[Q] Galaxy S-IV (S4) confirmation for AptX audio

Search This thread

HyperEscape

Apr 13, 2011
Hello,

As the title says , is there anyone who can please guide me for the following queries :

1. Does international Samsung Galaxy S-IV supports AptX audio compression for bluetooth audio streaming. I am a bit confused, although it is listed on the AptX website as a complaint device smartphone, some other places list only Galaxy S-IV Active as the complaint device. Would be nice to know which model variants of S4 support the aptx.

2. Would be nice to know about how to confirm that it supports Bluetooth audio aptX (any terminal or ADB command ? ), will this command even output the presence of aptX , even if the mobile is not paired to an aptX complaint device and actively streaming the audio. I am asking since I dont have an AptX enables bluetooth headphone or speaker at the moment, although I am researching prior to buying one.

3. If connected to an aptX complaint device , do we have to use the stock android ROM Music or Media player to get the benefit of aptX audio streaming. Or we can use any media player of our choice (like MX Player, Wondershare or even the ported Sony Walkman App) while running the stock ROM. I am running the stock WanamLite ROM 4.2.2 and prefer the ported sony walkman app for listening to music.

Would really appreciate the feedback and opinions for the queries, which are not only for me, but would help the community at large.

Thanks for your support.

HyperEscape

Apr 13, 2011
So many views and not a single guru to advise and answer....surprising at the least....

Keeping the fingers crossed....

Pending my decision to buy aptx enabled Bluetooth headphones...till the queries are answered....hope these may help a lot of others like me.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

ray0787

Jan 17, 2010
Same doubt

I hace the same doubt in my case I do hace an aptx enabled headphones but I dont know if the feature is being used :confused:

calinormy

Jul 18, 2008
I used S4 with an car adapter from htc and if i remember well the color from the led was different for the aptx/nonaptx. From what i know/remeber S4 has aptx.