FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

HTC ONE S with Liberty S4 ROM v7a KERNEL ?

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By natmacax, Member on 7th May 2014, 04:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi everyone

i want to change my phone kernel. my device work with Liberty s4 rom v7a.

is there any have to compatible (custom) kernel for htc one s with liberty v7 rom ?

any suggestions ?

my purposes to find a best custom things for my phone. that's mean; which ROM, Kernel, Boot, Recovery bla bla
and are these have compatible.

thnx a lot

9th May 2014, 10:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
There is no custom kernel yet for this rom. Only the one provided with the rom.
What hboot are you on ? What kind of rom are you searching for, Sense or AOSP ?
Are you S-OFF ?
10th May 2014, 01:48 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benJX

There is no custom kernel yet for this rom. Only the one provided with the rom.
What hboot are you on ? What kind of rom are you searching for, Sense or AOSP ?
Are you S-OFF ?

thnx for the answer

hboot 2.16

i prefer to Sense Roms. others is really useless for me.

yes s-off and super cid.

and i am confused. roms, kernels, boot, hboot, cid , s-off, firmwares , interface differences... bla bla bla

liberty rom is stable and very likely. even also 4.3v. my purposes is; i installed the rom but what i need to do else ? or this is it. thats mean libery rom v7 installed, s-off, hboot 2.16 enough. no any things
10th May 2014, 02:50 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by natmacax

thnx for the answer

hboot 2.16

i prefer to Sense Roms. others is really useless for me.

yes s-off and super cid.

and i am confused. roms, kernels, boot, hboot, cid , s-off, firmwares , interface differences... bla bla bla

liberty rom is stable and very likely. even also 4.3v. my purposes is; i installed the rom but what i need to do else ? or this is it. thats mean libery rom v7 installed, s-off, hboot 2.16 enough. no any things

Roms : You said it you want Liberty rom (Sense 5.5). If I may, I advise you to have a look on MaximusHD (Sense 5)
Kernel (=boot.img) : There is actually no custom kernel available for Liberty, so nothing to add here.
hboot (=bootloader) : You are on 2.16, Liberty is compatible with both 2.15 and 2.16, so you have nothing to change here. I would had that most of AOSP based roms are made for 2.15, while almost all Sense (5 and 5.5) roms are made/compatible with 2.16. You want a Sense rom so stay on 2.16.
S-OFF/CID : I think you know what's the aim of having superCID and S-OFF or you wouldn't have done all that.
Radio : It manages wireless communication of your device : 2G, 3G, HSPA, even Wifi. If wrong radio is used with wrong rom, it results in bad signal quality, wifi issues or/and random reboots.
If your Radio is actually 1.20, with Liberty rom you probably don't have access to HSPA. You can actually fix it by flashing this radio through recovery.
10th May 2014, 10:02 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Istanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benJX

Roms : You said it you want Liberty rom (Sense 5.5). If I may, I advise you to have a look on MaximusHD (Sense 5)
Kernel (=boot.img) : There is actually no custom kernel available for Liberty, so nothing to add here.
hboot (=bootloader) : You are on 2.16, Liberty is compatible with both 2.15 and 2.16, so you have nothing to change here. I would had that most of AOSP based roms are made for 2.15, while almost all Sense (5 and 5.5) roms are made/compatible with 2.16. You want a Sense rom so stay on 2.16.
S-OFF/CID : I think you know what's the aim of having superCID and S-OFF or you wouldn't have done all that.
Radio : It manages wireless communication of your device : 2G, 3G, HSPA, even Wifi. If wrong radio is used with wrong rom, it results in bad signal quality, wifi issues or/and random reboots.
If your Radio is actually 1.20, with Liberty rom you probably don't have access to HSPA. You can actually fix it by flashing this radio through recovery.

thnx for the info. my english is low that's mean I can not tell exactly.

still thnx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)