Search This thread

esmith972

Mar 17, 2009
I did notice some serious issues with the phone locking up while using g:ceo. I don't know if it's the compass causing the issue, or the program it's self but whatever it is, it loves to lock up while I'm geocaching. :(

jmorse

Dec 20, 2010
Detroit area
For some reason I can't write to the etc folder, nor can I change the permissions. Trying to use ES explorer (as it's free) but am running into a brick wall.
I use ES File Explorer for this and had a problem at first. You need to do 3 things in the settings to make it work.
1. check Root Explorer
2. check Mount File System
3. You have to set the Home Directory to /
Number 3 was the one that got me because if you don't do that you always start in the internal sdcard and for some reason it doesn't let you move up a level. As soon as you do this you can navigate to any location in the file system though. I've been changing my boot logo with it and manually editing my build.prop file. Also did the media_profiles.xml fix. Hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

ok, I saw that some people asked for 1% battery mod for cm9. Here it is:

http://cl.ly/1S1G0e1F3t173A2K3Q0R

it doesn't change any batteries in the status bar, it just adds support for system to show and use 1% battery.
just flash the zip in cwm?

FanBoy_Hunter

Jan 5, 2012
Boulder Co, San Francisco CA
Yup! CWM flashable. He and I are also working on the status bar battery images so we can see that as well.

On page 80 you'll find a list of Bat images for the p990 I've been using them all and they all work and after just flashing this 1% mod they're still working fine for me if that helps or if anybody wants to flash one. Flash in CWM same way.

Reactions: KTT16

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont
On page 80 you'll find a list of Bat images for the p990 I've been using them all and they all work and after just flashing this 1% mod they're still working fine for me if that helps or if anybody wants to flash one. Flash in CWM same way.

Do you have a screenie? I had edited the xml files and just took the battery % images from one of my themes just to test. Once oleg gets it to work then we'll be able to switch out the images for yours and make it flashable.

killersiafu

Oct 3, 2011
Philadelphia
ok, I saw that some people asked for 1% battery mod for cm9. Here it is:

http://cl.ly/1S1G0e1F3t173A2K3Q0R

it doesn't change any batteries in the status bar, it just adds support for system to show and use 1% battery.

Nice thanks! Works great.... I'll have to look into the images for the battery icon but for now it works well with the battery widget I'm using

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

FanBoy_Hunter

Jan 5, 2012
Boulder Co, San Francisco CA
Do you have a screenie? I had edited the xml files and just took the battery % images from one of my themes just to test. Once oleg gets it to work then we'll be able to switch out the images for yours and make it flashable.

There by no means my images, they were found in the g2x forum. They were posted by Andrew.matern.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329755434395.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329755434395.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: KTT16

killersiafu

Oct 3, 2011
Philadelphia
Not to be mean, but please read. That's been answered 3 times already on this very page

I only see 4 posts prior to yours and 2 were by me. A third was a link to the images and the 4th was your post with a screenshot... Not seeing how these were answered 3 times in one page.

I've also searched around the original image posting on page 397 and didn't see a definitive answer.

A simple yes or no would have sufficed instead of being a ****

AKDMA

Oct 10, 2010
I only see 4 posts prior to yours and 2 were by me. A third was a link to the images and the 4th was your post with a screenshot... Not seeing how these were answered 3 times in one page.

I've also searched around the original image posting on page 397 and didn't see a definitive answer.

A simple yes or no would have sufficed instead of being a ****

Maybe try the page the zips were posted. rolleyes

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

killersiafu

Oct 3, 2011
Philadelphia
Maybe try the page the zips were posted. rolleyes

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22483308#post22483308

That's the link where the zips were originally posted and I still don't see the answer.

I know some people may have memorized every single post in the thread and every link to related posts... It just seems ridiculous that instead of a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer you'd take the time to write out a whole sentence saying to look harder just to be difficult.

I've been following this thread for weeks and have read through the same questions over and over (wrong version of cwm, try fixing permissions, make sure you install gapps, etc etc etc). I fully agree that people should make a reasonable effort to search for an answer to their question but in the event that they can't find it... I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to be somewhat helpful.

Reactions: the12nv

AKDMA

Oct 10, 2010
yes, you may also clean dalvik cache and /cache for more clean result.

I use ES File Explorer for this and had a problem at first. You need to do 3 things in the settings to make it work.
1. check Root Explorer
2. check Mount File System
3. You have to set the Home Directory to /
Number 3 was the one that got me because if you don't do that you always start in the internal sdcard and for some reason it doesn't let you move up a level. As soon as you do this you can navigate to any location in the file system though. I've been changing my boot logo with it and manually editing my build.prop file. Also did the media_profiles.xml fix. Hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

just flash the zip in cwm?

Guessing you flash this from within CWM?

Sent from my CM9 Electrify.

Yup! CWM flashable. He and I are also working on the status bar battery images so we can see that as well.

Here you go. I get irritated at forum nazis too, but dude on tapatalk it was one page back (the same as the zips). With my post/page setting it was all on one page, and the questions were asked immediately after he posted the original zip. It's not like you had to dig.

Last edited:

killersiafu

Oct 3, 2011
Philadelphia

Hmm... when I look at those posts... it look like the first two posts you had there were related to modifying the media_profiles.xml for the FFC and panormic camera.

The stuff on one page back was about the 1% battery fix, which to me is different than getting the battery icon images to work. I already have the 1% battery fix in place (as I mentioned above).

I just wasn't sure if implementing the battery icon images followed the same process.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
     **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]** * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken * * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team * * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread.

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom.

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 to the Motorola Photon 4G?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Root the Photon.
    2. Unlock the Bootloader.
    3. Flash the recovery on my site in cwm
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    5. Flash This ROM.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod.
    3. Flash gapps.

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Latest version: check site
    Gapps: Link
    Latest version: check site

Other

New touch based installer at jokersax.com no more confusing wipes or methods of flashing.

Credits:
    joxersax11 -King Kollaborator iservin -Wiki Master cybik xboxfanj turl shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer/calkulin - 5027pre3 Recovery shabbypenguin - AIO Root the2dcour - Unlocked bootloader ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Okay due to the recent changes in cm9 install process I am writing a short guide from my phone. A longer version is planned and will be posted on my site.

If you wipe system you must flash the rom twice. Anyone that has followed long enough remembers the double flashing days till I fixed it. Well its back.

So to update from any cm9 rom with wipe

Factory reset
    Flash rom
    Flash gapps
    Simple.

To update from any cm9 without wiping.

Flash rom
    Flash gapps
    Simpler.

To update from cm7, miui, gingerbread, etc

Wipe system
    Factory reset
    Flash rom
    Flash rom again(notice it takes longer)
    Flash gapps
    Profit

What about dalvik cache?
    Well it sits on data and is checked every boot. If it detects a change it will erase the old cache and rebuild. So if you do a factory reset you erase dalvik cache. If you upgrade versions without a wipe it magically erases dalvik for you.

What about data or cache?
    Factory reset wipes data, cache, and apks installed on any sdcards.

Why should I only wipe system if coming from a non-cm9 based rom?
    Cm9 has install scripts that copy certain noncm parts from system, installs then puts it back. If nothing is there it can't copy. Thus flashing twice.

When do I flash gapps?
    Every single time.

My battery sucks?
    Cm9 handles a lot more open apps then gingerbread. Multitasking is spectacular with ics. However running 70+ apps at once turns your phone into my ex and literally sucks the life out of your battery. This explains why there is such a drastic difference between battery life's with different users. Also keep in mind that we are using a froyo kernel, drivers from 3 different devices and none are ics tegra ap20 based, and this is still beta.

So why do people get an attitude with me?
    Because you don't search or read. I purposely don't hold peoples hand. You must read at least some. There is always a risk with flashing anything custom. The more I baby people the dumber the questions get, however once stable I'll dumb it down to anyones level and tweak it to death. Currently I'm only going for a fully functional cm9. Then comes the fun

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    Already syncing and btw cm10 is already started

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app
    Jellybean lives on our phone, muahahaha

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app
    Look this isn't a stable rom. Its not completed. Currently I'm trying to get sw encoding going for the camcorder. Right now that is causing the camera to run sluggish. Oc and you'll be fine in landscape. Camera does work. You people do realize we have no ics kernel or drivers? The fact that it works at all is pretty good considering how many devices out there don't have ics at all much less have camera.

When I get time I'll make some revert flashables for people that don't like new test builds. I don't want 500000000 posts of flash this revert to get cm9 working. If you need what that revert has fine just don't direct everyone to only do it your way.

This is a beta development project. I will be experimenting and breaking perfectly good stuff to find better setups. By the time I'm done cm9 will be close to perfect.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA