[Index/REF] Xperia SL LT26ii (All in one stopage)

What do you think about this POST?

• Yes, Useful

Votes: 81 98.8%
  • NO, Not that much

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

kxpa

Feb 9, 2012
Manizales

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-11-22-13-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-11-22-13-02.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: crazeazn

ashisharia

Apr 13, 2013
Bangalore
i want to buy SL.. I want to buy SP but cant because of price. I wanted to ask does development is good in SL? and how does S Custom ROM work on SL ?

crazeazn

Aug 31, 2012
Houston
i want to buy SL.. I want to buy SP but cant because of price. I wanted to ask does development is good in SL? and how does S Custom ROM work on SL ?

They all seem to work fine more or less (I tried cm9 and championswimmer's version of aokp). That being said, the most glaring difference was the camera/photos I think. The pictures I took from stock 4.0 ICS vs. custom rom didn't seem as great. I recently put on pre-root Doomlord's JB .200 and was amazed by the stability after patiently waiting forever for a stable build of CM 10 which never came. This afternoon I went ahead and went backwards and put the stock .ftf .211 that was posted here and I'm actually shocked by how it seems quicker than doomlord's .200. I don't know if its b/c the rom is finally making up for the appropriate 200mhz more than the xperia S but I'm pleasantly surprised. Whenever I purchase my next phone either I will NOT tinker with it or I'll buy a phone that is fairly common enough to have enough roms for (i.e. S vs. SL). How much is the SPs now? I actually love that form factor (aluminum) + light bar.

Here is an example of a photo with very very impressive detail at 50%, straight from the camera:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7954660/2013-06-04.jpg

:laugh:

p.s. XDA has been a godsend as a resource for the xperia S

d4ncyb3r

Feb 15, 2013
Semarang
Xperia SL Experience

From my experience on Xperia SL, there is to many costum ROM and developer support SL device you can see in Xperia S Android Development and you will get other support from other developer who make costum rom. About using costum ROM for S in SL, I think it ok :good:, because by hardware xperia S and SL similiar, the only different between two of them is clock which xperia SL clock up to 1.7gh but for this problem I can solve with using kernel support overclock to 1.7gh. So the problem is done now. The only problem in Xperia SL is about battery and hot issue, as I know the capacity battery Xperia SL to low only 1750 mAh and when I play game using like tample tun, subway surfer, or other game something like that my device get temperature up to 42-43 celcius :(. But overall Xperia SL it good performance and have nice camera, for futher information about spesifications compare look phone arena. Good luck and make a choose :D

Reactions: ashisharia

rambus212

Jun 10, 2013
I am presently JB 200, downloaded via SUS 10 days ago.

SUS and PCC did not detect JB 211 yet on my phone in India.

Is it safe to use flashtool with the generic LT26ii generic that was given in this thread? The file is LT26ii_6.2.B.0.211_Generic.ftf on google drive.
It should be ok in India?

I have never done any lock/unlock or root/unroot.
I used SUS to update from .55 to 200 and now want to use flashtool from 200 to 211 first time on flashtool.

When using flashtool, what are the settings? I assume wipe - all three are checked. In the Exclude all are unchecked? and No final verification is checked.

I am asking because i saw one screen shot earlier for 200 instruction on flashtool that TA was checked. It has the simlock.ta file. Should it be checked ON or OFF

Thanks in advance for your answers.

xperiauser1221

Jun 2, 2013

Is it safe to use flashtool with the generic LT26ii generic that was given in this thread? The file is LT26ii_6.2.B.0.211_Generic.ftf on google drive.

I used SUS to update from .55 to 200 and now want to use flashtool from 200 to 211 first time on flashtool.

When using flashtool, what are the settings? I assume wipe - all three are checked. In the Exclude all are unchecked? and No final verification is checked.

I am asking because i saw one screen shot earlier for 200 instruction on flashtool that TA was checked. It has the simlock.ta file. Should it be checked ON or OFF

its fine i flashed it in the morning it is better in terms of battery... CAMERA IS STILL GIVES PINK EFFECT ON AUTO...

crazeazn

Aug 31, 2012
Houston

I'm running .211 generic from the file/link that was posted a few posts above us without any problems. I downloaded flashtool and used it without issue. However, I believe your phone's bootloader needs to be unlocked in order for you to use the tool. There is a bootloader unlock tool button within flashtool, but I'm not sure how it works. I believe simlock.ta is just the provider lock, i purchased a non-provider phone so it came unlocked out of the retail box. Someone else may need to chime in.

rambus212

Jun 10, 2013
I'm running .211 generic from the file/link that was posted a few posts above us without any problems. I downloaded flashtool and used it without issue. However, I believe your phone's bootloader needs to be unlocked in order for you to use the tool. There is a bootloader unlock tool button within flashtool, but I'm not sure how it works. I believe simlock.ta is just the provider lock, i purchased a non-provider phone so it came unlocked out of the retail box. Someone else may need to chime in.

Thanks for your reply.
What is a simple way to check if i have a unlocked bootloader?

I am using Airtel service SIM in India. It is not a carrier device, i bought it from retail, put my old SIM card inside and started using on ICS in Jan2013.

Should i check or uncheck the TA - simlock.ta ? that is the question now.
I dont want brick the phone. I backup the entire data before SUS or PCC update, so data is not an issue.
Apps - i will get them back from google play again. If sim settings are lost, its going to be a mess i assume. So being extra careful.
Thanks,

Top Liked Posts