[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] BAKED DLX BB9 (CDMA/GSM) (09 Jun)

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I've tried reflashing this a few times but I cant seem to change the DPI. I can select 320 but when I go to try and reboot it just freezes. Am I doing something wrong?

Probably don't want to go below 360 considering 480 is stock and it doesn't have PA's hybrid ability. That's a pretty big drop.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - Carbon

amit_sen

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi
I've tried reflashing this a few times but I cant seem to change the DPI. I can select 320 but when I go to try and reboot it just freezes. Am I doing something wrong?

Follow the EXACT steps from

Settings-Baked Setting-System Setting-LCD Density

DNA | ⓣⓐⓟⓐⓣⓐⓛⓚ | TF300T

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
I'm always posting problem lolsorry guys. My gps doesn't lock on, is there any way i can fix this? It seems it's only on my phone do probably something I've dive

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Epic 4g

Jan 25, 2011
Fighting the Death Bear
I'm always posting problem lolsorry guys. My gps doesn't lock on, is there any way i can fix this? It seems it's only on my phone do probably something I've dive

This is what I did in PAC to get GPS to work, I am copying & pasting from the PAC thread here. Try these steps with Baked & see if it works for you.

What I did was this:

1. Reboot to recovery and wipe system/cache/data.
2. Install Sense rom (I used Newts Sense 5 myself).
3. Skip entire setup and just open Maps itself (make sure GPS and everything is turned on).
4. Wait for the notification to switch to location set instead of searching for GPS.
5. Once it says location set, just reboot to recovery directly from maps.
6. Wipe system/cache/data and install CM rom
7. I skipped setup again myself and went directly to maps to see if I could get a lock... once it did I added my Google account from settings and i'm good to go.

After doing that it still occasionally takes 3-5 minutes to get the first gps lock but all is great after that and most of the time it works fine right away.

Good luck! :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: Dri94

jake.corey.jacobs

Jan 29, 2011
Jacksonville

Based on a recommendation somewhere in the CM thread I used FasterGPS from the market to set our gps.conf to USA and got instant locks. Tested on each release since 6/1 and multiple reboots and have had 0 issues. You could try it and see if it helps, this applies to you to above poster, to fix the 3-5 mins for first lock.

TheDanimal

May 22, 2010
That same stuff can be added to the GPS.conf before building. I'll probably add it in to my next AOKP build

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Tidefan13

Dec 16, 2010
You might be able to try going to system/usr/keylayout and editing the synaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl file with a text editor. On carbon I have the following values in my file for long press home for Google now, recent apps button mapped to menu, and long press recent apps button for app switcher. I could deal with pressing recents to open menu and long press to open recent. So just add exactly what yours is? Delete the others and just add yours correct?

key 102 HOME
key 139 MENU
key 158 BACK
key 217 SEARCH
key 249 APP_SWITCH

Back up your original file just in case. Also nandroiding first wouldn't hurt :D

So does this work? This is my favorite all time ROM but I need button remapping. If so I'm not sure I know how to do it so that long press home opens G-now and long press recent opens menu

Roll Tide!!!!! 15 NC's. Nuff Said

Last edited:

amit_sen

Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi
Is anybody still using the rom ?
Its very quite in here OR its working so well that theres nothing to ***** about ;)
Will bringout a new build if theres enough demand.

DNA | ⓣⓐⓟⓐⓣⓐⓛⓚ | TF300T

Reactions: mopartonyg

cmfx

Nov 23, 2012
I love the baked from rom. It's my daily driver on my nexus 7. The only thing this really needs is the option to change hardware keys. Thanks again!

Reactions: Tidefan13

amit_sen

Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi
I love the baked from rom. It's my daily driver on my nexus 7. The only thing this really needs is the option to change hardware keys. Thanks again!

If each rom has same settings, then wheres the fun.
There r other roms like jellybeer, pac , carbon etc with h/w button remap functionality. Try them out.

DNA | ⓣⓐⓟⓐⓣⓐⓛⓚ | TF300T

travp624

Jan 13, 2010
Bonduel, Wisconsin
Did travp successfuly merge this Rom with his ??

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

Merge this with mine THIS IS MINE :cool:

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Actually we have h/w keys remapping I'm using that right now on my dna. OP missed the necessary overlay but don't worry it will be in the official dna release coming soon!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER
    The rom has been compiled from sources available from BAKED, DNA CM10.1
    This is a port I have done of the BAKED DLX BB9 ROM. I in no way developed this ROM.
    All credit for the ROM is the BAKED team alone. See credits sections as well.

DONT BLAME me if anything goes wrong with the device after flashing this ROM...

bakedrebornzps1b312900.png

AOKP BASED ROM

MAIN FEATURES
    Merged to latest android-4.2.2 sources
    Baked Settings (clone of aokp’s rom control made our way)
    Includes Powerwidgets (cm10.1) may be removed in the future.
    Quicksettings (tiles) borrowed from cm and improved upon by baked
    Includes CM’s custom led control (cm10.1)
    Lockscreen shortcuts 5 phone 8 tablet (cm10.1)
    LockClock widget app cloned from cm10.1 and modified by baked
    Full customized Mms app (baked)
    Includes DSPManager (cm10.1)
    Includes CMFileManager (cm10.1) inverted of course
    Pie Control
    And more

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)
    2. Wipe Cache
    3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    4. Flash BAKED zip
    5. Flash JB GAPPS
    6. Flash SuperUser zip
    7. Reboot

NOTE :-> IF you are GSM user, then flash GSMPatch v2 from Flyhalf's CM10.1 thread

How to upgrade BAKED versions:

1. Wipe Cache
    2. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    3. Flash BAKED zip
    3. Flash JB GAPPS
    4. Flash SuperUser zip
    5. Reboot

DOWNLOAD LINKS

BAKED ROM
    GAPPS
    SuperSu

SOURCES
    GITHUB
    Kernel Sources

CREDITS
    + Team BAKED
    + CYANOGENMOD
    + AOKP
    + PA
    + CHAINFIRE - For SuperUser
    + CHAD0989
    + CRPALMER

BUGS

Since its CM10.1 based so all bugs which are present in CM10.1 on or before 5thJun will be present as well

It will make it worthwhile if u press THANKS button and rate the thread 5 STARS.
    I'm going to start working this into the mainline of baked now that I just moonshined my dna. Expect this to get full support soon. And hopefully fix all bugs.
    Recommended Kernel

CRpalmer AOSP Kernel

Version 2.0.29-cm5

Recomended Settings
    CPU : 192- 1728
    Governer : Interactive
    UV -50mv across range
    I/O Scheduler : CFQ

Governer Control ::

Hispeed Load : 80
    Hispeed Frq : 1.4 ghz
    Timer rate : 30000
    Min. Sample Time : 40000

Special Mention :: pio-masaki for helping me.
    Did travp successfuly merge this Rom with his ??

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

Merge this with mine THIS IS MINE :cool:

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Actually we have h/w keys remapping I'm using that right now on my dna. OP missed the necessary overlay but don't worry it will be in the official dna release coming soon!
    Looks good,ganna give it a run.:thumbup:
    Says no mirror for Su update..

SuperUser Link UPDATED :)