[MOD][4.4.2]Native Tether Hack for build 183.46.10 and build 182.46.10

Search This thread

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR PHONE OR ANY DAMAGE INCURRED FROM APPLYING THIS.

Due to the popularity of my exploit for the Droid Maxx/Ultra on this line of phones, I decided to make one for you guys.

Prerequisites:
Rooted RAZR/RAZR MAXX HD on Kit Kat 183.46.10

You will not be able to do this on stock phones.

1. Download Root Explorer by Jrummy in the Play store.

2. Download the correct tether zip for your build attached to this post.

3. Go into Root Explorer and find System folder, find priv-app, inside priv-app long press VZWEntitlementServices.apk and VZWEntitlementServices.odex rename to VZWEntitlementServices.apk.bak and VZWEntitlementServices.odex.bak and back out to first folder.

4. Go to sdcard folder, download and find tether.zip that you downloaded from step 2. Extract the build.prop, copy it and back out to the home folder. enter the system folder. Rename the build.prop that is there to build.prop.bak, then paste the one you extracted from the zip.

5. Long press on the file and hit permissions in the menu. change permissions Owner: Read/Write, Group:Read, Others: Read (should show rw-r--r--)

6. Exit out of root explorer

7. Reboot

8. Check the tether it should work.

9. PROFIT! Thank baby jesus and buy me a beer lol

10. Donations are appreciated to TopSnake

Attachments

• 183.46.10tether.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 684
  • 182.46.10tether.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Are you positive it is 182? And not 183?

Droid Maxx "Developer Edition"

there are 2 builds, same as before. although only one is officially posted on sbf droid devs, same as before.
previously, the builds were almost identical except for the signing keys. i dont know about these new ones.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Are you positive it is 182? And not 183?

here is the 182 build prop if you want to compare them.

stupid thing didnt attach, here ya go http://www.mediafire.com/view/mq24fmocfu85m21/build.prop

Last edited:

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Thanks for that. Went through the file and retrod the exploit to it. Should work now. Attached to OP

masterc333

Jan 2, 2013
I am not able to past the build.prop to the system folder. It says unable to copy because it is read only. I am rooted and I was able to do every step before this one

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Nevermind! I downloaded root Explorer instead of root browser by jrummy.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
I am not able to past the build.prop to the system folder. It says unable to copy because it is read only. I am rooted and I was able to do every step before this one

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Nevermind! I downloaded root Explorer instead of root browser by jrummy.
You may have missed the prompt for su permissions on the first app

iBolski

ATTENTION! Those on 183.46.14 or 183.46.15

If you are on the latest soak build (183.46.14) or the patch to it (183.46.15) and haven't applied this yet, then be forewarned that if you copy the build.prop as it is, it will confuse your phone as it has 183.46.10 strings in it, so you'll keep getting OTA notifications and it will never take.

So, follow the instructions as is with the exception of copying the build.prop.

Instead, after being rooted, pull down the /system/build.prop file to your PC.

Open it up in a text editor and add the following line at the bottom of the file:

net.tethering.noprovisioning=true

Save the file, push it back up to your SD card. Then, using Root Explorer, ensure /system is remounted to read/write and copy the build.prop on your SD card to /system.

Then. long-press on the /system/build.prop file and hit permissions in the menu. Change permissions to the following:

Owner: Read/Write
Group: Read
Others: Read

Exit out of root explorer, reboot and check that tethering now works.

Or, you could take the build.prop in the zip file provided and do a search for 183.46.10 and replace it with the appropriate soak version you are on (183.46.14 or 183.46.15).

n2fastbikes

Oct 15, 2014
Performed Native Tether Hack 183.46.10 - Device Won't Boot

Open it up in a text editor and add the following line at the bottom of the file:

Save the file, push it back up to your SD card. Then, using Root Explorer, ensure /system is remounted to read/write and copy the build.prop on your SD card to /system.

Then. long-press on the /system/build.prop file and hit permissions in the menu. Change permissions to the following:

Or, you could take the build.prop in the zip file provided and do a search for 183.46.10 and replace it with the appropriate soak version you are on (183.46.14 or 183.46.15).

Thanks iBolski. In the the original thread, bweN diorD suggested a native hack from a previous thread. Consequently I overlooked your modification. I did successfully perform the original instructions for 183.46.10 on a rooted/unlocked DROID RAZR HD, but the device would not boot again after shutdown. The Motorola Dual Core splash shows for several seconds, then nothing after.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Model DROID RAZR HD (rooted and unlocked BL)
System 183.46.10.XT926.Verizon.en.US
Kernel 3.4.42-g4ee8163 ddbuild@ca88lnxdroid25 #1
Build KDA20.62-10.1

n2fastbikes

Oct 15, 2014
Reflashed but now gunshy

Update: I could not accept defeat so I reread many posts on how to resurrect so-called "bricked" devices on this and and other forums. Re-educated, juvenated and animated, I was able to see the error in my ways, install the correct ADB drivers, connect with ADB, reboot into ap fastboot, use RSD lite to reflash my unresponsive XT926 back to 442 JB, then rooted again with towelroot. Whew!

I still want the native tether but now I am gunshy! :) I'll try iBolski's modified tether process once I get an image of the rooted device...

Thanks to all contributors to this awesome forum,
n2fastbikes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR PHONE OR ANY DAMAGE INCURRED FROM APPLYING THIS.

Due to the popularity of my exploit for the Droid Maxx/Ultra on this line of phones, I decided to make one for you guys.

Prerequisites:
    Rooted RAZR/RAZR MAXX HD on Kit Kat 183.46.10

You will not be able to do this on stock phones.

1. Download Root Explorer by Jrummy in the Play store.

2. Download the correct tether zip for your build attached to this post.

3. Go into Root Explorer and find System folder, find priv-app, inside priv-app long press VZWEntitlementServices.apk and VZWEntitlementServices.odex rename to VZWEntitlementServices.apk.bak and VZWEntitlementServices.odex.bak and back out to first folder.

4. Go to sdcard folder, download and find tether.zip that you downloaded from step 2. Extract the build.prop, copy it and back out to the home folder. enter the system folder. Rename the build.prop that is there to build.prop.bak, then paste the one you extracted from the zip.

5. Long press on the file and hit permissions in the menu. change permissions Owner: Read/Write, Group:Read, Others: Read (should show rw-r--r--)

6. Exit out of root explorer

7. Reboot

8. Check the tether it should work.

9. PROFIT! Thank baby jesus and buy me a beer lol

10. Donations are appreciated to TopSnake
    ATTENTION! Those on 183.46.14 or 183.46.15

If you are on the latest soak build (183.46.14) or the patch to it (183.46.15) and haven't applied this yet, then be forewarned that if you copy the build.prop as it is, it will confuse your phone as it has 183.46.10 strings in it, so you'll keep getting OTA notifications and it will never take.