Problems removing the Anti-shatter factory installed screen protector. Anyone help ??

Search This thread

unk_damnation

Apr 11, 2013
Ehh, sony is kidding us. Why would they put a BRITTLE plastic sheet if they want it to act as a "shatterproof" film? And I thought to hold a broken glass together we would need a flexible film. :what:

Sony you're getting really weird...

Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers app

implode99

Feb 17, 2008
Man the amount of glue they use its not going anywhere , trust me.

Ehh, sony is kidding us. Why would they put a BRITTLE plastic sheet if they want it to act as a "shatterproof" film? And I thought to hold a broken glass together we would need a flexible film. :what:

Sony you're getting really weird...

Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers app

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
why do I feel more and more tempted to do this myself when I read about it!? :silly:
I would love to have the ZU look like a sleek sony "nexus" kinda phone wihout the logo on the front running CM10.2.. only its hella big and it's a SONY Xperia Z Ultra. And no one ever knows who's sitting next to me on the bus or the train what phone that is Im holding in my hand. :D eh calm down now

Can you post some pictures on the phone how it looks without the anti-shatter film?

Reactions: DIGITALIZOR

mlee1999

Apr 3, 2007
Los Angeles

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378865953793.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378865953793.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 2,965
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378865987714.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378865987714.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 2,992
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378866005336.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378866005336.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 2,861

mlee1999

Apr 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Fancy seeing you here. that sucks Mike

Ha ha. Hey Dan. I like it better without the plastic screen protector and logo on front. I would not recommend undertaking the task unless your Ultra is scratched or has blemishes. Too difficult compared to previous Xperias.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk 4

dc82

Sep 24, 2010
Ha ha. Hey Dan. I like it better without the plastic screen protector and logo on front. I would not recommend undertaking the task unless your Ultra is scratched or has blemishes. Too difficult compared to previous Xperias.

Thanks Sony

gcg000

Apr 25, 2007
I just finished removing that stupid shatter proof film! it took me more than 3 hours. i removed the one on the back too

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

P.S: removing the back shatter proof film is much easier ! no glue or what so ever.

mlee1999

Apr 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I just finished removing that stupid shatter proof film! it took me more than 3 hours. i removed the one on the back too

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

P.S: removing the back shatter proof film is much easier ! no glue or what so ever.

Good to know the back is easier than the front.

The second picture is a naked glass screen? Or have you already applied an anti-glare screen protector there? Seems like an anti-glare is there to me...

No, mine is still naked until I hear about some of the reviews on the tempered glass.

prbdave

Feb 8, 2005
I took the films off my Xperia Z and have run if for 6 months without any protection. No scratches and never regretted it. Once I decide I am not going to on-sell my ZU I will rip the films off it too. Much crisper display and less scratches - the film scratches easy.

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
Just don't drop the soap (ZU) in the shower, guys...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

nichzv7

Sep 12, 2013
best tool for removing?

i've been spending a day using needles and only suceed removing 1/4 of the asf ... any tools recommended ?? :highfive:

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
i've been spending a day using needles and only suceed removing 1/4 of the asf ... any tools recommended ?? :highfive:

Make the screen warm being careful so the adhesive gets soft and sticky.
ONLY if you know what you doing, try CAREfully wet down the edge of the sheet with aceton/nail polish remover. Perhaps it dissolves the glue.

Perhaps a guitar plectrum, butterknife or some tiny knife that don't scratch will help.
Use only plastic tools if you're not sure of what you doing to avoid scratches, otherwhise I would use a scalpel or razorblade.

Last edited:
Reactions: nichzv7

hazmat28

Aug 16, 2013

were the sony, xperia and nfc logos printed on the film as well?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nop, I did not use any product on the screen, only an Apple tissue I got years ago with my laptop. Which I used everyday on my gNote before ...

Still waiting for Sony to answer me ;)

Well, there's your problem. The tissue is a proprietary Apple product. It will detect if it's not an iPhone or iPad, and proceed with destroying your device. This is common knowledge!

Sent from my Z Ultra, using XDA Premium 4
    I used sort of my own method, with the help of this thread, it went well and left no scratches, so thought I would make a small image tutorial, of how I did it. hopefully this helps someone out.
    logo

did the sony logo came off too after removing the shatter proof sheet?

Yes the Logo came off
    Thanks, Please share!

Based on what I read here and my own experience, I've created a how-to...
    it can be found on my blogger site.
    my screen name, dot blogspot.
    Sorry, as a "new" member I still cant post a proper link.
    Perhaps a senior member can repost the link, or direct me as to how to duplicate the content here so as not to navigate away from XDA?

Thanks!