links are below. Let me know what you think!!!

Features Added:
  • Delta Updates
  • Reboot/reboot recovery QS tile
  • Sync QS tile
  • Doze/Ambient display tile
  • Heads Up tile
  • Option for QS tile haptic feedback
  • Option to show 4 QS tiles per row
  • Slim's Lockscreen Shortcuts
  • Slim Custom Doze settings
  • Call recording for any country
  • Call recording encoder/format choice
  • Show each app name during art optimization
  • Heads Up options
  • Ability to hide SU status bar icon
  • Slim Seek Bar
  • Slim incall proximity speaker
  • Volume panel timeout
  • Force expanded notifications
  • Flip phone to mute/reject call
  • Option to disable privacy guard notifications
  • Built with CM's CameraNext inline instead of Camera2
  • Updated CameraNext from CM12S
  • LCD density changer
  • Option to remove data/wifi activity arrows

ATTENTION
Anyone flashing build 20150117 or later will need to flash the firmware update listed below or else you will most likely end up in a boot loop, unless you have previously updated firmware.

Ghangelog

Downloads
ROMS:
UBER-CM-12.1

GAPPS:
5.1 GAPPS

LATEST FIRMWARE:
Firmware Update 5-15

Last edited:

RobbieL811

Oct 21, 2012
Savannah, Ga.
OnePlus 9 Pro
HOW TO USE DELTA UPDATES

First off, make sure you are on the latest firmware from the OP. Then:

If you are coming from another ROM, then download the latest build, and flash as usual in recovery. Reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik, system, data, and cache. Then press back, and do a factory data reset. Next, flash the ROM, along with any Gapps or scripts like UKM that you want to use. When it is done, boot the system. When the system is done booting up, use a file manager, and move the ROM.zip that you just flashed into the /SDCard/Delta directory. Next you are going to want to move your gapps, and any other scripts you might use to the /SDCard/Delta/flashafterupdate folder. I normally number my packages in the "flashafterupdate" folder so that they flash in the order that I want them to. Like 01_gapps, 02_UKM, and so on. Now, the next time that there is an update pushed, all you will need to do is go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates and click on "Check Now". Sometimes on the first update, the process will hang during "Patching" at 50%. If this happens, just back out and go manually force close the OpenDelta app and try again. The second time, it will work. This is the only time you should have to worry about doing this. It will update like it's supposed to every time after the first time. For some reason it hangs on the first time. I haven't been able to figure it out yet. When it is done doing it's thing, click "Flash Now" and the phone will reboot to recovery and flash everything that you have in the /Delta folder and the /Delta/flashafterupdate folder. If you guys find something that I missed, please drop me a line and let me know. Also, another note. Do not ever delete the contents of the /Delta folder, as it will be needed on the next update. It just continues to recycle the files that are in that directory. If new Gapps come out, then of course it is ok to replace those, just make sure not to delete the actual ROM.zip.

Also, here is a video review done by @dan96815

Last edited:

aryehzev

Jun 15, 2011
Denver
What will happen if I flash this over official cm nightly from Saturday

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

RobbieL811

Oct 21, 2012
Savannah, Ga.
OnePlus 9 Pro
Will I get fc's without a data wipe?

Did you manually wipe /system in between the flash?

Sorry. I misread your question. No. You should be fine. Just manually wipes /system before you flash. I think you'll be Ok. Multiple people have conformed it for me. Make sure to make a backup just in case.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

aryehzev

Jun 15, 2011
Denver
Did you manually wipe /system in between the flash?

I didn't flash it yet. I'm currently running an official cm nightly from the 13th, I'm not in the mood of backing everything up right now, which I will need to do if I do a data wipe, so all I'm asking is wiping the data partition required when switching from the official version of cm to yours....

RobbieL811

Oct 21, 2012
Savannah, Ga.
OnePlus 9 Pro
I didn't flash it yet. I'm currently running an official cm nightly from the 13th, I'm not in the mood of backing everything up right now, which I will need to do if I do a data wipe, so all I'm asking is wiping the data partition required when switching from the official version of cm to yours....

I was talking about a backup in recovery. Always make a nandroid, & you can flash whatever you want, & if you have issues, you can go back to that last working image of your phone. I think you will be fine not wiping /data as long as you are coming from another cm 11.0 ROM.

Reactions: ak and OmegaBlaze

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
This is a very good build, and very battery friendly.. Any thought on 03 optimizations as well?.. And if you're up to it, could you add status bar date?.. Is there anything you can't build nearly perfect?.. ;)

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: ninjanurse

carepack

Sep 21, 2010
Hi @RobbieL811

sorry for asking again. In ak ekrnel thread I've pointed to cm11s sources on github. Don't want to beg you, but are you planning a release of cm11s too?

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi @RobbieL811

sorry for asking again. In ak ekrnel thread I've pointed to cm11s sources on github. Don't want to beg you, but are you planning a release of cm11s too?
Why?? Cm11s?? Cm11 nightlies is more updated and you can install that three exclusive apps of cm11s flawesly, so no reason for do that. Just my two cents.

Sent from E.P.D.Center

gulp79

Jul 22, 2013
Rome
have you in plan to build with graphite/JustArchi's optimizations?

Testing it right now....very good job!!! Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rJiBDuh.png

A new thread for another little project that I am going to tinker with. This one is CM 11 built with SABERMOD 4.8 on the ROM side. The kernel is build from the great @ak nightly branch, and is compiled also with SABERMOD 4.8. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will try to keep the ROM updated as much as possible. I don't know if I will build every night, but.... Anyways, download links are below. Let me know what you think!!!

Features Added:
    • Delta Updates
    • Reboot/reboot recovery QS tile
    • Sync QS tile
    • Doze/Ambient display tile
    • Heads Up tile
    • Option for QS tile haptic feedback
    • Option to show 4 QS tiles per row
    • Slim's Lockscreen Shortcuts
    • Slim Custom Doze settings
    • Call recording for any country
    • Call recording encoder/format choice
    • Show each app name during art optimization
    • Heads Up options
    • Ability to hide SU status bar icon
    • Slim Seek Bar
    • Slim incall proximity speaker
    • Volume panel timeout
    • Force expanded notifications
    • Flip phone to mute/reject call
    • Option to disable privacy guard notifications
    • Built with CM's CameraNext inline instead of Camera2
    • Updated CameraNext from CM12S
    • LCD density changer
    • Option to remove data/wifi activity arrows

ATTENTION
    Anyone flashing build 20150117 or later will need to flash the firmware update listed below or else you will most likely end up in a boot loop, unless you have previously updated firmware.

Ghangelog

Downloads
    ROMS:
    UBER-CM-12.1

GAPPS:
    5.1 GAPPS

LATEST FIRMWARE:
    Firmware Update 5-15
    HOW TO USE DELTA UPDATES

First off, make sure you are on the latest firmware from the OP. Then:

If you are coming from another ROM, then download the latest build, and flash as usual in recovery. Reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik, system, data, and cache. Then press back, and do a factory data reset. Next, flash the ROM, along with any Gapps or scripts like UKM that you want to use. When it is done, boot the system. When the system is done booting up, use a file manager, and move the ROM.zip that you just flashed into the /SDCard/Delta directory. Next you are going to want to move your gapps, and any other scripts you might use to the /SDCard/Delta/flashafterupdate folder. I normally number my packages in the "flashafterupdate" folder so that they flash in the order that I want them to. Like 01_gapps, 02_UKM, and so on. Now, the next time that there is an update pushed, all you will need to do is go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates and click on "Check Now". Sometimes on the first update, the process will hang during "Patching" at 50%. If this happens, just back out and go manually force close the OpenDelta app and try again. The second time, it will work. This is the only time you should have to worry about doing this. It will update like it's supposed to every time after the first time. For some reason it hangs on the first time. I haven't been able to figure it out yet. When it is done doing it's thing, click "Flash Now" and the phone will reboot to recovery and flash everything that you have in the /Delta folder and the /Delta/flashafterupdate folder. If you guys find something that I missed, please drop me a line and let me know. Also, another note. Do not ever delete the contents of the /Delta folder, as it will be needed on the next update. It just continues to recycle the files that are in that directory. If new Gapps come out, then of course it is ok to replace those, just make sure not to delete the actual ROM.zip.

Also, here is a video review done by @dan96815

Alright guys. New build is up. SuperSU is working again for the time being, until CM decides to enable transparent compression again. Also, CM brought back the silent mode. Kernel has been updated to AK version AK.225.OPO.CM12.1. Also, we are now on Android 5.1.1. Lol. Google nightlies again! Lol.. Anyways, here's the build. Enjoy.

ROM - cm-12.1-20150422-ROBBIEL811-UBER4.8-bacon

GAPPS - gapps.BETA.5.1.x.build.0.x-20150421
    Alright guys. New build is up. I'm sorry for the gap in updates. I've been working on OpenDelta updates, and I think I have finally achieved my goal! After this build, updates will be pushed via OpenDelta. Of course there will still be full zips on the server, but if you are already running this build, then you will be able to update via OpenDelta. Now, for this build, there is a lot of updates. I have added the feature to optionally remove the arrows on the wifi, and data signal. Also, have added a heads up tile, and changed some values on the LCD density changer. Also, as usual, synced up w/ CM and AK. Kernel version is set at AK.233.OPO.CM12.1. Enjoy.

ROM - cm-12.1-20150428-ROBBIEL811-UBER4.8-bacon

GAPPS - gapps.BETA.5.1.x.build.0.x-20150425
    New build up. Synced w/ CM's commits and also updated AK kernel to AK.035.OPO.CM12.

ROM - https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...lds/cm-12-20141206-ROBBIEL811-SM4.8-bacon.zip

Gapps - https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/RobbieL811/Gapps/Lollipop

Edit - WOW!!! Over 2500 downloads in only a couple of days!!! Thanks guys for the support!!! I hope you all are enjoying it!!!