FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUT] Custom frameworks for Gen 8

2,331 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
By fisha21, Senior Member on 6th March 2011, 10:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th March 2011, 08:46 PM |#21  
fisha21's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdl1908

Nope tthats not it.

can you zip up the files files-to-remove.txt and log.txt in the WorkSpace dir and post them or via pm if thats possible.

here you go..

the resulting apk has an empty drawable-mdpi
Attached Files
File Type: zip FWB logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (42.4 KB, 4 views)
 
 
10th March 2011, 08:59 PM |#22  
wdl1908's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
You get a lot of errors on the screen correct? You should not have any errors.

the output on the screen should look something like this.

Code:
Checking environment...Done.
Checking programs...Done.
Checking apktools...Done.
Clearing environment...Done.
Unpacking framework-res.apk...Done.
Uncompiling framework-res.apk...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Decoding resources...
I: Copying assets and libs...
Done.
Applying MOD...Done.
Compiling framework-res.apk...
W: Could not find sources
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
I: Building apk file...
Done.
Unpacking compiled framework-res.apk...Done.
Copy files from UNPACKED to COMPILED that are not modified...Done.
Repackaging COMPILED to framework-res.apk...Done.
Those are all the .9.png that are bad and can't be compiled.

The compile failed.... need to test for that.

you might want to read up on the .9.png problem it's nasty. I'v not yet found a good solution for that.
10th March 2011, 09:14 PM |#23  
fisha21's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdl1908

You get a lot of errors on the screen correct? You should not have any errors.

the output on the screen should look something like this.

Code:
Checking environment...Done.
Checking programs...Done.
Checking apktools...Done.
Clearing environment...Done.
Unpacking framework-res.apk...Done.
Uncompiling framework-res.apk...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Decoding resources...
I: Copying assets and libs...
Done.
Applying MOD...Done.
Compiling framework-res.apk...
W: Could not find sources
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
I: Building apk file...
Done.
Unpacking compiled framework-res.apk...Done.
Copy files from UNPACKED to COMPILED that are not modified...Done.
Repackaging COMPILED to framework-res.apk...Done.
Those are all the .9.png that are bad and can't be compiled.

The compile failed.... need to test for that.

you might want to read up on the .9.png problem it's nasty. I'v not yet found a good solution for that.

Yep, I do get a lot of errors related to .9.png files. Was hoping that wasn't important!
11th March 2011, 12:30 AM |#24  
blazingwolf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 409
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdl1908

I just found out we can have custom boot animations on our gen 8 devices.

search for some bootanimation.zip on the web or go to UOT Kitchen and download one from the kitchen. place it in the directory /data/customization/ and reboot. This works even for the stock firmwares with archangel root.

Enjoy

I was actually looking in to this but hadn't found it yet. Thanks for posting about it.
11th March 2011, 08:05 PM |#25  
wdl1908's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Added v0.2 of FrameWorkBuilder in second post.

Some tests added some optimizations added.
13th March 2011, 04:28 PM |#26  
wdl1908's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisha21

Yep, I do get a lot of errors related to .9.png files. Was hoping that wasn't important!

You got the images from other framework-res.apk's right?

You should DECOMPILE those with apktools and then copy the images.
If you do that and then recompile your new framework-res everything should be fine.

The decompile add stuff to the .9.png files.

I just did some testes with status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png and when I EXTRACT it from an apk it does not work when I decompile the apk first and then use that image it works fine.
22nd March 2011, 06:18 PM |#27  
wdl1908's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Posted version v0.3 of FrameWorkBuilder in the second post.

Fixes some stuff with duplicate names and animations.
22nd March 2011, 06:47 PM |#28  
fisha21's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdl1908

You got the images from other framework-res.apk's right?

You should DECOMPILE those with apktools and then copy the images.
If you do that and then recompile your new framework-res everything should be fine.

The decompile add stuff to the .9.png files.

I just did some testes with status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png and when I EXTRACT it from an apk it does not work when I decompile the apk first and then use that image it works fine.

Finally got around to trying v0.2 this morning, and already a new version!

I did as you suggested and this time the script ran perfectly, with a working framework-res.apk. Sadly, this didn't fix the issue I was hoping to address, but that's nothing to do with the script.

Also, the decompiled .9.pngs all had black lines added to the images, which required editing out again. Not sure if you found that?
22nd March 2011, 07:00 PM |#29  
wdl1908's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisha21

Finally got around to trying v0.2 this morning, and already a new version!

Yeah well i'm trying different things. ANd trying to solve some problems I encounter with different kind of mods. It seems it's possible to replace any png with an animation I did that already for the wifi signal stuff. Not ready for prime time yet but I'm getting there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisha21

I did as you suggested and this time the script ran perfectly, with a working framework-res.apk. Sadly, this didn't fix the issue I was hoping to address, but that's nothing to do with the script.

What issue do you have maybe I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisha21

Also, the decompiled .9.pngs all had black lines added to the images, which required editing out again. Not sure if you found that?

Don't edit them out they are important. They give the apktools compiler information how the png can be scaled. so they need to be in there.

Read about those funny black lines here and you will understand.
23rd March 2011, 01:26 AM |#30  
fisha21's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdl1908

Don't edit them out they are important. They give the apktools compiler information how the png can be scaled. so they need to be in there.

Read about those funny black lines here and you will understand.

Haha, looks like I didn't do enough homework!! The issue I'm having is getting the .9.png's to work properly. I've taken some from a Desire theme, used your v0.2 to decompile the .9.pngs. This time around, I left the "funny black lines" in ( thanks for the reading material), but the images still don't resize properly on the device. Plus, the black lines are visible on the images on the device. I understood from that article that the lines are for resizing info, so shouldn't be visible right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by wdl1908

It seems it's possible to replace any png with an animation I did that already for the wifi signal stuff.

Yeah, I've seen this is in one of the Desire themes, with the cell signal bar. Each bar gradually fills, rather than just appearing. You may want to take a look - it's the Carbon Ara theme.
23rd March 2011, 12:29 PM |#31  
wdl1908's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisha21

This time around, I left the "funny black lines" in ( thanks for the reading material), but the images still don't resize properly on the device. Plus, the black lines are visible on the images on the device. I understood from that article that the lines are for resizing info, so shouldn't be visible right?

Did you compile the framework-res or just replace the png's. If you have .9.png you NEED to recompile framework-res and not just replace the images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisha21

Yeah, I've seen this is in one of the Desire themes, with the cell signal bar. Each bar gradually fills, rather than just appearing. You may want to take a look - it's the Carbon Ara theme.

i'll look into it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes