[HOWTO] Alternate Unbricking Method

Search This thread

khanhdaojtk

Sep 2, 2014
Hi friend,
I have a kindle hdx with fire os 13.3.2.5
I already rooted and installed safe trap
I already back up rom stock and flash your rom thor gapps 13.3.2.4 on rom slot
But when it go to first screen, it stop and reboot. And bootlop but can access safe trap.
I restore back up but similar can't boot.
I think i must flash rom stock 13.3.2.5 but i don't have zip file. Can you extract it ? please help. Thank. I hope your reply.

Ali Ejea Mc

Sep 14, 2014
I went ahead and added another command to the OP that may/may not help. It couldn't possibly cause any harm, though. Has anyone actually tried and confirmed this to be working?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yes I have tried this and It worked... Good work bro! ;)

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

I went ahead and added another command to the OP that may/may not help. It couldn't possibly cause any harm, though. Has anyone actually tried and confirmed this to be working?

adb push "bin" to sdcard can work,but after reboot recovery,
only show on screen like this:

Kindle Fire System Recovery
Your Kindle doesn't seem to be able to boot.
Reseting your device to Factory defaults may
help you to fix this issue.

Volume up/down to move highlight;
power button to select.
------------------------------------
Reboot your Kindle
Reset to Factory Defaults
-------------------------------------

Do not give "ADB Reboot Recovery" command if you have Safestrap Recovery installed on your device... after giving this command "ADB push Update.bin /SDcard/Cache...." type "ADB Reboot" and enter... now goto Safestrap Recovery (TWRP) and tap on Install, then go to Cache Folder and select KindleUpdate.bin and then Swipe to Confirm Flash... thats it ;)

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Are you sure you have root?

When I gave "Su" command it said Not Found... but yeah my device was rooted using TowelRoot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This unbricking method requires that you have adb working and have root access.

First, download the latest system update for your device.
    For the 7" HDX, they are posted at
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201357190.
    For the 8.9" HDX, they are posted at
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201357220.

Now, please note that I DO NOT have a Kindle Fire HDX, so if this doesn't work, let me know and I will remove it immediately.

Try these commands:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /cache
    mkdir /cache/recovery
    echo install /cache/kindleupdate.bin > /cache/recovery/openrecoveryscript
    chmod 0777 /cache/recovery/openrecoveryscript
    exit
    exit
    adb push your-downloaded-update.bin /cache/kindleupdate.bin
    adb reboot recovery

The only thing that you have to do is replace "your-downloaded-update.bin" with the path to your downloaded update. (To make it easier and avoid typos, I always just drag and drop the file into the terminal/command prompt window.)

Please also note that IT IS OKAY if the command "mkdir /cache/recovery" fails, as long as the error message says file already exists or something along those lines.

If this helped you repair your beloved HDX, feel free to hit that "Thanks" button.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Not really. Not nearly as useful as the KFHD's. No useful commands work.

And did this help you unbrick your device?

Nope. Ended up wasting half a weekend on it.

I just sent it back and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab. Now I have GPS and IR in addition to a device that works like a Droid device should.

When I try this, I send adb reboot recovery, the device restarts but says it failed to boot, and gives the options: "reset to factory defaults" or reboot. Is this different than factory reset or is it the same as factory reset. I know we aren't supposed to do a factory reset right?

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

I just realized that it failed to copy the update .bin file. After a long time it said failed to copy file: Permission denied
    Are you sure you have root?
    so then:

adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /cache
    mkdir /cache/recovery
    echo install /sdcard/kindleupdate.bin > /cache/recovery/openrecoveryscript
    exit
    exit
    adb push your-downloaded-update.bin /sdcard/kindleupdate.bin
    adb reboot recovery
    Yes. Try that.
    EDIT: Wait. It'll probably say permission denied or some other lame error, so add
    mount -o rw,remount /data
    After the cache remount then change everything that references "/sdcard/" to "/data/media/0/". :)