Looking for a case

Search This thread

maltloaf

Feb 6, 2004
Hereford
Hi guys,

I'm a new Vega user and it came supplied with a neoprene sleeve which is fine as a stop gap but I'm now needing something a bit more substantial.

I'm after a case that the vega stays in permanently but it must have 2 key features.

1) Stiff front to protect the screen when the case is closed and the tablet is in my rucksack

2) double up as a stand in landscape mode

Cheaper the better as my budget is tight, so not expecting anything too remarkable.

I've trawled eBay but none I've seen mention both of the above, so I thought I'd ask here for people's opinions on what they have in daily use.

Links to stores in the uk or eBay uk appreciated, but not essential, as long as I know what I'm looking for.

Cheers,

Malty

Last edited:
I would NOT use that eBay seller, personally, for 2 reasons.

Firstly, they describe the case as "leather", when it obviously isn't. If they will lie about that, what else will they lie about?

Secondly, their negative and neutral feedback suggests that they are not especially nice people to deal with.

Last edited:

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
The best case to meet your 2 criteria would be the official folio case. It offers the protection you require, only problem is it is not the cheapest case. But in the end you get what you pay for. Totally happy with mine, keep the vega in it all the time.

Reactions: maltloaf

maltloaf

Feb 6, 2004
Hereford
I don't mind paying if it's right.

Can that one be used as a landscape stand? I've seen it mentioned but never seen a picture of it as such.

Cheers,

Malty

maltloaf

Feb 6, 2004
Hereford
I saw that pic (I presume the one in your first post) but wasn't sure how it was held in place.

Is the case locked in that position somehow or is it just held by friction on the desktop ?

cheers,

malty

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
It is held by friction. My case is a little lose, but a friend of mine has one which is a nice snug fit. Mine was not bad enough to warrant the trip back to currys. You could always take your vega with you and try before you buy.

maltloaf

Feb 6, 2004
Hereford
It is held by friction. My case is a little lose, but a friend of mine has one which is a nice snug fit. Mine was not bad enough to warrant the trip back to currys. You could always take your vega with you and try before you buy.

sadly they don't have any stock at my local currys or pcworld. They also have no vega's in stock but they do have one on display

Oh and I didn't mean what keeps the tablet inside the case, I meant what keeps the case upright in landscape mode ?

Last edited:

bpye

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Did anyone notice the official Folio case got pulled from pc world? Do you think the TF101 cases would work? The dimensions are very similar, the vega is about .6mm deeper, 4mm wider and 4mm taller.

Last edited:

lareeth

Apr 30, 2010
England
I bought this case for my Vega
ebay.co.uk/itm/250877574917?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Its cheap and it works, the inner that holds the Vega can be rotated round so it can be either horizontal or vertical, it has 3 slits at the bottom so you can fold it into a stand and choose what angle you want it held.

It also comes with (another) microsd to sd card, a stylus, a cleaning cloth and a single screen protector.

I have been impressed with it so far and for £13 its a steal.

bpye

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
I think im gonna get a custom case made. I'll probly use felt, real leather costs loads!

tomh235

Dec 2, 2010
I bought this case for my Vega
ebay.co.uk/itm/250877574917?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Its cheap and it works, the inner that holds the Vega can be rotated round so it can be either horizontal or vertical, it has 3 slits at the bottom so you can fold it into a stand and choose what angle you want it held.

It also comes with (another) microsd to sd card, a stylus, a cleaning cloth and a single screen protector.

I have been impressed with it so far and for £13 its a steal.

I have been looking at this and similar cases on ebay but want to know a few things first.
1. Is the case specifically for the vega or is it generic eg, are ports accessible and is the fit right, or is it a bit off?
2. Is the tablet secure, will it fall out?
3. How much bulk does the case add?

Thanks, my vega should be coming in a few days, does it come with a case or sleeve already, I don't want to pre order something unnecessary.

Cheers everyone!

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

foxguard

Jul 14, 2011
Suffolk
www.fox-guard.co.uk
I have been looking at this and similar cases on ebay but want to know a few things first.
1. Is the case specifically for the vega or is it generic eg, are ports accessible and is the fit right, or is it a bit off?
2. Is the tablet secure, will it fall out?
3. How much bulk does the case add?

Thanks, my vega should be coming in a few days, does it come with a case or sleeve already, I don't want to pre order something unnecessary.

Cheers everyone!

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Nope, no case or sleeve Inc.

missbizzylizzy

Apr 30, 2008
Telford & Wrekin
I bought one from ebay. It's item number 320710547405 and the 'title' is "Foldable leather Case Fits 10.1" Advent Vega Tablet -UK." It came with a free screen protector but I haven't really used it since the case protects it so well.

I was really impressed with the case because it's quite sturdy and the foldable bit at the back (see photos on the item description) is really handy. Also, all the cables, etc. fit in very nicely. Overall, it was a real bargain, especially considering the ones at PC World were majorly overpriced.

Good luck and enjoy your Vega! :)

Ooops....forgot to say that it does add a bit of bulk to the tablet but to be honest, the tablet had a few close calls before I got the case that I was grateful for the extra 'bulk.' It's not a major amount of bulk though!

Last edited:

loui1986

Oct 16, 2011
Basildon, Essex
The best case to meet your 2 criteria would be the official folio case. It offers the protection you require, only problem is it is not the cheapest case. But in the end you get what you pay for. Totally happy with mine, keep the vega in it all the time.

I have the official advent vega folio case and it does not come with a hard front-screen which was part of the criteria mentioned...

I'm still looking for a portraid folio case with a protective screen cover, so that I can also pop the vega into my attachet folder, hope you find what you are looking for

tattoo_gaz

Aug 15, 2006
Beeliar, WA
I have the official advent vega folio case and it does not come with a hard front-screen which was part of the criteria mentioned...

I'm still looking for a portraid folio case with a protective screen cover, so that I can also pop the vega into my attachet folder, hope you find what you are looking for

When did you buy your case bud? I got mine in around February when I got my vega and mine has definately got a hard front cover (It lives permanently in its folio case in my rucksack and when I take it out from time to time its still like brand new)

I will make a short video of it at lunch time when the office is quieter lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.