By inphamous36, Senior Member on 12th July 2013, 12:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th July 2013, 03:18 PM |#21  
Kansas city
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oohaylima

No. Other phones can support it to. Like the Evo 3D. Officially no, but unofficially yes.

I meant like out of the box lol sorry if you root it or something then yeah

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

12th July 2013, 03:36 PM |#22  
Canada
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarken

DONT REALLY CARE MUCH... as long there is 64gb inside..
INcase some 1 interested.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...891949099.html

Fake card mean it won't be 64gb, and it will stop working pretty fast and you'll loose everything. It's become corrupted.

GL with your fake card

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium
12th July 2013, 03:57 PM |#23  
Flag Somewhere in NYC
Thanks Meter: 521

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax5ter

Better carry a fanny pack to carry that hdd =)

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Why do people buy phones without knowing details about it? Yes S4 supports 64gb cards actually I think it's the only phone out in the market that supports 64gb cards. Correct me if that has changed since the s4 had launched I haven't kept up.

The HTC Vision was released in mid-2010 and officially it can only support 32GB cards. It's still my backup phone and I have a 64GB card in it.
12th July 2013, 05:52 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oohaylima

I hear ya. But we're power user who need the space. The average user can't seem to fill that internal space.

People justified the move to have no SD card is because of "security" reasons. I read up on it and still don't agree that the security concern justifies the removal of it.

But hey. People will spend what they want to spend.

The "security" reason is pure BS. It is clear what the real reason is. So they can charge you more for extra internal memory, many times more than that memory actually costs. It is a scam, if you ask me.

The same units that don't have memory cards usually also have no replaceable battery. Also for "security" reason? No, it is so when the battery gets bad you have to buy a new phone, rather than replace the battery.

It is sad to see other manufacturers copy Apple in that regard.

If people stopped buying any device that did not have a memory card slot and replaceable battery, the practice would stop;

As far as more space only being necessary for the "power user", I disagree. Smartphones are excellent media players, and everyone likes to listen to music or watch videos. With more memory available (like via a 32GB or still better a 64GB memory card, you can put a lot of music and videos on the device. One doesn't have to be a "power user" to do that.
12th July 2013, 05:54 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 204

More
theres Warranty go to service centre n change a new one.
12th July 2013, 07:25 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
So is the Amazon class 10 Sandisk 64GB for $50 about the best price you can get? It's too bad they don't give you a break between the 32 and the 64. It's literally double the price.
12th July 2013, 08:20 PM |#27  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 7,991

More
San disk has been good to me with my s3 and note2 but the the 64g class 10 in my s4 died after 5 days.I replaced it with a kingston.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda premium
12th July 2013, 08:51 PM |#28  
Flag Lykens
Thanks Meter: 426

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax5ter

Better carry a fanny pack to carry that hdd =)

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Why do people buy phones without knowing details about it? Yes S4 supports 64gb cards actually I think it's the only phone out in the market that supports 64gb cards. Correct me if that has changed since the s4 had launched I haven't kept up.

Well when external hdds are no bigger than a wallet or your phone or even carrying around another music player, I think it is worth it. And I wouldn't take it everywhere like work and such. Just in the car or such for extra media

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
12th July 2013, 10:33 PM |#29  
Kansas city
Thanks Meter: 32

More
i ordered the 64gb card from newegg that "claimed" to be samsung. But when i got the card it looked like a off brand card. I was going to send it back but i am getting Class 10 speeds on the card, i have had it in my phone just a little over 2 weeks so lets see if it goes bad. But i am happy with the speed performance.

The gallery images load super fast! thats the best way to test your memory card honestly if you want to see how snappy class 10 is. i came from a class 4 card and there is a noticeable difference in the time it takes to load the images when you click on Gallery.
13th July 2013, 04:19 AM |#30  
Flag Beaufort, SC
Thanks Meter: 431

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicpaulution

Well when external hdds are no bigger than a wallet or your phone or even carrying around another music player, I think it is worth it. And I wouldn't take it everywhere like work and such. Just in the car or such for extra media

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Really? Which product would you recommend?
13th July 2013, 04:31 AM |#31  
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 256

More
After personal experience and reading a lot online I won't buy anything but the Samsung micro SD cards. I have SanDisk cards too, but none of them run the advertised speeds or can sustain the speeds. I found this out the hard way with my GoPro camera. It won't keep recording video if the speeds drop below 10mb/s so it shuts itself off. The only one to work was the Samsung. This may not be as a big of a deal on these phones, but it was enough to convince me. I have 3 64gb SanDisk cards and not of them benchmark the advertised speed.

this is the one I bought from Newegg, it was more expensive but worth it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 converted SGH-I337
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung microSD.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	2112511  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)