Software Update

Search This thread

scoobmd

Jan 17, 2008
My benchmarks have been better by a few hundred since I updated. Something must have gotten meesed up the first time I updated because since I downgraded and reupdated things are real great can't wait to get 4.2 if we ever get

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

So did you use Billard's return to stock to downgrade?
I'm thinking of finally making the jump to upgrade this weekend when I have time to play with it.

skinneejay

Feb 24, 2009
Make sure you check your location settings and samsung sync. I've noticed Google now turned on my location under Google maps. That kills the battery. I've also turned off all samsung sync accounts. I only use Google sync. 15 second turn off screen option. Smart stay on. I let sprint connection optimization app do its thing in the background. Hmm went else. And I can tell you my signal sucks in my house. Maybe a bar if I'm lucky.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2.

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
So did you use Billard's return to stock to downgrade?
I'm thinking of finally making the jump to upgrade this weekend when I have time to play with it.

I used what everyone has the flash count reset lol I believe thats it. Everything seems to good. What I did is go back to ljc factory reset upgrade than do another factory reset wipe the cache to and thean sing in to google and everything for me is great

Reactions: scoobmd

salukis93

Mar 2, 2010
I am stock rooted and would like to run the update. Can i unroot using the note2 toolkit, run the update, and then reroot using the toolkit?

Skimpy007

Jan 24, 2012
I would not be surprised if it is because the update. When I first updated phone was crazy so I rooted and flashe back to ljc stock unrooted did a bunch of factory resets and than updated again and everything is working great for now battery is ok gallery is not bad lags a little but not how it was the first time I updated.

Cancel that; After trying like 10 different things found out it was the "BEATS AUDIO PRO driver" but the "Beats audio free" in the market works fine.

I believe in the PRO their version their starting to try and push it through the Bluetooth but obviously not working right.

Thanks for the help!
~SKimpy~

sprice5

Jul 26, 2010
Houston, TX
How is everyone liking the signal and data speeds since the update? I was thinking of just flashing the MA7 modem from rwilco's repository on my rooted stock LJC rom.

GhettoBSD

Oct 9, 2007
So I'd like to run the update as well, but I don't see any clear instructions on how to do it on a rooted device? I'm tired of getting the nag screen all the time. LoL

Samsung note ii

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
So I'd like to run the update as well, but I don't see any clear instructions on how to do it on a rooted device? I'm tired of getting the nag screen all the time. LoL

Samsung note ii

If you're already rooted the easiest method is to use a one-click from here: http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)/Stock ROMs/MA7

Using the instructions here: http://www.rwilco12.com/Files/Devices/Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)/Tutorials/SPHL900-Root.php

Reactions: GhettoBSD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted and Updated

I thought I'd provide some info for anyone with a rooted Note 2 worrying about the software update. This was my sequence of events:

*Stock TouchWiz ROM throughout*

1. I was rooted forever using the toolkit.
    2. I downloaded Chainfire's ExynosAbuse app and used it to fix the Exynos bug.
    3. Got prompted for Software Update.
    4. Undid Chainfire Exynos fix.
    5. Used OTA Rootkeeper to temporarily unroot.
    5. Ran Software Update - no probs
    6. Used OTA Rootkeeper to restore root.

So far... flawless *knocks on wood*
    I'm with you. Anybody know a way to just disable the notification?
    I tried freezing "system update" in titanium, and then clearing the cache. The stupid pop up keeps haunting me.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

delete the update from /cache>
    then go to system/app>
    rename FWUpgrade.apk to FWUpgrade.apk.bak
    and if you are on odexed>
    you need to name FWUpgrade.odex to FWUpgrade.odex.bak as well
    -fix permissions
    -reboot
    -Party like a rock star
    I have an unrooted stock note 2 that was just activated 48 hours ago. If I get the ota I'll pull a logcat for everyone :)
    Is the update newer than MA5?

Higher numbers and letters usually mean this, yes. ;)
    Yes..This was announced. It fixes exynos although I'm still wondering what that means. What was wrong with our exynos to begin with

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

There was an error which allowed non system apps to write to restricted storage, this could cause malicious apps to wreck havoc by essentially having a back door. This mmc erroneous write was part of the way the camera and the chip worked together

Sent from my GT-I9100
    If I helped you, please hit the thanks button!