[APP]Root My Ouya (root without PC) (8/11/2013)

Search This thread

WonderEkin

Jul 7, 2007
Hi, this is a one click root apk using Android "Master Key" exploit, enjoy.

attachment.php

Download:
Google Drive: RootMyOuya.1.1.apk
Dev-Host: RootMyOuya.1.1.apk

Steps:
  1. Sideload the apk
  2. Click "Start Root"
  3. Wait few seconds, done.

Changelog:
Ver 1.1
Change: Change some wordings
Change: App icon - Thanks @hakarune

Ver 1.0
Initial release

Please see my other project
Mod Collection For Ouya(Play Store, OTA root keeper, Disable Auto Update, Overscan Fix & 720p)

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 163,017
  • RootMyOuya.1.1.apk
    4.8 MB · Views: 28,881
Last edited:

NssOne

Aug 28, 2010
I was wondering how soon this day would come. I'm glad to see it is here.I'm already rooted but I'll make sure to try it after the next update.

afrome

Jun 23, 2009
This is great I factory reset my Ouya and I have been having a hard time re installing the recovery and re-rooting my device will try this when i get home thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2010
My Micro USB port failed a while back and I'm still waiting for my replacement console from Ouya. I hope this gives me a way to get around the problem and enable wireless adb from the console. Can't wait to try it out tonight.

UPDATE: Totally worked. Now I have ADB again! Thanks a ton!

Last edited:

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
you can adb wirelessly(without usb cable) if you enable the adb tcpip mode

How do, I do that. I a noob with adb. I have it on my pc but it was used only as a test to see if I get it to recognize my tablets and phone. The only way I have installed CWM was generally by going into apx mode (similar to fastboot I think)and using a win.bat file. I could then watch on the tablet as every thing was installed.
Now that it's rooted could I use Rom Manager the only thing being I do not know which device to tell it I am installing CWM on.
BTW, i have install busybox. I used the busybox from my Asus TF700 which has the exact same tegra cpu and gpu, not sure how important that info is.

Last edited:

everal

Sep 25, 2008
thanks for this great work from germany (rooting ouya with masterkey-exploit)
will test the new root.apk tonight...

questions:
does this masterkey exploit fixed in android 4.3 on nexus-devices?

very very thanks...

Last edited:

manaurys

Mar 27, 2011
Hi does this just root the ouya what about super user and busybox do i need to install separately it comes with the app when you root the ouya

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Hi does this just root the ouya what about super user and busybox do i need to install separately it comes with the app when you root the ouya

I used it yesterday and it installed superuser and I had to install busybox. I used dropbox to put jrummy's busybox installer apk on Ouya and then installed busybox. You will see a limited Rom Manager after install and it reminded me that you can use Rom Manager to flash CWM recovery but you need to know which device you are installing it on and Ouya is not listed as a compatible device. However, it does have Asus Transformer Infinity which I have owned for 8 months so I know a little about it. The Asus uses the same Nvidia T33 cpu and mali 400 gpu as Ouya. So I suppose some adventurous more knowledgeable person than me can try selecting the Asus Transformer Infinity when using Rom Manager and see if it will install CWM recovery. If someone does try please post back with the results.

KeylanHalfdan

Jun 9, 2012
Works like a charm. Used this to root my Ouya today. Afterwards installed busybox, and used the xposed mod for the play store. My Ouya is getting better and better bit by bit.

Thank you!

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: brambles1234

Top Liked Posts