[ROM][4.2.2]CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly builds

Search This thread
Screenshot for this build? I think nothing visually change. Mostly are the same. Except the status bar pull down and the toogles.

There are many changes in 4.2. toggles, lock screen widgets, multiuser support for the tablets, gesture typing, photosphere camera, and many more.
4.2.1 is a small incremental update for fixing some issues like December month.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

cub3r

Mar 12, 2011
Cyberjaya
There are many changes in 4.2. toggles, lock screen widgets, multiuser support for the tablets, gesture typing, photosphere camera, and many more.
4.2.1 is a small incremental update for fixing some issues like December month.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Yes, more feature. I know :) but visually, nothing change a lot. So if you have seen jelly beans UI, then 4.2.1 is also the same things. Not that much. Only some few icon. But yes, like you said, there is so many new feature :)

red_rebel

Dec 6, 2011
Saint-Petersburg
Hello,
Tried to add Russian additional input method to keyboard. It doesn't switch to it - doesn't change layout.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
not work for me
and also allarms

Did you test the alarm while the device was in use? or while it was sleeping?
Did you manage to catch error's in logcat?

Please let me know the scenario in which you found the alarms to not work so if you cant get the logcats, I can attempt to recreate and grab them myself for cdesai

how about battery drain?

Its a bit too early to tell, but its a bit much at the moment, but not too different from CM10. Being that its basically ALPHA/BETA (labeled as experimental) which is historically more unstable then NIGHTLY's or Release Candidate's, its not something I didnt expect...

All of the above being said, the ONLY issue preventing me from using this for more then testing is the rotation issue, I use my tablet in landscape mode, with ADW Launcher EX I was able to set it proper. ADW Launcher EX has 2 options, landscape (static, whats reversed and needs fixing) and landscape by sensor, but any game's, or programs that arent sensor aware use the reversed landscape rotation, and having to flip my tablet around every time I want to do something is a HUGE PITA! (the landscape orientation match's the bootanimation if you want a good comparison)

Reactions: cdesai

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
Alarm works here.

Also, for rotation issues, read this:
Hold the tab in your desired orientation and then just before launching the app you want, turn rotation lock on.
Though I guess it isn't so bad holding your tab like you do in recovery in landscape than holding it inverted in portrait.

As for launcher, sbradymobile has a patch for that which i'll include and post a link here too later today.

I haven't tried photosphere on 4.2 builds yet, but you can always try that yourself and let us know the results :)

Everyone else, if you have any issues other than mentioned, look at HammerFest's post, and then get logs!

Sent from my GT-P1000

ronak.super

Aug 9, 2011
bangalore Occupation:-Student
Alarm works here.

Hold the tab in your desired orientation and then just before launching the app you want, turn rotation lock on.
Though I guess it isn't so bad holding your tab like you do in recovery in landscape than holding it inverted in portrait.

As for launcher, sbradymobile has a patch for that which i'll include and post a link here too later today.

I haven't tried photosphere on 4.2 builds yet, but you can always try that yourself and let us know the results :)

Everyone else, if you have any issues other than mentioned, look at HammerFest's post, and then get logs!

Sent from my GT-P1000
Photo sphere force closes!.

Thank you for your great work!.

Jeliz187

Oct 12, 2009
El Paso, TX
Great build! I can't wait to see it when its finished. I hope the soft buttons are added as they were in CM 9.1.
I rolled back to 9.1 only because of that. Everything else seems to work well besides a few things here and there.
I couldn't get the new NIGHTLYes to work BTW. I know this isn't the place for that, I'm only stating.

Last edited:
Fixed driver

Git Reference.

But input devices still not working!

Really want to thank you all for this fast and great work.
As I remember jelly bean 4.2 was released on 29 October with the release of the nexus 4 and 2 weeks later galaxy nexus and nexus 7 got their update. Then few days later 4.2.1 was released. and then in 38 days we got our first 4.2.1 build for the original galaxy tab where so many recent devices still struggling to get 4.1.1 builds.
I don't want to mention the names. So thank you all for all the efforts and time consumed to give us all these builds for free and even sometimes accepting some people complaints.

--<{Sent from the bottom of my heart}>--

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Alarm works here.

Everyone else, if you have any issues other than mentioned, look at Hammerfest's post, and then get logs!

Sent from my GT-P1000

You actually bring something up that has annoyed me... Recovery Orientation! Mainly I bring it up because I didnt think it was changeable when I first started using the device and flashing (last year), but now that I have used non-cm generated CWM, I know its possible (but forgot to say anything about it!).
Having used many devices and had the physical buttons break because of over use (as a rom flashing addict), I would LOVE for the recovery landscape to be reversed (you would have to remap the cap buttons to match the new orientation) so that I can stop the button wear (sometimes I will flash daily if im waiting for a fix) by using the capacitive buttons instead of physical ones (and no, use of them now feels unnatural I find myself always using the physical ones :( )! Also, that would put the MicroSD slot on the top for easier access and less accidents (I actually lost mine on a dark floor one time when it shot out of the slot :/ but that was 1 outta 100~ times I have removed it).

BUT, thats a personal desire, just one I would change if I could (I have tried multiple times to setup linux for this crap, but im just too much of a GUI user).

Fixed driver

Git Reference.

But input devices still not working!

Sweet... and damn... but still sweet! Good work/job and thanks for all the fish, er i mean fix's!

elvitas

Dec 13, 2010
Thank you for this ROM cdesai! No freeze or reboots since saturday. But when I press and hold home button I don't get app history. Can anyone confirm this?

andyverran

Jan 21, 2010
Really want to thank you all for this fast and great work.
As I remember jelly bean 4.2 was released on 29 October with the release of the nexus 4 and 2 weeks later galaxy nexus and nexus 7 got their update. Then few days later 4.2.1 was released. and then in 38 days we got our first 4.2.1 build for the original galaxy tab where so many recent devices still struggling to get 4.1.1 builds.
I don't want to mention the names. So thank you all for all the efforts and time consumed to give us all these builds for free and even sometimes accepting some people complaints.

--<{Sent from the bottom of my heart}>--

I think you speak for many of us Salahmed.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

tryerxda

Jun 16, 2010
12-6 11:52 AM CST: Thanks! Downloading now!

Sorry about this off-topic non-dev post, but I just had to congratulate Hammerfest for his entirely helpful, perfectly laid out constructive post.

I'm sure that most developers' release times would be cut in half if all posts were like this.

I vote to sticky as a model post!

BTW, this is working great on my P1000.

I now use my tab almost exclusively to play films, so its excellant for my use. Looking good!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Hammerfest

elvitas

Dec 13, 2010
Today first hot reboot after closing youtube. Log will be added later.

I use cm10.1 without modifications and gapps from 30.11.2012 for android 4.2. I charged battery full in the morning and wiped cache and dalvik cache. Then i used youtube for one hour, after closing youtube i get hard reboot.

After reboot statusbar broken, it shows no notifications. For example when i plugin data cabel i don't get nofitication to mount. Or when i listen google music, no notifications too. A picture of statusbar and last_kmsg is attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-11-10-57-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-11-10-57-14.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 791
  • last_kmsg_11.12.2012.txt
    35.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a preview build of CyanogenMod 10.1

Sauce: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

Downloads
    ROM: http://goo.im/devs/cdesai/cm/
    Google Apps: 1 2

Installation
    Note: this ROM uses the same partition layout as recent CM10 builds.

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon

Known Issues
    • Bootanimation looks weird for the first few seconds.

Change Log
    • Initial release

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Note that this is a preview release and non-device specific bugs will not be accepted. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Use these commands to get a logcat and dmesg
    Code:
    adb root
    adb logcat > logcat.txt (wait for a few seconds then press Ctrl + C)
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt

Credits
    • humberos, sbradymobile, jt1134, pawitp and everyone else involved in coding and debugging.
    Re: [ROM][4.2.1]CyanogenMod 10.1 Experimental Builds

I have not abandoned this project, just been busy with life.

I'll try doing a new build once 4.2.2 is fully merged if time permits. :)
    EDIT: Builds for all 4 variants up.
    Rotation issue has been fixed, and everything except the bootanimation (which is also fine after a few seconds of derping) is fine :)

Won't be able to compile and upload test builds today though, i've got exams, but i'll try doing so by the weekend.