KIES Update LB1

Search This thread

rossygnol

Jun 10, 2007
Manchester
Just saw it, haven't updated yet will let you guys know.

Germany Note

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

rossygnol

Jun 10, 2007
Manchester
uploadfromtaptalk1329789554872.jpg

carlitos66

Dec 19, 2010
Updated in US via Kies, no problems. I don't see that anything major changed. Anybody see something?

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth
In Aus, downloading the latest Kies... then the Phone update should show.. as I too have a DBT German model.

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth
anyone know what it does?

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

Update done and seems a bit snappier, but that could be confirmation bias :p

rodjordan

Dec 5, 2008
Updated from la4 via mobile odin. All went fine. Kept root as expected. Snappy

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

friedje

Oct 29, 2006
Chartres
Instead of relying on some Einstein to arise, you could have used keeproot from supercurio in the market.....Or just spend some pennies on mobile odin pro...

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth
Instead of relying on some Einstein to arise, you could have used keeproot from supercurio in the market.....Or just spend some pennies on mobile odin pro...

heh, I'm not really fussed.
I will only need root when I decide ICS is stable enough to use and then I'll downgrade first and apply root if I have to.

BTW I have bough Mobile Odin Pro. I just haven't used it since I lost root on my last update.
I don't really miss root anyway...

j_tag

Jan 20, 2012
porvoo
new update via KIES

OK got the new update via kies, OTA didnt work for me..
live in finland and had the stock german la4 (dbt) installed.

Now on LB1
no major changes in this version in my opinion..
got somekind of freeapp website preinstalled.. useless
maybe a little faster, the gallery for sure is loading alot faster for me
also contact list scrolling seems faster and doesnt lag
benchmark showed a average of 4000 same as on LA4
browser is also faster and doesnt lag on pages as it has done on la4

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
Is it available for download and update via computer based odin as i dont wanna root am on xeu unlocked uk version white note and updated to la4 via kies as samsung cant be bothered pushing out to uk. ...

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it possible to upgrade to this on unrooted kka xeu UK? Not really interested in root.

In other words do you have to be rooted to use pc odin? Or can my unrooted stock make the upgrade ok?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

You don't have to be rooted. You can flash any stock firmware using PC Odin. It's a non-wipe ROM, so you won't lose data, but you may end up with a CSC code mismatch, which would prevent future OTA/Kies firmware updates unless you change the CSC code after you flash the new firmware. Changing the CSC code will factory reset your device.

You don't have to change the CSC code - you can always just flash new stock firmwares as they become available here or at sammobiles.com.
    Is it possible to upgrade to this on unrooted kka xeu UK? Not really interested in root.

In other words do you have to be rooted to use pc odin? Or can my unrooted stock make the upgrade ok?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

You don't need root to flash a stock ROM using odin.
    thanks for your reply, I'm downloading the update now and will flash soon.

if for example I ever wanted to go back to ota/kies updates (for example, when ics comes with xeu), could I just flash an older xeu csc rom and get all the updates OTA because my handset is xeu?

Yes - you could do that. You can flash any stock firmware using PC Odin.
    p51,
    You must be currently rooted? Are you going to update to LB1? dwboston says it looks good. I believe we all have DBT IV GNotes.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

dwboston,

Still running well? Do you recommend this update? I am still on LA4 and it is fine but looking at the comments, this looks like a good update.

Thanks!

Still running fine. The device is definitely faster and more responsive. So far it's much better than the LA4 ROM for me.
    Some changes that i 've noticed.

Not sure if these where in LA4 as well, but here it goes.

1) Pressing and holding on text (not links with text) in stock web browser brings up a square magnifying glass.

2) Lower right corner is much more responsive ( i remember reading a thread where few people complained about it )

3) Don't know how to describe this, but with LA4, during scrolling in any direction using the stock browser, if you kept your hand still, you could notice that it wasn't recognized properly and you could see the page moving (few pixels at a time). Well, thats gone too.

4) Checkerboards in browser are close to zero, even without having the page fully loaded.

If i notice anything else, will edit my post accordingly. Cheers :)