FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S-View Cover Interferes the Compass

137 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By squarejp, Senior Member on 5th May 2013, 05:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I love my original s-View cover but it interferes my s4 compass especially with the cover is folded to the back of the phone. I can clearly see how the cover changes the direction of the Google Map compass while flipping the cover.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

5th May 2013, 07:59 PM |#2  
Flag Elizaville
Thanks Meter: 408

Donate to Me
More
That's because there's a magnet in it to activate the hal sensor to tell the screen to go to s-veiw window

If you take a magnet and put it where the sensor is on the phone with the s-veiw cover open your screen will change like if the cover is closed

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD
5th May 2013, 09:28 PM |#3  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 196

Donate to Me
More
If the S-View covers work with the aid of a magnet, how does this one work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=281100942769

As I understand, no magnets here and yet they claim it has all S-View abilities!

PS ... anyone bought this cover? If yes, is this latched on to the built in battery cover or does it reduce bulk by replacing the battery cover?

Thanks
5th May 2013, 09:37 PM |#4  
Flag Wallasey, Wirral
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee

As I understand, no magnets here and yet they claim it has all S-View abilities!

PS ... anyone bought this cover? If yes, is this latched on to the built in battery cover or does it reduce bulk by replacing the battery cover?

Thanks

Got to have a magnet to trigger the S4 S-View mode on the display. Doesn't say it's got a magnet in the listing, then again doesn't say it hasn't.... Looks like it's got kind of a tpu case which snaps round the phone and the cover is glued onto that.
The Following User Says Thank You to markbloke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift markbloke Ad-Free
6th May 2013, 03:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee

Thanks

I have this cover. It does not replace the battery cover, but fits over it. However, the "leather" is very thin, so the case doesn't really add much bulk. The s-view function works perfectly. However, I won't continue to use this case once a better s-view case comes out. The part that holds the phone in the case doesn't cover the corners of the phone, so they are vulnerable if the phone is dropped. And, the front of the case could easily open if the phone is dropped, so there is no protection for the front of the phone, either. I really prefer flip cases, because I ruined an expensive phone by dropping it, so I want something that protects the phone. I really like the s-view option, but this isn't the case for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gibbs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gibbs Ad-Free
6th July 2013, 12:12 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I got a cheap copy of the S-View which fits perfectly and works just as good. Unfortunately it seems the magnet is too strong because the S-View mode activates when I fold the cover around the back!

Is there any way to fix this?
6th July 2013, 12:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Yeah do what I did, take it off, throw it into the corner in disgust, and put a tpu flip case on instead.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
6th July 2013, 02:44 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBob

Yeah do what I did, take it off, throw it into the corner in disgust, and put a tpu flip case on instead.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Dude, do you have a link to the one you bought - does it work just like the S-View?
4th August 2013, 02:13 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have the cover from Tridea. Got it yesterday.

It is actually quite nice and protects the phone better than the original S-view case. However, this is magnetic too and makes the compass more or less unusable.
9th August 2013, 10:22 AM |#10  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitch

I got a cheap copy of the S-View which fits perfectly and works just as good. Unfortunately it seems the magnet is too strong because the S-View mode activates when I fold the cover around the back!

Is there any way to fix this?

I'm wondering this too. I paid $7, versus $60, so I can't complain, but I would LOVE to find out that the authentic ones actually fix this critical issue.
9th August 2013, 12:04 PM |#11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Why not buy an original one, guaranteed to work. I have had mine since day one and works great, even when flipped back. I can post a video. If need be.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)