Method to unlock 90fps on games which supports high refresh frame

Search This thread

maple_mak

Mar 3, 2013
Johor Bahru
Hi guys!

I understand some of the people who realised that games which support higher refresh, but OnePlus was capped to 60fps for massive games, this is ridiculous. Before I provide solutions to unlock 90fps, let me share some thoughts about how I discovered that games were capped to 60fps!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.razer.cortex&hl=en just provided new features to able shows FPS, but I discovered that while I playing Dead Trigger 2 with max settings, the phone shows 60fps. PUBG China version able to running with 90fps without stress!

Image below is Dead Trigger 2 which capped 60fps by OnePlus:
MSGp5cC.jpg

Below is PUBG China version:
nnkmjBA.jpg

So I suspected that OnePlus done something for it.

So I tried jOnePlus Tools [adb/root], and Force 90Hz:
l1lURYg.jpg

And... volia! Full video link showing many games finally runs 90fps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIT0yBCPwis
UAXhTZn.jpg

If anyone doesn't trust the video above, you may try the app that I found to Force 90hz for your OnePlus device, witness it for yourself. I understand force 90hz on gaming will cause battery drain, but we have Warp Charge which still retains fast charging speed while gaming, so who cares?

I hope the OnePlus team developer can do something about frame limited issues on massive games.

Credits: jOnePlus Tools [adb/root]
Games list which supports high refresh rate: https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/09/15/android-games-phones-high-frame-rates-90-120fps/

Last edited:
Reactions: stovo06

ngagephone

Jul 24, 2006
Doncaster (Town)
I know this is a old thread but is this still a issue on op7t? Also does this trick actually work or does it just force the screen to stay at 90hz but game still runs at 60?

maple_mak

Mar 3, 2013
Johor Bahru
I know this is a old thread but is this still a issue on op7t? Also does this trick actually work or does it just force the screen to stay at 90hz but game still runs at 60?

This trick works, watch the video from OP.
For stay at 90Hz but game still runs at 60Hz, just change to Auto 90Hz (from jOnePlusTools) or set to 90Hz from Settings App, because that's phone's default settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: ngagephone

ngagephone

Jul 24, 2006
Doncaster (Town)
This trick works, watch the video from OP.
For stay at 90Hz buy game still runs at 60Hz, no need to change anything because the phone's default settings already did it.

Hi thanks for reply... Yeah I don't have the op7t I'm using the X2 Pro so can't use the app.... We have the same issue and was mainly curious to see if game updates or system updates sorted the issue.

ontwykende

Feb 25, 2017
Does you now is there any different from force 90Hz by using ADB command ?
Is this same as this... and what actually is show in phone Settings?

adb shell settings put global oneplus_screen_refresh_rate 0

Can you test both metods? Tnx

Last edited:

umair shaikh

Dec 20, 2012
mumbai
OnePlus 7T
I was able to see the 'force 90hz' and 'refresh rate' option in the 'app' untill i updated to ob2 on my 7t.

Anyway fixes ?

nevermind, fixed it. i was using pixel 4 props and that's why couldn't see the option

Last edited:

khizarhayat11

Apr 25, 2020
Thankyou for the answers love to read the point of views from the different peoples here also

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vtec303

Top Liked Posts