FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,604 Vote(s)
64.03%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.57%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.40%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
8th June 2018, 11:10 PM |#41481  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
model number
so all my apps keep crashing ive done factory resets and all i am going to reflash everything on my phone and i was wondering if i can upgrade from the build number G930FXXU1DQG2 to G930FXXU2DRD1 i read that the xx part is the region and the u1 u2 is some security for the phone so i heard you cant go down say from a 2 to a 1 but are you able to go from a 1 to a 2 as a build number upgrade

9th June 2018, 12:40 AM |#41482  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,480

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eibwoz

so all my apps keep crashing ive done factory resets and all i am going to reflash everything on my phone and i was wondering if i can upgrade from the build number G930FXXU1DQG2 to G930FXXU2DRD1 i read that the xx part is the region and the u1 u2 is some security for the phone so i heard you cant go down say from a 2 to a 1 but are you able to go from a 1 to a 2 as a build number upgrade

I don't have this device but, have you tried asking for some member guidance within the following Q&A thread that's specific to your device?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3341138

I'm not stating nor is it my intent that you can't post your question here and your more than welcome to do so but, I would believe that the Device Specific Q&A Thread would be the first place to go where there's more than likely additional members with knowledge for your specific device and variants.

Just curious about this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
9th June 2018, 06:12 AM |#41483  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

Four probable reasons at quick glance:
- You flash before this partition with a wrong (for other partition)/not matchable (not for your device) file and it´s missing now.
- You are failling typing correct syntax of fastboot.
- You don´t enable USB debugging and/or OEM unlock in developer options.
- Image is corrupt, compare sizes within the actual and the info that appears before download it.

I never flash my phone before,i buy him half year ago and its first time when i decide to try root him
I dont make any mistake on writing commends on cmd i check it always double
I have enable usb debugging and oem unlock(it was anyway necesserly when i was unlocking my bootloader)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...ry-xa-t3606488 this is where i download the image twrp,i tried also from difference source but its the same.
9th June 2018, 06:39 AM |#41484  
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migda94

I never flash my phone before,i buy him half year ago and its first time when i decide to try root him
I dont make any mistake on writing commends on cmd i check it always double
I have enable usb debugging and oem unlock(it was anyway necesserly when i was unlocking my bootloader)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...ry-xa-t3606488 this is where i download the image twrp,i tried also from difference source but its the same.

When you stay yet in stock rom although you enabled both options before ever you have to check again if they didn´t come back to original state.

Try this:
- Put a copy of your twrp in the sdcard of you device.
- Rename your twrp image simply twrp (don´t touch extension of the file .img) and put it inside same adb folder in your pc.
- Check again these options in developer settings just for sure.
- Reboot to fastboot mode and type fastboot devices you have to see the ID of your device in cmd window, then type fastboot boot twrp.img you have to boot to twrp, just slide when you are prompted to allow modifications from twrp, then choose the option to install image from twrp and browse to the file that before you copied onto your sdcard, flash it.
9th June 2018, 08:34 AM |#41485  
Flag jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hello there again. I need help with my oreo update. Yesterday, I updated my huawei p10 from nougat to oreo. I was so excited about the update. Unfortunately, after I updated my phone, I had a lot of issues: Bad performance, huge battery drain, slow boots and overheating( even when not using the phone). I am not so excited anymore about the update. Can somebody help me? Without using root.
9th June 2018, 09:46 AM |#41486  

More
Quote:

When you stay yet in stock rom although you enabled both options before ever you have to check again if they didn´t come back to original state.

Try this:
- Put a copy of your twrp in the sdcard of you device.
- Rename your twrp image simply twrp (don´t touch extension of the file .img) and put it inside same adb folder in your pc.
- Check again these options in developer settings just for sure.
- Reboot to fastboot mode and type fastboot devices you have to see the ID of your device in cmd window, then type fastboot boot twrp.img you have to boot to twrp, just slide when you are prompted to allow modifications from twrp, then choose the option to install image from twrp and browse to the file that before you copied onto your sdcard, flash it.

So i need to install twrp through twrp? ok thanks when im home i gonna check this.
EDIT:I just need trwp for root so can i just root the phone when im booting twrp from pc?
9th June 2018, 03:33 PM |#41487  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My device is bricked while booting into twrp through fastboot
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalneo

There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:

NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML Code:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][hide][IMG]https://img.xda-cdn.com/Z7Q8ZYrO1DZidF5YIk63BYqvkp4=/https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropboxusercontent.com%2Fu%2F41066660%2FNewbie%2520Thread%2520Sign.gif[/IMG][/hide][/URL]

My LeEco Le2 phone is fully bricked. I know meaning of bricking
There is no way to turn on
Tried to boot in to twrp without directly installing through fastboot
Suddenly phone bricked
While charging just red LED
Nothing else
No hard reboot, nothing else
9th June 2018, 03:55 PM |#41488  

More
Is there an android file manager with the ability to change hidden file attribute (like in windows), and/or the ability to share a file or folder through LAN/SMB so that I can access it on my computer with explorer as a network share?

P.S. excluding ES file explorer.
9th June 2018, 04:58 PM |#41489  

More
Quote:

So i need to install twrp through twrp? ok thanks when im home i gonna check this.
EDIT:I just need trwp for root so can i just root the phone when im booting twrp from pc?

Yes, if you boot sucesfully to twrp then you can flash supersu or Magisk to root device then reboot and twrp won´t be installed.
9th June 2018, 05:41 PM |#41490  

More
Quote:

Yes, if you boot sucesfully to twrp then you can flash supersu or Magisk to root device then reboot and twrp won´t be installed.

ok so i try this method and my phone just reset...on the sony screen it was writing something with the small letters like "transpareting...ok"
9th June 2018, 06:06 PM |#41491  

More
Quote:

ok so i try this method and my phone just reset...on the sony screen it was writing something with the small letters like "transpareting...ok"

When you typed fastboot devices what do you receive from pc?

Provide a screenie of your adb folder and from cmd window in the failled process

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adifbbk1

My LeEco Le2 phone is fully bricked. I know meaning of bricking
There is no way to turn on
Tried to boot in to twrp without directly installing through fastboot
Suddenly phone bricked
While charging just red LED
Nothing else
No hard reboot, nothing else

More info is needed to try to solve this.
Do you have the x62x version?
USB debugging enabled and OEM unlock from developer settings?
Do you can enter now to fastboot again?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)