[MOD]Original Galaxy S Boot & shutdown animation

Search This thread

robbbbit

May 13, 2011
South Carolina
hey everyone. I know Krylon adjusted a kernel to KB5 that allows bootanimation.zip and I'm sure we'll see a lot to come here soon, but I'm on KD1 and really was getting tired of the pinks.

This contains a .rar that has the .png's and the .qmg's and everything. It was originally for the I9000. Just the sparkling s. pretty neat, all in all.

1 ) in \System\Media\ - replace bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg. These are the bootup animation screens.

2 ) in \System\Media\Video\Shutdown\ - replace all the .png and a .cfg. These are the shutdown screens.

3 ) in \System\Etc\ - replace PowerOn.wav. This is the bootup sound.

4 ) in \System\Media\Audio\ui\ - replace shutdown.ogg. This is the shutdown sound.

I used Super Manager, but i'm sure root explorer works, too. If you ARE using Super Manager, be sure to enable Root in settings and switch to R/W.

Attachments

• Galaxy_S_Original.rar
    6.7 MB · Views: 6,492
Last edited:

MarkP80nj

Mar 13, 2011
Bayville
I'll be sure to hit that thanks button when I get to my pc.
Been looking for this for a while now.
Worked great !

Sent from my Whitehawks rooted,deodexed, kd1 sgs4g.
With Krylon's CMW b3, fknnfocused' modded status bar and robbit's boot animations.= Awesome!

Reactions: robbbbit

Harhar321

Dec 24, 2009
Goodbye pink and jingley startup and shutdowns! Thanks very much for this. Works flawlessly and no longer embarrassed by the T-Mobile cheesyness every time I reboot!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

poopypoo13

Mar 21, 2009
santa ana
Thank you!

sent from sgs4g running white's kd1, TW 4.0
airfluip! gingerbread theme
fly in and flip animation from animation mod.
CWM 3

badb4lyfe

Dec 28, 2009
hey everyone. I know Krylon adjusted a kernel to KB5 that allows bootanimation.zip and I'm sure we'll see a lot to come here soon, but I'm on KD1 and really was getting tired of the pinks.

This contains a .rar that has the .png's and the .qmg's and everything. It was originally for the I9000. Just the sparkling s. pretty neat, all in all.

1 ) in \System\Media\ - replace bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg. These are the bootup animation screens.

2 ) in \System\Media\Video\Shutdown\ - replace all the .png and a .cfg. These are the shutdown screens.

4 ) in \System\Media\Audio\ui\ - replace shutdown.ogg. This is the shutdown sound.

I used Super Manager, but i'm sure root explorer works, too. If you ARE using Super Manager, be sure to enable Root in settings and switch to R/W.
gr8... worked like a charm +1

dbldown7

Mar 29, 2011
Couldn't overwrite Poweron.wav

When I tried to overwrite the poweron.wav, I got an error stating PASTE FAILURE - that there was not enough disk space to complete the paste operation. The new file(galaxy S) is 862k and the original file (4g) is only 296k. How do I free up extra space?

robbbbit

May 13, 2011
South Carolina
When I tried to overwrite the poweron.wav, I got an error stating PASTE FAILURE - that there was not enough disk space to complete the paste operation. The new file(galaxy S) is 862k and the original file (4g) is only 296k. How do I free up extra space?

Fota fix? are you using r/w? Enable root in super manager (if using)?

dbldown7

Mar 29, 2011
figured it out

When I pushed the shutdown folder into the /system/media/video folder, it didn't overwrite the original folder. So, I had the previous animation .png files AND the new shutdown folder. Anyway, deleted the old stuff (and freed up space) now it works great.
Thanks a million!!! I hated that pink crap!

iDEEkay77

Mar 9, 2011
I decompressed the .rar and deleted & replaced all the files using File Expert as listed in OP but I think I'm missing something. I don't have boot or shutdown sounds. Also I have a new boot animation but an all black shutdown. Phone is operating fine with no force closures. I just wanted to make sure it went through ok. Thanks for the hard work!

theGeeko61@gmail.com

May 17, 2011
Chicago
theGe
Moto Z4
ZTE Zmax Pro
just a technicality...

Robbbbit, thank you very much for this informative post! For the benefit of other noobs, I just want to point out that the "\" should be "/" and the directory names are lowercase.

I was using adb shell to copy the originals onto my sdcard before making the change (you know, just trying to play it safe). And when I typed in "cp /System/Media/Audio/ui/* ." -- I got an error. Then I noticed my problem.

Again, thank you for helping to get rid of the annoying pink-i-ness! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Modified for later gingerbread builds

The bootup animation still works for later gingerbread builds, but they've changed the shutdown animation specs. Instead of a bunch of png files, the shutdown now requires a file called shutdown.qmg and the audio has been changed from shutdown.ogg to PowerOff.wav. They still go in the same folders, though.

shutdown.qmg goes in system\media\video\shutdown
    PowerOff.wav goes in system\media\audio.ui.

Here is a revised bootup - shutdown for Galaxy S, shutdown looks and sounds almost the same. You still have to push the files with root explorer.
    I'll be sure to hit that thanks button when I get to my pc.
    Been looking for this for a while now.
    Worked great !

Sent from my Whitehawks rooted,deodexed, kd1 sgs4g.
    With Krylon's CMW b3, fknnfocused' modded status bar and robbit's boot animations.= Awesome!
    When I use the Explorer App and tried to delete T-Mobile files and copy your files into my Samsung Galaxy S 4G, I received an error message of: "bootsamsungloop.qmg cannot be deleted because the file system is read-only."

When I used the Super Manager app and tried to select "Enable ROOT function", it gave me an error message saying: "The ROOT function in this program is not support your device or system image!"

How do I make these files un-read so that I can delete and replace them with your files?

My phone information under the About Phone area:
    - - Carrier: T-Mobile USA
    - - Phone name: Samsung Galaxy S 4G
    - - Model number: SGH-T959v
    - - Firmware version: 2.2.1
    - - Baseband version: T959VUVKD1
    - - Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
    - - Build number: FROYO.VUVKD1

Please give me some guidance. Thanks.

Doesnt seem that u are rooted.

Well if u were using root explorer u would tap the tab at top of screen to go from r/o read only to r/w read write. There should be an option for that with the app ur using.