The Inspire was such a terrible phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tribestros

Nov 8, 2010
Denton, TX
That I'm now buying an iPhone 5. I was an original iPhone guy, but went when they went glass to the Aria...then the Inspire...and the Inspire is quite possibly the worst phone ever. No ROMs can help it. Complete garbage. Anyone else done with Android or jumping ship over the Inspire's terribleness?

labarbacoa

Aug 15, 2011
I might be able to see why you would show discontent with the Inspire. I personally think its the battery life, weight, and lack of front camera that brings it down. Although I've played with iPhones in the past, and I can't consider this this being close the worst phone. I can still make it last for a day with above moderate usage, and have grown accustomed to the weight. More than enough to make me satisfy the whole contract, which has about half a year longer. Can you go a bit more detailed in why you hate it?

racerj782011

Apr 19, 2012
Morgantown, WV
I couldn't agree any more with you DPLOY. I love this phone. It doesn't feel flimsy, has plenty of processing speed and does pretty much anything you could want. That and I like playing with different ROMs all of the time.

Nick281051

May 5, 2010
Northport, NY
That I'm now buying an iPhone 5. I was an original iPhone guy, but went when they went glass to the Aria...then the Inspire...and the Inspire is quite possibly the worst phone ever. No ROMs can help it. Complete garbage. Anyone else done with Android or jumping ship over the Inspire's terribleness?

Haven't you had this phone since it came out basically? I don't believe you for a second

Sent from Team Pirate! Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cwhitney24

Longstreet

Jul 22, 2010
Bells, TX
It's the best phone I've ever had. Like the construction, the way it feels in my hand and the heft. When I drop it in the cargo pocket on my pants I keep having to check and make sure it's there, so the weight can't be that bad. I did my homework before I got it and knew the battery was on the small side, so I'm not going to complain that I have to plug it in once or twice a day.

And ROMs? Kept it on stock Sense for a couple of months, then rooted and flashed CM7. Since then I've gone to Ice Cold Sandwich and am now running JellyTime. Each one has been better than the last. And my ancient single-core Inspire is still faster, on most tasks, than my friends 4S's. Every time one of them shows me some neato thing on their iPhone I'm reminded again how thoroughly unimpressed I am with Apple's products. It's not that they're bad phones, they're just not all that impressive.

But if my Inspire WAS the worst phone ever, if it went nuts and ate all my personal info, sent all my contacts an F U text message and then caught fire and exploded in my pants pocket it would not be enough to make me send any of my money to Cupertino. Their product is nice, if a little bland, but their business practices are abhorrent.

If I ever get tired of Android (and after a couple of weeks on Jelly Bean I don't see that happening any time soon), Windows 7 is a darn nice OS. And Windows 8 looks even better.

But hey, if you hate it that much, send it to me. One of my boys would be happy to have it.

Last edited:

ekidd14

Mar 30, 2011
IMO, the Inspire was the best phone ive ever owned also. I started off with the very first iphone, then the 3g, 3gs, then 4. Basically ive owned every iphone out. Then i decided to try android and fell in love. Started with the captivate, had an atrix, then went to the inspire. I tried other phones also like the infuse, galaxy s2, vivid, and skyrocket and eventually ended up going back to the inspire. This phone runs perfect (smoothness, performance, and battery life) with the right rom, kernel, and radio set up. Only if the inspire had a FFC, thats the only thing the phone lacks..

Gizmoe

You just have to know what your doing. The iPhone is made for your type so it will probably be the better choice for you. Android is made for people that want to be able to decide what their phone can or can't do, and have the tech knowledge to achieve it. IPhone is garbage and apple is a terrible company that stifles innovation. Iphones only good purpose is to make smart phones accessible to my grandma.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
The iphone is basically a simple phone. I believe that the hype behind it is just because the apple name. Coming from the experience of being both iphone and Android owner there is so much more I can do with my android that I could not do with the apple. So in my opinion the apple is just an overpriced useless piece of crap, a suped up ipod thats all. I am completely amazed with my Inspire.

Reactions: Ducktech77

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
Terrible Phone??? Really?

The Inspire is a terrible phone??? Yet no comments on what made it terrible. Aside from the fact that HTC decided to give the phone a slightly inadequate battery, the phone has been great. For a single core it has been great. Once I got it rooted it was an excellent phone. I love the fact that I have so many options for this phone. If I want apps, music, or videos I can download direct, get from the market, or get from outside sources. With apple you have one choice...itunes...which I can't stand.

Reactions: path0logicmodder

muzik1017

Aug 30, 2012
Loved it even when it was stock. Got mine June 16, 2011

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

insanenyc

Aug 12, 2006
Good luck with your one key Iphone now I don't know what Rom u are using but my inspire blows away most dual core phones. You have to remember the inspire is great for what it is a single core phone. I much rather have my HTC inspire then that stupid iPhone

Sent from my supercharged Inspire running coredroid 9.4

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix
Inspire with ICS... a sight for sore eyes. It's a great little phone when you get all of the bloat off of it. I've had mine for two years and now I'm giving it to my girlfriend to replace her iPhone because she's done with Apple and it's lockdown on everything you pay for. I've personally had four different ROMs on it and each had pros and cons. They've all been top notch though... ICS has been the best easily by far (but that probably has something to do with being an completely different operating system than Gingerbread).

Nick281051

May 5, 2010
Northport, NY
Inspire with ICS... a sight for sore eyes. It's a great little phone when you get all of the bloat off of it. I've had mine for two years and now I'm giving it to my girlfriend to replace her iPhone because she's done with Apple and it's lockdown on everything you pay for. I've personally had four different ROMs on it and each had pros and cons. They've all been top notch though... ICS has been the best easily by far (but that probably has something to do with being an completely different operating system than Gingerbread).

lol the inspire has only been ot since february (12th or 13th) of last year so you definitely have not had it for two years

scorpiopantera

Jul 13, 2011
Mesa, AZ
IMO, one of the best single core phones ever. The amount of ram this phone has. I run Gingerbeast and have a little over 400mb free. This was my first Android, coming from the iPhone 3GS and a 4. I'm never looking back. I've had this baby since release and still love it!

Go enjoy your new toy phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You just have to know what your doing. The iPhone is made for your type so it will probably be the better choice for you. Android is made for people that want to be able to decide what their phone can or can't do, and have the tech knowledge to achieve it. IPhone is garbage and apple is a terrible company that stifles innovation. Iphones only good purpose is to make smart phones accessible to my grandma.

IPhone is good for you. Android is meant for people that know what they are doing. I personally don't want a company deciding for me how my device should be used. But I guess some of us need our hands held. And to compare the IPhone 5 to a phone this old is just ridiculous and you are well aware of that. You hold it up to the note 2 or the droid DNA and it can't even compete. Really what is the purpose of you originally starting this thread and then coming back much later to just troll once again. I say your just trolling and I know you used the device for quite some time. If the device was really that bad then someone would have agreed. But since your not the type to read, even when it is your own thread, I can point out that not a single person agrees with you. Take your nonsense flaming somewhere else. Nobody cares what you think.

If you don't like or want the inspire ill take it right off your hands. Personally I'd go back to a flip phone before swapping to and iPhone. You say lack of battery may be the problem but atleast when our is having problems we can buy a new one and swap it out without voiding our warrenty. Lols anywho. Have fun going to a restricted Communistic phone :)

Thread Closed

Thread Closed as I think it has run its course and then some.

mf2112
    XDA Moderator
    it's funny I was just telling my boy the other day how this is best phone I've ever had! 2 years and still going strong...i like the weight.