[Q] [DEV] Can someone DUMP P500 Baltic system.img

Search This thread

ergo911

Feb 5, 2009
Hi, Can someone please dump/backup the system.img from baltic P500 or have a offical update for baltics. Thanks
Just do a backup and upload it. Thanks

Last edited:

Nalt

Dec 10, 2010
Birštonas
Hmm, could you be more specific? I just bought this Optimus One like two days ago, and I'm feeling very newb (it's my first Android).

What do I have to do, to give you that system.img and what is that system.img file?

ergo911

Feb 5, 2009
Hi, the system.img a backup from Android /system partition is a main part of the android. But this guide we just dump that /system partition, it's the easiest way.

I'll try to help you do that:

1. Is your phone rooted?
If you haven't done that, then use Z4Root(super easy app :) ) and you can get it from here: http://www.upload.ee/files/997919/z4root.1.3.0.apk.html
Download that file and copy to sd card and install.
Open that installed app and root your phone ;)
If you need help with that, then there is little how to here: http://www.worldofnubcraft.com/285/rooting-a-lg-optimus-one-android-phone

2. OK, rooting done, now we need terminal app: You'll find that from Market. Just search "Android Terminal Emulator" it's from Jack Palevich and install that.

3. Now open the Terminal Emulator and enter these commands without "" and hit enter after command, these 3 command should be it:

"su" it asks for a root privileges and you allow that
"cd /system"
"tar zcvf /sdcard/system-dump.tar.gz *" and wait when it finishes. it takes some time. It's done when you see #, it takes couple of minutes max.

4. That file is now on your phone SD card and upload that system-dump.tar.gz file to somewhere and let me know ;)

Last edited:

Nalt

Dec 10, 2010
Birštonas
Are you sure about that?
I'm sorry, but it's not working. It gives me an error "tar not found". Any ideas?

screenshot_1.png

By the way, what you can do with that file? What it contains? I'm just a newb, and I want to know everything about Android. :)

EDIT:

Is it possible to do that dump with Thunderg?

Attachments

• screenshot_1.png
    screenshot_1.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Nalt

Dec 10, 2010
Birštonas
Ok guys, I got it. Before putting it live, I would like to know one thing. Does it contains any personal data, if so, what exactly? Sorry, for being so paranoid.

Last edited:

ergo911

Feb 5, 2009
hi, it won't contain any of your personal data. Personal data is stored mostly on /Data partition and we didn't dump that. Thanks :D

Reactions: Nalt

ergo911

Feb 5, 2009
i think you should look to Thunderg... it's best way to make a full backup and restore after ;)

Reactions: Nalt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to market and install app called "BusyBox" and download / install BusyBox with this tool. After that it will work. ;)
    hi, it won't contain any of your personal data. Personal data is stored mostly on /Data partition and we didn't dump that. Thanks :D
    Ok, so here you have it. :)

Optimus_One_Baltic_ROM_dump.zip - 89.2 Mb

And it's only contains branded ROM with no changes? That's great. What program do I need to restore my ROM to the branded one, if I'm going later to change it?
    i think you should look to Thunderg... it's best way to make a full backup and restore after ;)