Lets be clear about something first before the flames start.
1) He (the developer) is in no obligation to work on this fast or slow or even to work with it at all.
2) The fact that it has taken so long to at least announce an update stating that the work will begin is a clear sign that these people has absolutely no time to work on this which means EPIC FAIL! thats right EPIC FAIL!!! Try to digest it and accept it as a fact. No epic app can keep up the pace of mobile technology unless they have dedicated developers plain and simple.
3) a succesfull app needs developers spending hours and days on it, look at adw o LPP or even go launcher all of them at the beginning started with dedicated developers modifying tweaking and experimenting in a matter of days not months after the app took shape, then they started to slow the pace until the app became awesome then they took time to make adjustments more slowly.
4) Right now LPP+ is suppose to undergo a massive overhaul as deep as the source code itself which OBVIOUSLY takes time but who cares if it takes time we already have a almost fully functional LPP+ (calendar widget is not updating as it should). But the fact that theres something we can play with gives us hope.
5) At first I cheked every night once I came from the university to see if there was at least an update on the progress, after a couple of weeks decided to check once in a week, now I barely Even check.
1) More communication with the community who wants to use the app plus help you out making it great.
2) If you really dont have the time it takes before the idea becomes obsolete and by that go check SENTIO UI its a new UI which states clearly that it will take long before a beta or alpha am like WTF just dont announce it if you cant make it; then ask for developers who can join your team and begin the process not just wait until free time appears, I just can't imagine version 1.0 with like hundred bugs and having to wait like 2 months before a post and 6 months
for a fix???
Thanks for reading I just couldn't resist so much pages of CRAP and still no response from the DEV.