FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,605 Vote(s)
64.05%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.56%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.39%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2018, 10:21 AM |#42581  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 7,030

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq_warth

can you give me link the rom ...

If you mean a link to the stock ROM you'll find it e.g. here. However, a web search will provide you with other locations, too.
And I suggested to follow @Ibuprophen's and @SubwayChamp's advices you above and below your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

Not all true. You can port ROMs and in some cases via system.img or flashing the system partition(s) with an app like FlashFire or from a root shell, you can 'dd' boot, recovery or system.imgs. for example, my Amazon HD 10 was built from the factory image of the Nexus 6, Project Fi LVY48F so I can port nearly everything from that img to my system.

I concur I'd have stated "...anything else might brick the device...", and I'm going to edit my post accordingly. However, does my statement really contradict yours? What is the end state of the process or operation of porting a ROM by whatever means? A functionable ROM, which is originally built for a different device, modified to work on another device (or in other words: dedicated for this other device). I hope you concur that the original ROM is most likely not going to work on the other device without porting it.
And I can only reiterate what @Davey126 truely stated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free

26th December 2018, 11:05 PM |#42582  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hi All,

Hope you are fine. I just want to update my device's modem and firmware files. I am using Note 4 (N910C). I checked from samdb.org and sammobile.com for files. There is no available my country in the list. Which should i select for my device?

P.S: I am using LOS 14.1

I am waiting your experiences.

Thanks in advance.
26th December 2018, 11:40 PM |#42583  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,517

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pol-der

Hi All, Hope you are fine. I just want to update my device's modem and firmware files...........

I don't have this device but, the following area of the forum is specific to your device and variants.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4

Also, I believe that one or both of the following threads should have what you're looking for that's specific to your device as well. Don't be afraid to ask for some member guidance within one of them too.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3535992

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3468647

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Commodore 64.
27th December 2018, 01:12 AM |#42584  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

I don't have this device but, the following area of the forum is specific to your device and variants.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4

Also, I believe that one or both of the following threads should have what you're looking for that's specific to your device as well. Don't be afraid to ask for some member guidance within one of them too.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3535992

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3468647

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Commodore 64.

I was waiting you "When will he come". And you came. Welcome!
27th December 2018, 08:39 AM |#42585  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 7,030

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pol-der

... I just want to update my device's modem and firmware files. I am using Note 4 (N910C). I checked from samdb.org and sammobile.com for files. There is no available my country in the list. Which should i select for my device?
P.S: I am using LOS 14.1...

To have an updated modem is usually a good idea; however, I personally stick with even mature ones as long as they don't make trouble. Why to change a running horse.
Regarding "your country": By my information, CSC only matters if you're on stock Sammy. As you're using LOS I'm convinced you don't need to care.
27th December 2018, 08:40 AM |#42586  
We've made a discovery on a certain device. It was known to have only one 'lk' partition. We've now found it actually has two; lk and lk2. This is according to props set at build which account for all partitions., Including this lk2. By all other accounts, using shell commands and file managers, this lk2 partition does not exist.

So do we in fact have a previously unknown kernel partition on this android device? If so has it been hidden or deleted? How would one potentially go about restoring or accessing it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using XDA Labs
27th December 2018, 11:01 AM |#42587  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

We've made a discovery on a certain device. It was known to have only one 'lk' partition. We've now found it actually has two; lk and lk2. This is according to props set at build which account for all partitions., Including this lk2. By all other accounts, using shell commands and file managers, this lk2 partition does not exist.

So do we in fact have a previously unknown kernel partition on this android device? If so has it been hidden or deleted? How would one potentially go about restoring or accessing it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using XDA Labs

On what device?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
27th December 2018, 11:21 AM |#42588  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

On what device?

Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet, possibly the others as well (I haven't had time to check my other ones).
27th December 2018, 11:39 AM |#42589  
Flag Malabon City
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
I have an Asus Z4Max X00ID Oreo (all stock). I factory reset the phone through the recovery menu then reboot. When the phone reboots, it shows Encrypting (please see picture). Is it safe to interrupt this and do another factory reset?

pic
27th December 2018, 12:08 PM |#42590  
Thanks Meter: 9,301

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_pride

I have an Asus Z4Max X00ID Oreo (all stock). I factory reset the phone through the recovery menu then reboot. When the phone reboots, it shows Encrypting (please see picture). Is it safe to interrupt this and do another factory reset?

I would not. Plug your device let the procedure complete before attempting another operation that involves partition work.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
27th December 2018, 12:15 PM |#42591  
Flag Malabon City
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

I would not. Plug your device let the procedure complete before attempting another operation that involves partition work.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)