FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,604 Vote(s)
64.03%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.57%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.40%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2019, 06:25 PM |#42981  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

I discovered an oddity months ago in /sys/fs/selinux/booleans. A Boolean there called 'device_unlocked' which is set at 'off'. You can change it by using a shell command to say 'on'. But it doesn't persist after a reboot and defaults back to 'off.' I have no idea what it does. And seems to only be present on Amazon tablets (no one in those forums has a clue either). Android doesn't support the use of booleans anymore, at least not in AOSP.

Up until today I couldn't get it to persist the 'on' variable. I have written a small script to persist the value as seen here https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8...mazon-t3865929

My question is, has anyone seen this before or have any idea what it does? What you see in the above link is just about all there is on the matter. I have a screen cap of the log I will upload when I get home. Since persisting this, I get a log entry from /proc/cmdline that pops up now and again. Some of the values do not persist.

First screenshot provided in the above post, is the only log entry when setting the boolean manually. So it does something. The persisting script produces the same log entry, but now produces another entry. The screenshot posted below shows the entry occasionally coming along in the logs once or twice after a reboot. It's reading /proc/cmdline. Which contains a lot of kernel cmdlines. Just run in a terminal:

Code:
cat /proc/cmdline
We assumed they were removed.

Sent from my Amazon KFSUWI using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-17-03-29-49.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	4707221  

17th February 2019, 06:54 PM |#42982  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Good day. I flashed magisk for a friend, the manager also. The app works fine but there's a problem. Riot is not working at all. Every app cannot find root.
18th February 2019, 12:54 AM |#42983  
Flag All over like street lights
Thanks Meter: 313

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCOD

Good day. I flashed magisk for a friend, the manager also. The app works fine but there's a problem. Riot is not working at all. Every app cannot find root.

Did you check to make sure that the system is mounted in twrp? Also what version, and device, Android version are you using? You have to provide more information
18th February 2019, 11:32 AM |#42984  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Oppo R17 Pro Custom Rom
Does anybody know if a custom rom exists for the Oppo R17 Pro? Also will a section ever be opened on XDA for the phone?
18th February 2019, 01:07 PM |#42985  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,997

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackened_white

... Also will a section ever be opened on XDA for the phone?

You can raise such a request here. And even if no own forum is (yet) created maybe an ET is; for details regarding the latter refer to here.
18th February 2019, 03:47 PM |#42986  

More
I have a root question. I noticed some threads out there mentioned that if you root your Samsung Galaxy s9 plus that you don't have Samsung pay or the secure folder anymore and I wanted to check and see if that was still the case and if there is a good link here through XDA that has the instructions to root the phone but still maintain all the phone's normal functionality as well as root access.
20th February 2019, 11:33 PM |#42987  

More
Hi can someone point me to a stock or custom rom that i can flash to this phone please thanks for any help.

Phone Information: UBIFS FileSystem
Hardware: MT6572
Model: S9
Build number: ALPS.KK1.MP7.V1
Build date UTC: 20181106-112921
Android v: 7.0
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V36.P3,
2018/08/20 17:19
Kernel v: 3.4.67([email protected])(gcc version
4.7(GCC))#4 SMP Tue Nov 6 19:25:15 CST 2018
Uboot build v: ----
LCD river IC: 1-st7701_fwvga_dis_vdo_n8_jx_j9_ctc
IMEI 1: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IMEI 2: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
21st February 2019, 06:24 AM |#42988  
Thanks Meter: 638

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gia1

Hi can someone point me to a stock or custom rom that i can flash to this phone please thanks for any help.

Phone Information: UBIFS FileSystem
Hardware: MT6572
Model: S9
Build number: ALPS.KK1.MP7.V1
Build date UTC: 20181106-112921
Android v: 7.0
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V36.P3,
2018/08/20 17:19
Kernel v: 3.4.67([email protected])(gcc version
4.7(GCC))#4 SMP Tue Nov 6 19:25:15 CST 2018
Uboot build v: ----
LCD river IC: 1-st7701_fwvga_dis_vdo_n8_jx_j9_ctc
IMEI 1: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IMEI 2: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Why do you need a rom, Which is the brand, It´s a replic of S9???
21st February 2019, 01:27 PM |#42989  
Thanks Meter: 1,295

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

Why do you need a rom, Which is the brand, It´s a replic of S9???

https://www.mediatek.com/products/smartphones/mt6572 ??
21st February 2019, 04:32 PM |#42990  
Thanks Meter: 638

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinesaintly

https://www.mediatek.com/products/smartphones/mt6572 ??

This describes only the processor that is used (mostly was) in millions of units around the world.

It looks like your device is a generic chinese, many of this kind of devices are manufactured changing the names randomly but great part of the hardware and the software are identical so firstly you have 1 and 100(?) millions possibilities to find your exact device firmware but contrarily to this you have high possibilities that any of the firmwares that run your same version (7.0) suites for your device assuming that is a real nougat.

It means that you can do the searching by putting just the build number code and/or the baseband and you will get a lot of roms, of course most of them will be in Kit Kat or Jelly Bean so is a little bit old kernel. Many of the bunch of roms that you will find are suitable for your device as entire as they are but no guarantee that they don´t have some issue and some of them can eventually soft brick it.

Depending on what is the reason that you need to change the rom it could be some other options like root it or simply doing wipes.
22nd February 2019, 10:32 AM |#42991  
Flag London

More
I've been using Tasker to play around with some hidden settings on my phone (a Nokia 5) and have somehow set the ambient display to always on. There is nowhere in settings to turn it off again, which isn't great given I have an LED screen. Does anyone know which activity I need to launch to turn it off/if I can turn it off using ADB/how I can restore my phone's settings without doing a full factory reset?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)