May 30, 2012
Bandung
LG V30
2a9zUsv.png

INTRODUCING

Hello XDA Community
I just want to share TIPS how to port OEM/VENDOR Apps to your current ROM

Requirement :

1. Knowledge in decompile/recompile/sign/zipalign apk file (apps)
- If you don't know how to do this, visit this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2195680

2. Knowledge to find library file (*.so file) and framework file (*.jar) whats needed from apps
3. You should understand MANAGING APPLICTAIONS it help on making update into system like porting APPS
- if you don't know how to do this, visit this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60829642&postcount=2
4. Knowledge to use LogCat
- if you don't know how to do this, visit this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274119

What should i do now? :

1. First times you need download Full ROM is there already deodexed so you can take some file you need to ported or you make it by yourself
2. If you already understand what i said above, lets start to final section
3. If you already take all file what you need to port, collect all the files, and prepare update.zip updater, add the file to zip with right folder

*.Apk file must be in system>app or priv-app
*.So file must be in system>lib
*.jar file must be in system>framework
*.xml file permissions framework must be in system>etc>permissions

How can I know what's library is needed? :

1. Knowledge is in need if the library doesn't exist in apk file, locate the name of the library file (*.so file) that may be related to the application (the file name may be a bit the same with the application) you can search in system>lib or use using a logcat after installing apps, you will see a missing library like :
FATAL error can't find class blablabla something like that :D

2. If library file already exist in apk file /folder lib>armeabi (You just need to extract it from apk file and take the file *.so)
Moawj5V.png

(Taking *.so files)
Example for all applications

NOTE For Lollipop : Google has change structure of an applications in system that every applications having lib folder itself, it make more easy to locate lib files

- Open SemcAlbum.apk using winrar/rar and extract folder lib then remove folder lib from that app
vwzTO3J.png

- Rename com.sonyericsson.album.apk to SemcAlbum.apk
- Create folder with same name with apk name (SemcAlbum)
- Under that folder create folder lib
- Under lib folder create folder arm
- navigate to the extracted lib before, move *.so files from armeabi-v7a if exist or armeabi into SemcAlbum/lib/arm/
xiSQsHB.png

3. To see what's apps required library framework file :
- Decompile apps with using file framework-res.apk from that ROM apps (Also maybe need framework 2 like SemcGenericUxpRes.apk etc)
- Open AndroidManifest.xml using Text Editor (Like NotePad++) and see like this line
2SZ4pl2.png

<uses-library android:name="com.sony.device" android:required="true" />
<uses-library android:name="com.sony.device" android:required="false" />
Leave file has been decompiled and Take it file name (In list AndroidManifest) from the ROM file that you want to ported from system>framework also take permission framework file (*.xml) from system>etc>permissions

Example :
com.sonyericsson.navigationbar < it mean jar file, so you should take the file from system/framework

framework files need xml file permissions
com.sonyericsson.navigationbar.xml file, so you should take the file from system/etc/permissions

Explaination :
What The different true & false?
true : the application is required that framework to work
false : the application is still required that framework but without that framework the application can still work but some feature that need framework files will not work.

This section is not modified the apps, first you can try flash it with Recovery and see its working or not, if not working (FC) you need to see whats wrong in logcat (FATAL ERROR)

Or the problem apps parsing error because your Android Version is lower (e.g apps JB to ICS)

Now you need to decompile that apps

Go to smali folder and search whats wrong in logcat, if you already fix it (I will explain how to fix it in next post)

Then open AndroidManifest.xml try to change minimal sdk version from Android_manifest or in apktool.yml
Code:
minSdkVersion: '[COLOR="Red"]16[/COLOR]'
targetSdkVersion: '17'
Change to this number
Code:
minSdkVersion: '[COLOR="Red"]14[/COLOR]'
save all changes
then recompile, sign and zipalign

NOTE :
1. Not any apps can be ported to lower Android Version by change minimal sdk

Last edited:

Rizal Lovins

Recognized Developer / Themer / Inactive RC
May 30, 2012
Bandung
LG V30
Analizing app force close and how to fix it

Well in this post i will explain how to fix force close app that you are trying to port
Typically applications that do not work is because several factors:
1. Missing library framework
2. Missing *.so files
3. Java Method or function that do not match with your current ROM

You should look at AndroidManifest.xml what app needed framework files, see screenshots!
2SZ4pl2.png

take the file name like on AndroidManifest.xml in system/framework and take xml permissions files from system/etc/permissions

2. Missing *.so files
This is really confused how to find what app is need *.so files
The solution is install the app and take a logcat!

The log will say something like this :
example (can't find class libUXVisualizer blablabla)

then you just search on system/lib for libUXVisualizer.so from the ROM you want to port and take it!

There is many factors that make app force close, but in SONY Apps usually only error "GetString". if you are trying to port SONY Apps to your current ROM (E.g. CM Based ROM) you will face same issue like this.
lxIbQpz.jpg

What should i do now after i see this log?

Ok let's start!!!
1. Decompile apps with using file framework-res.apk from that ROM apps (Also maybe need framework 2 like SemcGenericUxpRes.apk etc)
2. Go to folder smali/com/sonyericsson/metadatacleanup/util/
3. Open StorageManagerIf.smali using text editor
- Find .line 262 and see like this!
tyTiMqL.png

4. Decompile your framework-res.apk
- Go to folder res/value/
- Open Public.xml using text editor
- Following StorageManagerIf.smali in .line 262 there is code look like this
Code:
const-string v2, "[COLOR="Red"]storage_internal[/COLOR]"
RIGHT?
- SO Search storage_internal in Public.xml in your framework-res.apk
EqxeMSF.png

copy the code and change the code look like this!
Code:

invoke-direct {p0, v1, v2}, Lcom/sonyericsson/metadatacleanup/util/StorageManagerIf;->getString(Landroid/content/res/Resources;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v2, v0}, Ljava/lang/String;->equals(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

move-result v2

if-eqz v2, :cond_0
Shrink code to
Code:
const v2, [COLOR="Red"]0x10405ad[/COLOR]
So it will look like this
Code:
 .line 262
    .local v0, "description":Ljava/lang/String;
    const v2, 0x10405ad

In screenshot logcat say there is many error, you should search similar code like before "storage_sdcard" & "storage_usb" and follow changing code guide like before!!! also search in other smali that same error like that.

If you are done, save all change then recompile apk and sign apk

CONGRATZ YOU ARE DONE.

Last edited:

vanitea

Jan 13, 2012
bandung
nice thread

Thanks for it...... :good::good::good::good:
but still waiting for more detil tuttor, give some example to port apk from sony to all android device
because i wana be RC-RD like you:D:silly:

you are realy great RC-RD here

Reactions: Rizal Lovins

Rizal Lovins

Recognized Developer / Themer / Inactive RC
May 30, 2012
Bandung
LG V30
but still waiting for more detil tuttor, give some example to port apk from sony to all android device

you are welcome my friend :)

Yeah i will post with all detail later, now just uploaded some screenshots :)

No!!! i'm not developer :D

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
If i want to port Z1 Task Switcher ... or Z1 small apps like Calculator ...

EX ! should i edit jar files ? like services and framework.jar ....
Or just follow your method ?

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------
@Rizal Lovins

Last edited:

Minions_Army

Nov 7, 2012
【Gru Laboratories】
nice guide master

i try to backport music apk from lenovo Ics to Gb...and succes 50% may be...but i have little problem about scanning media..not all music can be playing..n always fc if i open music album

on widget work 100% bt not on main app

thanks
n sorry my bad english

lispsne

Jun 1, 2012
thanks for sharing:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

andrman1

Apr 20, 2012
I have a question: why needed to decompile framework-res.apk and other framework file before decompiling/compiling other apps ?

TechExhibeo

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 8, 2012
Ropar
hybrideon.com
Thnxxx alot for this guide Rizal . ..
Will try it when i get tym....
U are awesome mate...

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro(SK17i) using Tapatalk 4

zakk87

Sep 3, 2010
Thank you for tutorial, can someone port Smartactions from Motorola phones. I can try but tomorrow.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Mikanoshi

Aug 9, 2013
Soviet ☭ Russia
en.mikanoshi.name
@Rizal Lovins I dont understand very well how to know what files .SO i need
You can just launch an app, wait for it to FC and then read logcat to find out what library it requires :)
The better way is to decompile apk and search for loadLibrary() calls in sources.

Now I only want to know how to port Walkman visualizator, because this error doesn't help much:
E/dalvikvm( 8237): dlopen("/system/lib/libUXVisualizerCore.so") failed: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN8SkBitmap9setConfigENS_6ConfigEiii" referenced by "libUXVisualizerCore.so"...
This symbol is not there in some library, but what lib exactly?) I think it's in Skia 2D graphic library, but I haven't found a version with which visualizer could work.

Last edited:
Reactions: iplexus4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2a9zUsv.png

INTRODUCING

Hello XDA Community
    I just want to share TIPS how to port OEM/VENDOR Apps to your current ROM

Requirement :

1. Knowledge in decompile/recompile/sign/zipalign apk file (apps)
    - If you don't know how to do this, visit this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2195680

2. Knowledge to find library file (*.so file) and framework file (*.jar) whats needed from apps
    3. You should understand MANAGING APPLICTAIONS it help on making update into system like porting APPS
    - if you don't know how to do this, visit this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60829642&postcount=2
    4. Knowledge to use LogCat
    - if you don't know how to do this, visit this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274119

What should i do now? :

1. First times you need download Full ROM is there already deodexed so you can take some file you need to ported or you make it by yourself
    2. If you already understand what i said above, lets start to final section
    3. If you already take all file what you need to port, collect all the files, and prepare update.zip updater, add the file to zip with right folder

*.Apk file must be in system>app or priv-app
    *.So file must be in system>lib
    *.jar file must be in system>framework
    *.xml file permissions framework must be in system>etc>permissions

How can I know what's library is needed? :

1. Knowledge is in need if the library doesn't exist in apk file, locate the name of the library file (*.so file) that may be related to the application (the file name may be a bit the same with the application) you can search in system>lib or use using a logcat after installing apps, you will see a missing library like :
    FATAL error can't find class blablabla something like that :D

2. If library file already exist in apk file /folder lib>armeabi (You just need to extract it from apk file and take the file *.so)
    Moawj5V.png

(Taking *.so files)
    Example for all applications

NOTE For Lollipop : Google has change structure of an applications in system that every applications having lib folder itself, it make more easy to locate lib files

- Open SemcAlbum.apk using winrar/rar and extract folder lib then remove folder lib from that app
    vwzTO3J.png

- Rename com.sonyericsson.album.apk to SemcAlbum.apk
    - Create folder with same name with apk name (SemcAlbum)
    - Under that folder create folder lib
    - Under lib folder create folder arm
    - navigate to the extracted lib before, move *.so files from armeabi-v7a if exist or armeabi into SemcAlbum/lib/arm/
    xiSQsHB.png

3. To see what's apps required library framework file :
    - Decompile apps with using file framework-res.apk from that ROM apps (Also maybe need framework 2 like SemcGenericUxpRes.apk etc)
    - Open AndroidManifest.xml using Text Editor (Like NotePad++) and see like this line
    2SZ4pl2.png

<uses-library android:name="com.sony.device" android:required="true" />
    <uses-library android:name="com.sony.device" android:required="false" />
    Leave file has been decompiled and Take it file name (In list AndroidManifest) from the ROM file that you want to ported from system>framework also take permission framework file (*.xml) from system>etc>permissions

Example :
    com.sonyericsson.navigationbar < it mean jar file, so you should take the file from system/framework

framework files need xml file permissions
    com.sonyericsson.navigationbar.xml file, so you should take the file from system/etc/permissions

Explaination :
    What The different true & false?
    true : the application is required that framework to work
    false : the application is still required that framework but without that framework the application can still work but some feature that need framework files will not work.

This section is not modified the apps, first you can try flash it with Recovery and see its working or not, if not working (FC) you need to see whats wrong in logcat (FATAL ERROR)

Or the problem apps parsing error because your Android Version is lower (e.g apps JB to ICS)

Now you need to decompile that apps

Go to smali folder and search whats wrong in logcat, if you already fix it (I will explain how to fix it in next post)

Then open AndroidManifest.xml try to change minimal sdk version from Android_manifest or in apktool.yml
    Code:
    minSdkVersion: '[COLOR="Red"]16[/COLOR]'
    Change to this number
    Code:
    minSdkVersion: '[COLOR="Red"]14[/COLOR]'
    save all changes
    then recompile, sign and zipalign

NOTE :
    1. Not any apps can be ported to lower Android Version by change minimal sdk
    Analizing app force close and how to fix it

Well in this post i will explain how to fix force close app that you are trying to port
    Typically applications that do not work is because several factors:
    2. Missing *.so files

You should look at AndroidManifest.xml what app needed framework files, see screenshots!
    2SZ4pl2.png

take the file name like on AndroidManifest.xml in system/framework and take xml permissions files from system/etc/permissions

2. Missing *.so files
    This is really confused how to find what app is need *.so files
    The solution is install the app and take a logcat!

The log will say something like this :
    example (can't find class libUXVisualizer blablabla)

then you just search on system/lib for libUXVisualizer.so from the ROM you want to port and take it!

There is many factors that make app force close, but in SONY Apps usually only error "GetString". if you are trying to port SONY Apps to your current ROM (E.g. CM Based ROM) you will face same issue like this.
    lxIbQpz.jpg

What should i do now after i see this log?

Ok let's start!!!
    1. Decompile apps with using file framework-res.apk from that ROM apps (Also maybe need framework 2 like SemcGenericUxpRes.apk etc)
    2. Go to folder smali/com/sonyericsson/metadatacleanup/util/
    3. Open StorageManagerIf.smali using text editor
    - Find .line 262 and see like this!
    tyTiMqL.png

4. Decompile your framework-res.apk
    - Go to folder res/value/
    - Open Public.xml using text editor
    - Following StorageManagerIf.smali in .line 262 there is code look like this
    Code:
    RIGHT?
    - SO Search storage_internal in Public.xml in your framework-res.apk
    EqxeMSF.png

copy the code and change the code look like this!
    Code:

invoke-direct {p0, v1, v2}, Lcom/sonyericsson/metadatacleanup/util/StorageManagerIf;->getString(Landroid/content/res/Resources;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v2, v0}, Ljava/lang/String;->equals(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

move-result v2

Shrink code to
    Code:
    const v2, [COLOR="Red"]0x10405ad[/COLOR]
    So it will look like this
    Code:
     .line 262
        .local v0, "description":Ljava/lang/String;
        const v2, 0x10405ad

In screenshot logcat say there is many error, you should search similar code like before "storage_sdcard" & "storage_usb" and follow changing code guide like before!!! also search in other smali that same error like that.

If you are done, save all change then recompile apk and sign apk

CONGRATZ YOU ARE DONE.
    CREDITS :

Thanks to @Lasan for the trick @ibanez7 for always helping me if i stuck

you are welcome my friend :)

Yeah i will post with all detail later, now just uploaded some screenshots :)

No!!! i'm not developer :D
    Any tutorial for round switches in settings like homani framework
    And xperia u phone book port to tipo ????