YahyaChagri

Mar 19, 2018
I have a htc M8 UL
Radio_1.29.214500021.12
OP6B10000
S OFF
Unlocked bootloader
Ive tried relocking the bootloader and using htc RUU exe but it didnt work
ive tried the hboot with the ( maybe ) PROPER ruu zip ( 0P6BIMG_M8_UL_M60_SENSE70_MR_HTC_Europe_6.12.401.4_Radio_1.29.214500021.12G_20.72.4196t.01_release_464360_signed.zip)
BUT it said ' error saying device halted due to large image update fail!
press power to reboot.
Do i really need to turn s off and rewrite the cid and mid or there is another way ??
Please help ( my first thread)

YahyaChagri

Mar 19, 2018
The problem is
To get the stock ruu flashed i need to modify the cid and mid
to modify them i need to turn s on to s off
to do that i need sunshine witch it says " there is a problem with your rom"
im stuck i guess

brodude

Nov 14, 2010
The problem is
To get the stock ruu flashed i need to modify the cid and mid
to do that i need sunshine witch it says " there is a problem with your rom"
im stuck i guess

Try this method. I just reverted back to stock tonight and I'm now completing my OTAs. Seems to be working just fine for now. Make sure you follow each and every steps. Make sure you choose the version with good CID and MID.

https://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/help/tutorial-how-to-stock-stock-twrp-t3086860

Hope it helps.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

S OFF

Do i really need to turn s off and rewrite the cid and mid or there is another way ??

Based on what you posted, the phone is already s-off.

However, the "large image" error is NOT a result of wrong MID/CID. It means something else is wrong. Are you using the SD card method to flash the RUU, or fastboot? If fastboot, what are the exact commands you are using?

Also, you do not need to change CID/MID if you are running the signed RUU intended for your specific model. There are many "Euro" versions of the M8. And not all of them will work with that particular RUU. In order to verify whether the RUU is correct or not, we need more info. Do fastboot getvar all, and post the results (delete IMEI and serial number before posting).

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Try this method. I just reverted back to stock tonight and I'm now completing my OTAs. Seems to be working just fine for now. Make sure you follow each and every steps. Make sure you choose the version with good CID and MID.

https://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/help/tutorial-how-to-stock-stock-twrp-t3086860

This method is certainly valid. Although requires more steps than running RUU. If in fact, the OP has the correct RUU for his version.