[BATTERY] Post your Galaxy S5 stats!

Search This thread

omersak

Oct 15, 2010
^thanks for the link. The subsequent pages in the above link shows battery results from (I think - please correct me if i'm wrong) video playback and 3D gaming. All in all, very impressive battery:

Video - the orange bars are at 100% brightness

2df2ddf8b01cc197026dedb82603365f.gif

Gaming:

818b8f2d6ddb67914fe3591b8d5013c4.gif

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
Oh yes, linking those images are problematic, I uploaded myself.

EDIT: it works for you too. Good gaming endurance, video is great as always.

badtoy1986

Aug 1, 2011
They missed a competitor that launches on most networks the same day as the GS5. Why is there no HTC One (M8)?

THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED TO YOUR AND REVIEW BATTERY RESULTS

Smartphone Bulgaria posted it's S5 review and battery stats, and it's VERY promising.
Source of these images: http://news.smartphone.bg/review/revyu-na-samsung-galaxy-s5-noviyat-vodach-na-smartfon-pazara/

Talk time on 3G is topping smartphone.bg's charts at 25 hours

talkdrss0.png

Internet browsing (10,5hrs) is a tad behind the efficient iPhone 5S, but FAR ahead even the Note 3

internetx2sec.png

3D gaming is also topping the charts (4,6hrs)

gameh0syh.png

The Galaxy S5 is now smartphone.bg's endurance champion

battery76snj.png

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
I want to see a test done with 4G on all the time. Why is that lacking? Not everyone wants/needs or is around wifi.
4G signal strength vastly differs on location which will result in differing 4G battery results, WiFi is more consistent. With envelope tracking tech. the S5 should do very well on strong LTE signal, if it's weak, there isn't much to do to stop antenna drainage...

leoaudio13

Feb 24, 2010
Somewhere on Earth
4G signal strength vastly differs on location which will result in differing 4G battery results, WiFi is more consistent. With envelope tracking tech. the S5 should do very well on strong LTE signal, if it's weak, there isn't much to do to stop antenna drainage...

Here are screenshots of mine 2day. Quite good
ezeqebes.jpg

8e6yqeru.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
Cos of wakelock. Shjt load of things are installed on my phone to test things :p

How much screen on time have you been consistently getting with your S5? How is standby time on your S5?

Based on your images, we can estimate roughly 30% of battery used for 2 hours of screen on time which is over 6 hours screen on time on a full charge. Considering you have wakelocks present, battery life seems pretty good.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reactions: atg284

leoaudio13

Feb 24, 2010
Somewhere on Earth
How much screen on time have you been consistently getting with your S5? How is standby time on your S5?

Based on your images, we can estimate roughly 30% of battery used for 2 hours of screen on time which is over 6 hours screen on time on a full charge. Considering you have wakelocks present, battery life seems pretty good.

Standby time is very very good really. I didnt have a chance to test until it drains out ( cos my business, gotta keep the phone alive no matter what :p ). But I normally charge the phone every night before go to bed, wake up unplug and after a full day working with lots of calls, 3G browsing , email push, Facebook, Messenger etc, phone battery is around 70-76% ( sometimes 55-60%) after dinner ( 7-8PM ) which is pretty good for me :)

aazznn92

Feb 23, 2014
Your S5 Model

Standby time is very very good really. I didnt have a chance to test until it drains out ( cos my business, gotta keep the phone alive no matter what :p ). But I normally charge the phone every night before go to bed, wake up unplug and after a full day working with lots of calls, 3G browsing , email push, Facebook, Messenger etc, phone battery is around 70-76% ( sometimes 55-60%) after dinner ( 7-8PM ) which is pretty good for me :)

Hi there, may I know which frequency band is accessible through your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F for 3G and 4G/LTE as I saw some online retailers list it with same model number but one support 4G/LTE and one only support 3G even though they list it as the same model number with the 'F' at the end.

leoaudio13

Feb 24, 2010
Somewhere on Earth
Hi there, may I know which frequency band is accessible through your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F for 3G and 4G/LTE as I saw some online retailers list it with same model number but one support 4G/LTE and one only support 3G even though they list it as the same model number with the 'F' at the end.

No 4g at my position but surely it is full 4g support. As the firmware is hlte
vunymuve.jpg

Bonus pic ;)

ebe6ura2.jpg

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
GSMARENA has determined the S5 to have great battery life, better than the Note 3 in everything except video playback. It also edges out the HTC M8 by 1 hour in talk time and 30 minutes in web browsing while video playback is equal between the two devices.
hy8uge9a.jpg

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5-review-1064p3.php

Impressive, thank you for sharing!

Interestingly, both Mobile-Review's Murzatin and Playwares measured much better video playback time (former 12:48, the latter 13:34 at 100%, the latter 14:45 at 280cm/m2) so I guess GSMArena either didn't an the test fully down just extrapolated results, or used a 3rd party app that's not as hardware efficient. The only phone that beats the S5 video playback time at the same brightness is the Note 3 according to the Korean review.

Matters not really, who watches 12-14 hours of video on a phone anyway? The S5 is simply amazing for it's size.

BoneXDA

Oct 9, 2012
True, AnandTech to the English speaking world is what Playwares to the Korean. I just wish they tested video playback time, cause that's quite important ever since we watch video content on these large devices. I'd very much love to see Brian's and Anand's measurements there, at 200 nits it would blow off competition's roof.

Anyway, the rest of their battery results:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7903/samsung-galaxy-s-5-review/5

62588.png
62590.png

62591.png
62487.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED TO YOUR AND REVIEW BATTERY RESULTS

Smartphone Bulgaria posted it's S5 review and battery stats, and it's VERY promising.
    Source of these images: http://news.smartphone.bg/review/revyu-na-samsung-galaxy-s5-noviyat-vodach-na-smartfon-pazara/

Talk time on 3G is topping smartphone.bg's charts at 25 hours

talkdrss0.png

Internet browsing (10,5hrs) is a tad behind the efficient iPhone 5S, but FAR ahead even the Note 3

internetx2sec.png

3D gaming is also topping the charts (4,6hrs)

gameh0syh.png

The Galaxy S5 is now smartphone.bg's endurance champion

battery76snj.png
    Hey all,

Here is my battery life. Not terrible, but not nearly as good as many of you. This is after minimal use. Email, some web browsing and about an hour's worth of podcast streaming. 58% after 12 hours on battery.

From what I gather, my phone is experiencing wavelock. The Screen-on time vs. awake time is confounding. I contacted Verizon and they sent me a new battery, but my issues continue.

I can send any interested parties a screenshot of my battery stats, as I cannot post a pic, being a new member.

Thanks!

Battery life depends on many different things. So it varies a lot. Even with the same hardware and firmware installed.
    One main influence is the usage.

For posting screenshots/attaching files, you need some few more posts. Then in "Go Advanced" (underneath the post input box) you should get an option to "Manage Attatchments" ... at least when browsing xda in a browser.

If you have concerns about your battery life, there are some nice apps available to help you finding potential culprits draining the battery.
    For example GSAM battery monitor or Better Battery Stats (BBS) from Play store.
    You can also check the BBS thread for further information about how to optimize your battery life ... and if you post a BBS dumpfile there and ask for help, you will get some useful advices.

EDIT:
    Here are my current battery stats after about 8.5 hours of sleeping ... auto-sync disabled, but mobile data enabled all the time.
    (Still on stock G900FXXU1ANE2 with stock kernel ... without any manual system tweaks/undervolting/underclocking/etc. and no power saving mode)
    How can it be better than Note 3, I am confused.

Could be many things, the better screen : battery ratio, fresher SoC, Android / TouchWiz version, improved radios, heat management, screen tech... but wait and see for other results.

I'm quite sure it's related to this: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Gala...e-to-Lucid-Logics-battery-saving-tech_id53325

Enviado do meu Galaxy S4
    Wtf, I feel sorry for Crapple 5s.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Playwares battery wifi and white screen test is done

Playwares measured the S5's heavy wifi browsing endurance (5 second page refresh, orange bars) and I think white constant image drainage at 230cd/m2 (blue bars), and it beats out the G-Flex, S4, Note 3, iPhone 5 & 5s etc., only two phones doing better browsing are the Note 2 and G Pro 2.

54542cmlym.gif

Source: http://www.playwares.com/xe/39621126