FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New Transparent Google Market 2.3.6

737 posts
Thanks Meter: 178

By msticninja, Senior Member on 6th June 2011, 02:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here's a nice version of the Google Market, based on the latest Market version 2.3.6. It has a blue theme with a translucent background, so you can see your homescreen wallpaper through the Market App.

Just over-write your vending.apk with this one. It's either in /system/app or data/test/froyo/system/app depending on how you installed Market in the first place.

New Market APK

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fb-20110605-195722.jpg
Views:	6457
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	616898  
Attached Files
File Type: apk Vending.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.57 MB, 1325 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to msticninja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift msticninja Ad-Free

6th June 2011, 01:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Looking sweet! I'll try it
6th June 2011, 03:31 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Cool cool
it worked...thanks the white text background isnt that good looking...but the blue in it makes it all worth it ))
6th June 2011, 07:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cool ! it's work on my A70 IT
6th June 2011, 08:38 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raducux

it worked...thanks the white text background isnt that good looking...but the blue in it makes it all worth it ))

Yeah, some parts didn't come out correctly. I pulled it from a custom CM7 rom, and the text background doesn't show on my phone, but on Archos the text color is inverted. Strange, but still better than the stock version.
7th June 2011, 05:31 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
maybe I am doing this wrong or missed at step but it didn't work for me. I downloaded opened with Astro file Manager tried to upgrade and it failed installation. I am nonrooted running stock Archos 70IT software.
7th June 2011, 08:38 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msticninja

Just over-write your vending.apk with this one. It's either in /system/app or data/test/froyo/app depending on how you installed Market in the first place.

You need root access to do this. You might be able to copy the apk to the data/app directory, or data/test/froyo/app, if you don't have root with R/W access.
9th June 2011, 08:26 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
seems pretty~ but any other color?
10th June 2011, 05:03 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Probably somewhere, but all I have is blue.
13th June 2011, 09:53 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Yikes... I can't seem to get this to work. I am rooted and tired using Astro but it won't let me replace it. Oh well! It sure does look pretty.
13th June 2011, 10:37 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richpopski123

Yikes... I can't seem to get this to work. I am rooted and tired using Astro but it won't let me replace it. Oh well! It sure does look pretty.

You will need to use Root Explorer or ADB to replace it. Astro doesn't use root permissions, so even if you are rooted, Astro is not.
The Following User Says Thank You to msticninja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift msticninja Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)