so all my apps keep crashing ive done factory resets and all i am going to reflash everything on my phone and i was wondering if i can upgrade from the build number G930FXXU1DQG2 to G930FXXU2DRD1 i read that the xx part is the region and the u1 u2 is some security for the phone so i heard you cant go down say from a 2 to a 1 but are you able to go from a 1 to a 2 as a build number upgrade
Four probable reasons at quick glance:
- You flash before this partition with a wrong (for other partition)/not matchable (not for your device) file and it´s missing now.
- You are failling typing correct syntax of fastboot.
- You don´t enable USB debugging and/or OEM unlock in developer options.
- Image is corrupt, compare sizes within the actual and the info that appears before download it.
I never flash my phone before,i buy him half year ago and its first time when i decide to try root him
I dont make any mistake on writing commends on cmd i check it always double
I have enable usb debugging and oem unlock(it was anyway necesserly when i was unlocking my bootloader)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...ry-xa-t3606488 this is where i download the image twrp,i tried also from difference source but its the same.
When you stay yet in stock rom although you enabled both options before ever you have to check again if they didn´t come back to original state.
- Put a copy of your twrp in the sdcard of you device.
- Rename your twrp image simply twrp (don´t touch extension of the file .img) and put it inside same adb folder in your pc.
- Check again these options in developer settings just for sure.
- Reboot to fastboot mode and type fastboot devices you have to see the ID of your device in cmd window, then type fastboot boot twrp.img you have to boot to twrp, just slide when you are prompted to allow modifications from twrp, then choose the option to install image from twrp and browse to the file that before you copied onto your sdcard, flash it.
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.
The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!
Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.
Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.
Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!
No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO NAME CALLING
ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.
*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*
HALL OF FAME
People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.
These people also have the right to use the banner below:
|ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|