[APP] xdaShutdown v1.01 [20 AUG 09] - A Skinnable Shutdown App - All Resolutions

Search This thread

cris_rowlands

Nov 7, 2007
www.CrisRowlands.com
Nice skin, but of course I was talking about the possibility to make a skin that supports both orientations. Take it as a feature request.

ooooh, i see what you did there.
It would be nice :3

Doung that would just simply require the xml being doubled to contain the locations of the files in each orientation (or three xml files) as well as including the pictures for each rotation. Its very easily possible but would double or tripple the size of the installation.

OH WELL :D

^_^

cris_rowlands

Nov 7, 2007
www.CrisRowlands.com
Looks awesome! Anyway to get a black version?:D

Heres my attempt at a slightly more black version:

uyfkhj.png

Clicky

borealcool

Jul 5, 2007
Quebec
Here is a Windows Mobile themed skin that works for QVGA (240x320) and WQVGA (240x400).

not_happy-1.gif

Attachments

• xdaShutdown_Skin_QVGA_WQVGA.zip
    252.2 KB · Views: 1,840
Last edited:

orlandojumpoff

Sep 6, 2007
daveshaw,

can u make it so the balloon wait cursor is hidden? the app loads so quickly that the wait cursor is just there to be annoying... not sure if you're able to do that easily, but if you can it would be great!
thanks

cris_rowlands

Nov 7, 2007
www.CrisRowlands.com
simply for the novelty of it, and the experience of actually making one, ive put my four themes into cabs for QVGA only.

Sadly they only work if you have installed xdaShutdown to the internal memory, but this program is small enough that most people will have anyway ( I hope )

You need to have xdaShutdown installed already to the internal memory, then install the .cab and select "Device" as the location to install to.

Then your done.

*WARNING* uninstalling these cabs leave your "xdaShutdown" folder empty except for the .exe, so make sure you have some new images/xml to copy/install in their place.

Im making the cabs through Visual Studio 2008, which is why they show up in the programs list as "Microsoft CRowlands_etc..." but I am in no way affiliated with Microsoft... yet.. >:-D

Please request some more themes for me to make, I'm rather enjoying this.

^_^

CrisRowlands

Attachments

• CRowlands_Green.CAB
    43.5 KB · Views: 865
  • CRowlands_Black.CAB
    26 KB · Views: 416
  • CRowlands_White.CAB
    28.3 KB · Views: 295
  • CRowlands_TriStripe.CAB
    79.9 KB · Views: 199

voyd

Oct 11, 2008
Variable... ;)
hi,

love this soft, very fast, simple... i love it thanks for that ;)

Just a little skin i've made for an other shutdown soft, so i tryed to port it...

Screen005.png

VGA Version :

French => FR
English => EN

Screen006.png

WVGA Version :

French => FR
English => EN

enjoy

V.

Last edited:

voyd

Oct 11, 2008
Variable... ;)
is it possible to save the menu setting (warning, sleep...)
because each time i launch xdaShutdown, the setting go back to default.. never mind for warning but for slep it's little bit annoying.

thanks

V.

julian76

Oct 8, 2008
I converted the two themes to Omnia qvga resolution 240x400,
copy file from archive ZIP in :
\My Storage\Program Files\xdaShutdown

julian76

Oct 8, 2008
the QVGAxdaShutdownBlack is allready posted before in 240x320,for the second theme I don't have an device for testing with this resolution.

julian76

Oct 8, 2008
On my screen the "close" button is to low, but on the 240x320 device must fit fine,let me know!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Info:
    A fully skinnable (see post #2) shutdown application that asofiker asked me to come up with a long time ago and I've finally got it finished. It's written in Native Win32 C++, so the load speed is PDQ.

My skinning skills are rubbish so any one interested in making this look nice, please post and I'll add your graphics.

Screens (WVGA theme on my TP2):
    xdaShutdown.png

Features:
    • Shutdown actually works.*
    • Fully skinnable, will work in any resolution.
    • Full screen mode.
    • Sleep / Light's out modes.
    • Command Line (see "Usage").
    • Map to Long press.
    *Should work on HTC devices since the Kaiser, I'm open to try and add support to non HTC devices. PM me if you can help.

Usage (Command line):
    You can call xdaShutdown command line as follows:
    Code:
    xdaShutdown /restart [/warn] - Soft resets the device.
    xdaShutdown /shutdown [/warn] - Power off the device.
    xdaShutdown /sleep - Put the device in Sleep mode.
    xdaShutdown /lightsout - Turn off the screen.

/warn - issues a warning before performing the action.

Change log:
    Download full change log

-[BUG] Fixed command line bugs (would only shutdown)
    -[TWK] Replaced Kernel IO Control with ExitWindowsEx(). This should ensure settings are saved upon restart / shutdown.
    -[TWK] The Sleep / Light's out option simply overrides the action of the Sleep button to light's out - even if you have a seperate lights out button.
    -[NEW] Ability to create a Long_press.lnk shortcut in \Windows\. Existing shortcut is backed up and restored if needed when removing the shortcut.
    -[NEW] Various XML Changes, If you're new to skinning, just see post #2 and read up. If you're an existing skinner and want to see what's changed, read the full change log.

-Initial Release

TODO:

Known Issues:
    1. Actions in the XML are case sensitive.
    2. Remove 1px border around the BG.
    3. Shutdown Support on the following devices: Atom Life, Omnia (II?), Moto A3100 (WM 20780), Toshiba G900, Asus P320, Flame, KS20, Magician, Palm Treo Pro 850, Asus P527, Acer M900. (Anyone who knows how to fully power off these devices, let me know).

Thanks
    -Chourdakis Michael for his XML Lib.
    -asofiker for the QVGA graphics.
    -Olipro, cmonex, l3v5y and no2chem for general coding help.
    -fards for the long press work around (until I get it in the app).
    -All the Skinners :D

Downloads (WWE):
    I have uploaded 3 versions (all with crappy graphics) for QVGA, VGA and WGVA.
    There's also a Exe only, for those that don't want to lose their skin ;).

Other Languages:
    -ESN v1.01
    -GER v1.01
    Here's 30 of my WVga skins.
    The download includes the skin folders and a scripts folder.

To use the scripts you will need Mortscipt and xdaShutdown installed.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1) Download and unzip this file. http://depositfiles.com/files/it4cggn7g
    2) Place the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder in the root directory of you devices storage card.
    3) On your device, use file explorer to navigate to the "30Scripts" folder. it's located in the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder.
    Path = \storage card\XdashutdownSkins\30Scripts.

4) Select one of the .mscr files. Wait two/three seconds for xdaSutdown to start.

To view or switch to another skin exit xdaShutdown and select a different .mscr file.

The last skin you choose will be the one that comes up when you start xdaShutdown, until you change it.
    You can use your own backgrounds on most of these skins. Just relplace the background image inside the skin folders.

That's a good idea (the one with the MortScript to change the skins). Thanks. :)

To make the script run regardless of where you place the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder you can use in the script:

XCopy (SystemPath("ScriptPath")&"\..\SkinFolderName\*.*","\Program Files\xdaShutdown", TRUE )

instead of hard-coding the folder path.

This also allows people to change the name of the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder and the "30Scripts" folder as well (but not the name of the folder where the skin is placed).

Cheers

EDIT:
    OK, I spent a couple more minutes and I have created a small script (based on Phonatic's scripts) that will allow to browse to the folder where the skin files are located, select the skin folder and it will apply it to xdaShutDown and start the program with the new skin. This way you can put all your favorite skins in a folder (each skin in it's own folder, of course :)) on the storage card (for example) and use this script to pick the one you want to use today :) and you don't need a separate script for each skin. It's very basic, but it does the job :)

You'll need MortScript installed to run it.

Have fun