What type of controllers are you guys using?

Search This thread

Mateyo64

Apr 13, 2014
So I've never been much of a tablet or phone gamer, but it'd be a waste with so much processor and gpu at my disposal. I just got Drastic and GBA emulators so I'm having a ball playing DS and GBA games. I do wish that I had a controller though. So I'm looking to buy one. Right now, I'm thinking about getting a Moga portable or iMpulse. I could just hook up my PS3 controller but I want a controller I can throw in my bag cause I do a lot flying and playing some emulator action would kill some airplane time. What kind of controller set ups do you guys have?

6stringandy

Feb 9, 2011
Macon, GA
I have a Bluetooth controller called phonejoy, which is also the name of the website I got it from. Used in conjunction with an app called bluezIME, free on the market, it works perfectly with all my emulators. I have emus for DS, GBA, GBC, Game Gear, Genesis, NES, SNES, and PSX. it will also work with some android native games, but it was pretty flawed back when it was still new to the scene with the native games. It may work better with them now, but I never bother with them.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mateyo64

Apr 13, 2014
I have a Bluetooth controller called phonejoy, which is also the name of the website I got it from. Used in conjunction with an app called bluezIME, free on the market, it works perfectly with all my emulators. I have emus for DS, GBA, GBC, Game Gear, Genesis, NES, SNES, and PSX. it will also work with some android native games, but it was pretty flawed back when it was still new to the scene with the native games. It may work better with them now, but I never bother with them.

I was looking at that one! I have some questions if you don't mind answering. Can it hold the tablet in landscape mode? If not, is it uncomfortable using the controller while it's closed? How are the buttons? (too sticky?, cheap feeling?, too much resistance?, etc) That one looks really portable and I actually like the idea of being able to place a phone in the center, but unfortunately I use my tegra note more for gaming than my nexus 4 so I was unsure whether or not to research further.

PS: Whoa. Not to be weird but your post has your location and it says Macon, GA. I'm a Mercer student. Small world!

Last edited:

6stringandy

Feb 9, 2011
Macon, GA
I actually have the model that looks like an old ps2 controller. Nowhere to place a phone in the middle. I always invest in a stand of some form or fashion for my devices.
At the time I bought this one, it was only one of two models they had, and the other one was the same, just without the thumb sticks.
I never really liked hand held games, so that one was a better fit for me.
And I live in Dublin now, 45 minutes east of Macon. Had to get out of there. Macon has gone so far down hill since we first moved there in 97. You picked one of the best schools around to go to tho, just sucks that its in Macon.
Hope this info helps.