[NEED TESTER] 3D Printable GRILLS (Stock and Custom)

Search This thread

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
Custom and Stock Grills for the Axon 7

Grills.jpg

Replacement grills for the Axon 7. If yours break or you just want to try another design, you can use these!
If you want a specific design, you can tell me and i'll do my best.

These models are UNTESTED - We don't know if they are the right size yet. Please print one and tell me where I need to refine the model!
They might be a few tenths of a millimeter off, but not more than that. my main worry is if the height is right - if someone can test and measure, i'd appreciate it (and fix it if needed)!

The grills are in .STL format, tolerances 0.05mm (You can open them with Win10's 3d file viewer)

View attachment 4432017 DO NOT USE

Last edited:

Spillunke

Dec 2, 2014
Berlin
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Are all these holes needed? I mean the speakers are not this "long" right?

A black one with cutouts only where its necessary would be awesome.

In wish i had a printer :/

Last edited:

eMadman

Sep 7, 2012
With a standard 0.4mm nozzle, the model with all the holes will not be printable on an FDM machine. Maybe with an 0.2mm nozzle but I think the holes will still cause problems.

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
With a standard 0.4mm nozzle, the model with all the holes will not be printable on an FDM machine. Maybe with an 0.2mm nozzle but I think the holes will still cause problems.
As long as the outermost shape is okay, just with having the holes as rough marks to drill them later is enough. That's why I want someone to print and test them, so that I can improve the design until it can be printed and sanded as little as possible.

These models are based on a 1200dpi scan of the grills. They might be smaller or bigger, or the camera hole might be slightly off-center.

Reactions: kitcostantino

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
I cant :( i have no 3d printer and dont know anything about these sketches. I wish i could!

Maybe there is someone who also like my idea and has a printer. I would buy these :)
I mean get a piece of paper and write down your idea. I make the models.

You can send stuff to print and then pay for it. I don't know how expensive that would be but it's known to be a common thing, since people can make custom things like Rubik cubes and get them all printed and ready to assemble. Since these pieces are tiny I guess it wouldn't be very expensive. But I have to test them first and see if the size is right or not

Reactions: Spillunke

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just wow! Love the Idea and it could be awesome to use black Ones with bigger Diamond shaped holes... Wish i could Print some, but i would also mind buying a pair of them...
Black Grills with Black Panel... Mhhhhhh

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
Just wow! Love the Idea and it could be awesome to use black Ones with bigger Diamond shaped holes... Wish i could Print some, but i would also mind buying a pair of them...
Black Grills with Black Panel... Mhhhhhh
Well there are services where you send the file and they print the grills for you and send them... You're on Brazil, right?

Top Liked Posts