Parrot Asteroid

2,471 posts
Thanks Meter: 237

By AndyCr15, Senior Member on 19th January 2011, 02:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2013, 05:14 PM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Yep, I agree 100%. They can keep 4.x, all I really want is to be able to search for BT devices and pair them.
18th March 2013, 05:19 PM |#222  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav_za

Yep, I agree 100%. They can keep 4.x, all I really want is to be able to search for BT devices and pair them.

You can use Btoolkit to search and pair devices.. but for items like the ELM OBD2 readers it tried 0000 as pair code only, so if your device uses something else, no pair. Sucks. I hope they change that as well. Or someone finds a bluetooth app that supports changing the attempted pair code.
18th March 2013, 05:22 PM |#223  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crater

You can use Btoolkit to search and pair devices.. but for items like the ELM OBD2 readers it tried 0000 as pair code only, so if your device uses something else, no pair. Sucks. I hope they change that as well. Or someone finds a bluetooth app that supports changing the attempted pair code.

Yep, that is the problem - I've posted a Youtube video of Torque running on my Asteroid a while ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwXyrxHbuNs

but that was using a friend's old ELM327. Tried a different ELM with passcode 1234 and it wouldn't allow me to input a passcode.

I have contacted Btoolkit support, they said they would look into it.
21st March 2013, 01:12 PM |#224  
Flag Esplugues de Llobregat
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Link in post #157 doesn't work. The file is corrupted.
Could anyone post another working link?
Thx
21st March 2013, 02:33 PM |#225  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
http://dfiles.eu/files/zcxipy0ai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahg

Link in post #157 doesn't work. The file is corrupted.
Could anyone post another working link?
Thx

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Fellas, Waze started working on my Classic, on last Sunday, I think. I haven't done anything to it, not even a reinstall. Which is fishy - either Waze changed something on their login server, or Parrot did, on their server, which would mean the client logs in to Waze through Parrot. No idea.

Anyway, I'm not really complaining, since it works and it's free.
The Following User Says Thank You to esziszi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift esziszi Ad-Free
25th March 2013, 06:47 PM |#226  
Flag Forlì
Thanks Meter: 34

More
R: Parrot Asteroid
Navigon crash on 2.0 beta

Send from my i9300 Marble White powered by XDA with Tapatalk²
25th March 2013, 08:44 PM |#227  

More
It did not crash for me. I used it twice on 2.0, both times for an hour or so, while driving. I installed it in exactly the same way as for firmware 1.6.1.

Check your SD card; my various mobile software crashes were 95% because of card failure, full or partial.

PS: Unfortunately, with every Navigon reinstall on the Asteroid, I had to rebuild my personal POI list by hand. If you know how to back up and restore the POIs, please tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s00000000000ka

Navigon crash on 2.0 beta

Send from my i9300 Marble White powered by XDA with Tapatalk²

The Following User Says Thank You to esziszi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift esziszi Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 11:24 PM |#228  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Is it possible to let the display/button brightness change on time or by turning the lights on?
28th March 2013, 11:22 AM |#229  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Found out that Pressing the Parrot button and rotating the knob results in switching between day/night brightness settings
28th March 2013, 01:12 PM |#230  

More
On my Classic, you just have to long-press the Parrot button for day/night illumination, no rotating involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzur Urden

Found out that Pressing the Parrot button and rotating the knob results in switching between day/night brightness settings

29th March 2013, 03:40 PM |#231  
Flag Warrington

More
Parrot dead after upgrade
I installed this firmware last night, everything went ok. Scanned for stations on radio, went through the different menus, no problem. Switch off the ignition, radio switches off etc.

I started my car this morning, nothing!! Display stays black and there seems to be no life in the device whatsoever.......

Resetting it with the small reset button does nothing, disconnecting it from power ditto, is there a way to load the old firmware?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)