try

Code:
C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\platform-tools>[B]adb devices[/B]
adb server is out of date.  killing...
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
017100d21d502ac7        device

this helped me...

You can swap out the adb.exe from the android SDK and put it in the ShareKM folder, taking out the old one. This will permanently solve your issue.

Reactions: Rajnus

relima

Jan 24, 2012
Broken with 4.4.2

I have just tested Sharekm with kitkat 4.4.2, but it seems completely broken.

By updating Adb.exe, I can get it to connect, but it doesnt do anything. I dont even get the invisible mouse problem, as mouse movement is never really streamed to my android device.

It is a shame, because there is really no alternative software as fast and reliable in transmitting mouse and keyboard movements through usb to my android device. All of the other alternatives rely on vnc/rdp which are very slow, and not really aimed at turning my android device on a second screen to my computer.

MuWu

Dec 4, 2012
Zagreb
agreed!! there is no similoar app with same responsivness whatsoever...too bad no one takes care for sharekm anymore... :( :mad:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
I kinda want to keep this thread going. Being able to control my phone with a mouse connected to my desktop is great. It only works for my Note 3 not my Note 2 unfortunately.. Any other app that does this exact thing? Not a app that mirrors but allows your mouse and keyboard to control both your phone and desktop at the same time. Or any suggestions on how to get my Note 2 working. Strange that my note 3 will work but not my note 2.

SchecterRocker

Dec 5, 2010
I kinda want to keep this thread going. Being able to control my phone with a mouse connected to my desktop is great. It only works for my Note 3 not my Note 2 unfortunately.. Any other app that does this exact thing? Not a app that mirrors but allows your mouse and keyboard to control both your phone and desktop at the same time. Or any suggestions on how to get my Note 2 working. Strange that my note 3 will work but not my note 2.

I completely agree with keeping this thread going. Not many days go by that I don't miss ShareKM. Check out my post above for a Synergy workaround (definitely doesn't replace ShareKM).

I'm perplexed that your Note 3 works though. I'm in the exact opposite scenario: my AT&T Note 2 works with ShareKM (on 4.2 and lower) but my AT&T Note 3 never worked (because it's on 4.3). Every thread I've read indicates that 4.3 breaks ShareKM, because for some reason 4.3 doesn't let ShareKM see root. Also, when I upgraded my Note 2 to 4.3, it broke ShareKM. The only way to get it going on the Note 2 (in my experience) is downgrading to 4.2 so that ShareKM can see root.

If you have any hints on getting ShareKM going on the Note 3, please let me know. I beg.

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
I completely agree with keeping this thread going. Not many days go by that I don't miss ShareKM. Check out my post above for a Synergy workaround (definitely doesn't replace ShareKM).

I'm perplexed that your Note 3 works though. I'm in the exact opposite scenario: my AT&T Note 2 works with ShareKM (on 4.2 and lower) but my AT&T Note 3 never worked (because it's on 4.3). Every thread I've read indicates that 4.3 breaks ShareKM, because for some reason 4.3 doesn't let ShareKM see root. Also, when I upgraded my Note 2 to 4.3, it broke ShareKM. The only way to get it going on the Note 2 (in my experience) is downgrading to 4.2 so that ShareKM can see root.

If you have any hints on getting ShareKM going on the Note 3, please let me know. I beg.

Im using Jellybomb by Josh Beach as my Rom for my sprint note 3... I will root my Note 2 again and put one of his roms on the Note 2 and see what happens. It may just be a issue with stock roms. Or something he is adding is giving that app the fuctionality needed to work.

11wallace11

Oct 17, 2012
POCO M3
I used to use Share KM regularly on my Xperia TL with Android 4.1.2.
I recently upgraded to Nexus 5 and like some of you guys, I really miss this app, especially as there's no eligible replacement whatsoever.
It's an idea that I've been playing with lately: how about taking advantage of Xposed framework capabilities and build a module that fixes this app on devices with Android 4.3 and up?
Unfortunately, I'm just a web developer with no experience in developing for Android, but I'm more than willing to help anyone who's planning to take on this idea!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SchecterRocker

Dec 5, 2010
Im using Jellybomb by Josh Beach as my Rom for my sprint note 3... I will root my Note 2 again and put one of his roms on the Note 2 and see what happens. It may just be a issue with stock roms. Or something he is adding is giving that app the fuctionality needed to work.

Good call. If by chance the developer is adding something in that makes ShareKM work, then it would be nice to have that in an Xposed module as described below:

I used to use Share KM regularly on my Xperia TL with Android 4.1.2.
I recently upgraded to Nexus 5 and like some of you guys, I really miss this app, especially as there's no eligible replacement whatsoever.
It's an idea that I've been playing with lately: how about taking advantage of Xposed framework capabilities and build a module that fixes this app on devices with Android 4.3 and up?
Unfortunately, I'm just a web developer with no experience in developing for Android, but I'm more than willing to help anyone who's planning to take on this idea!

We might be on to something :highfive: Of course, this is based on the off-chance that the developer fixed ShareKM in Jellybomb on your Note 3. Hmm.

relima

Jan 24, 2012
Got sharekm to work on S4 4.2.2 AOSP rom

I am glad to report that I finally got it to work on my 4.4.2 Kitkat Samsung Galaxy S4 after I switched AWAY from a TW based rom to a AOSP build. More specifically, sharekm was not functional on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2253528 but was fully functional on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2557353

It is now clear to me that TW roms (samsung roms) have something in them that breaks sharekm compatibility.

rschaffer

Jan 31, 2014
Make it roll

This app can make serious money... If it charged like 5 bucks and worked nicely, millions of people would be happy to pay for it... Including myself.
So why the hell is it dead for almost a year??

MuWu

Dec 4, 2012
Zagreb
This app can make serious money... If it charged like 5 bucks and worked nicely, millions of people would be happy to pay for it... Including myself.
So why the hell is it dead for almost a year??

agreed and also I would pay 5 bucks for that kind of performance i had with 4.1.2. and shareKM...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

11wallace11

Oct 17, 2012
POCO M3
I am glad to report that I finally got it to work on my 4.4.2 Kitkat Samsung Galaxy S4 after I switched AWAY from a TW based rom to a AOSP build. More specifically, sharekm was not functional on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2253528 but was fully functional on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2557353

It is now clear to me that TW roms (samsung roms) have something in them that breaks sharekm compatibility.

What you're saying now is totally weird, as I'm trying to run it on a STOCK(!) Nexus 5, and getting the invisible cursor bug, yet you're trying it on AOSP Rom and it works perfectly.
I can only assume that the rendering of the cursor was removed on the stock manufacturer's rom, but not from the original AOSP tree. In order to find it, we'll have to ask a developer with a lot of experience with AOSP code.

Plus, this is not the only problem. I already found out that this app is incompatible with Xposed framework (Which I can't stop using), and also doesn't work with any SuperSu above version 1.80. (Here's a link to v1.80 to flash via recovery - from now on you have to ignore updates from Play Store).

To sum up, there are 3 critical bugs in the latest version of this app:
1. Invisible mouse on Stock 4.3+ roms. (works fine on AOSP roms)
2. Incompatibility with Xposed framework.
3. Wifi/Bluetooth don't work with SuperSu versions above 1.80.

MuWu

Dec 4, 2012
Zagreb
What you're saying now is totally weird, as I'm trying to run it on a STOCK(!) Nexus 5, and getting the invisible cursor bug, yet you're trying it on AOSP Rom and it works perfectly.
I can only assume that the rendering of the cursor was removed on the stock manufacturer's rom, but not from the original AOSP tree. In order to find it, we'll have to ask a developer with a lot of experience with AOSP code.

Plus, this is not the only problem. I already found out that this app is incompatible with Xposed framework (Which I can't stop using), and also doesn't work with any SuperSu above version 1.80. (Here's a link to v1.80 to flash via recovery - from now on you have to ignore updates from Play Store).

thx for the info... maybe ill try flashing 1.8 !

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

relima

Jan 24, 2012

I do not fully agree with 02. I have xposed framework installed, with many, many modules up and running.. So I dont think it is always incompatible with sharekm. I do agree with 03, as I do not have bluetooth and wifi available with my AOSP rom.

11wallace11

Oct 17, 2012
POCO M3
I do not fully agree with 02. I have xposed framework installed, with many, many modules up and running.. So I dont think it is always incompatible with sharekm. I do agree with 03, as I do not have bluetooth and wifi available with my AOSP rom.

Are you telling me that you never got this message ( https://www.dropbox.com/sc/xin6dsu2t8504md/JOZ9_guTui) upon connecting?
Are you running 4.4?

Maybe I should've been clearer on 2: incompatibility with Xposed on 4.3+ (It worked just fine on my Xperia TL running 4.1.2 with Xposed).

11wallace11

Oct 17, 2012
POCO M3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to get rid of the date check, the app is working again.

For Android 4.4 (4.3?):
    The bug, that root access is not detected, is also fixed. Wifi is working again. Bluetooth is also reenabled, but I did not try.
    thanks for this solution, it works

and i also will use model from xposed named "per app hack" to make sure the time will be same for this app :) , i didn't know if it would work but no harm in trying :D

i will do it now and see what happen tomorrow ;)

This worked!!!!!!!
    Link: [I cannot post outside links yet; but Google "xposed per app"]

1. Your phone has to be rooted
    2. Install the xposed framework
    3. Activate the framework and reboot
    4. Install the "per-app" module for xposed
    5. Activate the module and reboot
    6. Open the per-app program, select ShareKM, and set the "Time Machine" to "2014-03-30 12:00"
    7. Reboot

Thanks os_shaheen!
    This is one of the best keyboard and mouse sharing apps Ive used. If you use your N7 near your PC a lot, this is for you.

https://sites.google.com/site/droidskm/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liveov.skm
    I have the same problem...
    I unistall and install 2 times, but the same message "ShareKM beta 1 expired. Do you want to update?"

Earlier, I tried it on my Tab 2, now I just tried it on my Note 2, and same results. :(

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Until a better workaround if found, you can do this to make it work:

1. Make sure Android device is unplugged from PC and the ShareKM app is killed on the Android device. (if you don't do this, the app will continue to cycle the update beta message)
    2. Go into your android device settings and manually set the date to 03/30/2014.
    3. Do the normal steps to connect (for me, it's fire off the ADB commands, start the PC Share KM application, and connect the PC to the Android device via USB)
    4. Once connected via ShareKVM, you can go into your system settings and set the date to auto detect.
    manually set the time to 3/30/2014, start the app, make the PC to Android connection, then reset the date to the correct date (or set it to autoset) and it'll work.

Note: You'll have to repeat these steps every time to disconnect/reconnect your device. I use this to connect my tablet to my laptop at work so I only have to connect once a day so it's not too big of a deal - just a little annoying. But it works...for now.
    Okay, it is now working on android L with a cursor on my nexus devices as well as CM12. :D
    I basically had to overhaul the dl.smali class so that it would use the android.view.SurfaceController class rather than the android.view.Surface class to create the drawable layer, then added a couple method calls from android.view.Surface to clone that into a Surface object we could manipulate.

Would have been a lot faster, but no java source = programming in smali. ;P