[ROM][4.3.1][05-Nov] SlimBean DLX [STABLE Build 2.1]

Search This thread

zawata

May 28, 2013
HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid X
You know, I'm not sure whether I'm just extremely lucky or overly careful but I have never ever had a problem that couldn't be solved by a reboot(except rom problems)
I've never touched my radio or Hboot and I'm not even sure why you would need to
I've never lost my service or had problems booting in any of my ROMs
The biggest thing that's ever happened to me was accidently wiping /data/media during a full wipe and having to sideload a ROM

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ce_lloyd

zawata

May 28, 2013
HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid X
You know I love this ROM but IMO the whole thing feels really slow like its kinda just being pushed forward almost reluctantly I'm not really sure what to back up this claim with but I'm throwing it out there
Anyone agree with me?

amit_sen

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi
This build has DNA device info updated till 15-Aug. Google voice search fix was done 4 days back. So it will be present in next build :)

The new CM10.2 is supposed to have fixed Google Now so when Amitbhai updates this ROM he will incorporate the new CM10.2 changes.
'Amitbhai' did u googled :p that or is it a typo
I've flashed this ROM 3 different times and every time after I get everything setup, when I reboot I always get stuck in a boot loop. The first time I flashed CR's kernel, so I thought that may be the reason, which it shouldn't be. The rest were on stock kernel. So I'm back on 4.2.2 for now
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4
As i replied to u via PM, it seems you have a bad download/flash and or any rogue apps.
You know I love this ROM but IMO the whole thing feels really slow like its kinda just being pushed forward almost reluctantly I'm not really sure what to back up this claim with but I'm throwing it out there
Anyone agree with me?
Is there any specific screen where u r facing it or its just a placeboo effect. It was running smooth for the 3-4 days i was using it.

DNA | ⓣⓐⓟⓐⓣⓐⓛⓚ | TF300T

zawata

May 28, 2013
HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid X
Is there any specific screen where u r facing it or its just a placeboo effect. It was running smooth for the 3-4 days i was using it.

DNA | ⓣⓐⓟⓐⓣⓐⓛⓚ | TF300T
Well it could just be a placebo effect
I flash about 2 ROMs per week so that could also be a factor with my perception
It feels kinda like everything I do is delayed by like 1/8 of a sec. Its probably just my perception though
Its probably not a very big deal though
You are the man though amit
You have...what 5 roms you've ported?
That's amazing
I'm going into ROM development myself
I'm gonna start this weekend :p

-DroidIsDNA-

Jan 14, 2013
rochester
It feels kinda like everything I do is delayed by like 1/8 of a sec. Its probably just my perception though
That's amazing

Mine seems a bit laggy too. OC to 1728 and fresh installing everything helps. Turn animations in dev options to .5 or off.

But yes, it seems a bit laggy at first compared to other roms. Still, this and carbon are my DDs

Not as laggy as this though :p
EV0HqT4.gif

amit_sen

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi
That's amazing
Its 5x2 as i build and share same roms for my tab asus tf300t as well :p
Good luck with your rom dev ;)
Mine seems a bit laggy too. OC to 1728 and fresh installing everything helps. Turn animations in dev options to .5 or off.

But yes, it seems a bit laggy at first compared to other roms. Still, this and carbon are my DDs

EV0HqT4.gif
I don't think its particularly laggy, it just seems that way compared to Carbon which I think is the snappiest ROM even without OC.
Dont know but my phone doesn't seem to play well with carbon. I checked out the latest build , but same jittery issues as previous :(
My tab liked it, but now its rocking PA.

DNA | ⓣⓐⓟⓐⓣⓐⓛⓚ | TF300T

-DroidIsDNA-

Jan 14, 2013
rochester
Dont know but my phone doesn't seem to play well with carbon. I checked out the latest build , but same jittery issues as previous :(
DNA | ⓣⓐⓟⓐⓣⓐⓛⓚ | TF300T[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem with Carbon. I don't dare patronize a rom dev by saying something like "did you clean flash" or my favorite "did you flash the gsm version?" haha.

I don't think its particularly laggy, it just seems that way compared to Carbon which I think is the snappiest ROM even without OC.

This could very well be true. Carbon is excellent.

pyroguysf

Mar 7, 2013

DNA | ⓣⓐⓟⓐⓣⓐⓛⓚ | TF300T

For what it's worth, I've tried a few of the Carbon builds (not the most recent though), and they've never played nicely with my DNA either, despite all the great things I always hear. Device issues aside, it's otherwise a good ROM (have used on Nexus 7). Personally, I always end up coming back to Slim though, although both my Nexus 7 and DNA are still on 4.2.2 stable 8 running amazingly.

billy0679

Oct 26, 2009
I just wanna say i love your work keep it up. Have a few questions for you guys. Flashed this ROM this morning and all started out well. After a little bit I noticed that my dialer force closes a bit and when that happens my signal strength stays the same but goes grey and will not return to blue unless I reboot and once that happens it goes a little crazy with hotboots and a few apps force closing. But then once it settles down its fine for a while. I did a full wipe on install and have not flashed Palmers kernel yet. Should I? The gapps I used were the ai gapps for 4.3. Should I use the minimal gapps if ya think that would help?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zawata

May 28, 2013
HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid X

EV0HqT4.gif
Haha omg I was in class checking xda and I saw that gif and laughed out loud so hard haha
Yeah don't worry amit its not that bad
I probably will just OC and mess with the display options
Maybe turn on flash screen haha jk
But amit a little tip for next build make everything more normal

When you first flash this ROM there's so many things to modify to get it normal
Like the root situation
And the DPI is extremely low when first flashed
It would be nice to have everything a bit easier
Oh and dude how do you keep up with 10 ROMs?!?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
    The rom has been compiled from sources available from SlimBean, DNA CM10.2

All credit for the ROM is the SlimBean team alone. See credits sections as well.

DONT BLAME me if anything goes wrong with the device after flashing this ROM...

f6m.png

Original Slim Features

The Real Dark Slim
    Notification drawer Shortcuts
    Full hardware key rebinding!
    Keyboard rotation
    SlimCenter

For full feature set click here

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)
    2. Wipe Cache
    3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    4. Flash SlimBean zip
    5. Flash JB GAPPS
    6. Reboot

NOTE :-> IF you are GSM user, then flash GSMPatch v2 from Flyhalf's CM10.1 thread.

How to upgrade SlimBean versions:

1. Download SlimBean update
    2. Flash SlimBean update
    3. Flash JB GAPPS
    4. Wipe Cache (Optional)
    5. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)
    6. Reboot

DOWNLOAD LINKS

SlimRom
    SlimGapps

SOURCES
    SlimBean
    Kernel Sources

CREDITS
    You can find the full list of credits here
    + CHAD0989
    + CRPALMER
    + INVISIBLEK

BUGS

Since its CM10.2 based so all bugs which are present in CM10.2 will be present as well.

It will make it worthwhile if u press THANKS button and rate the thread 5 STARS.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.3.1][05-Nov] SlimBean DLX [STABLE Build 2.1], a ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    amit_sen
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2013-11-05

Created 2013-08-21
    Last Updated 2013-11-05
    Changelog

05-Nov

http://slimroms.net/index.php/changelog

22-Oct

07-Oct

29-Sep

14-Sep

4-Sep

19-Aug

FAQ

Q1. Titanium Backup is not restoring apps.
    A1. Set your backup dir for Titanium Backup as ::

storage/emulated/legacy/TitaniumBackup

After setting backup dir, System will prompt to move your backups from previous dir to new correct one.
    Then proceed with restoring backups.

Q2. Lost root access
    A2. Go to the developer options and make sure Root for Apps and ADB is checked and that should fix root issues

Q3. Lost Signal/Roaming issues
    A3. GoTo Settings > More > Mobile networks
    Data enabled
    National data roaming enabled
    Network mode Global or LTE/CDMA/EvDO
    Roaming mode automatic
    CDMA subscription RUIM/SIM

Recommended Settings

Enable Developer Options in Settings
    Set below ::

Window Animation Scale :-> 0.5x
    Transition Animation Scale :-> 0.5x
    Animator Durator Scale :-> 0.5x

Recommended Kernel

CRpalmer AOSP Kernel

Version 4.7.4

Recomended Settings
    CPU : 384- 1728
    Governer : Interactive
    UV -50mv across range
    I/O Scheduler : Row

Governer Control ::

Hispeed Load : 80
    Hispeed Frq : 1.35 ghz
    Timer rate : 20000
    Min. Sample Time : 40000
    Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

OK 'fatty' boys n girls , papa amit is here to give you all a slim diet of pure awesomeness :silly::silly:

ROM

Hit THANKS button if you feel i deserve it and leave a feedback about rom and rate the thread.
    amit_sen, is there any support for mhl? Tried to test my mhl adapter, but unlike sense ROMs it won't work. It put my phone in a bootloop, started having disconnect issue, example my phone started switching to roaming and when I booted into recovery to wipe cache and dalvik to try and fix the problem twrp reported that I had lost root.

Wiping dalvik and cache seems to have fixed everything for the moment and TWRP, seems to have fixed root. However my phone went from usable to unusable by simply plugging in a mhl adapter.

Dont know, as i dont use mhl. Is it working in cm10.2 , if it is then it should work in slim otherwise not.

@all
    As promised ,first STABLE build is UP !!
    You guys are the first one to recieve it as slim team have yet to post their own builds :cowboy:
    Use the gapps i posted as slim gapps for stable build is yet to be put up by team.

SlimRom
    Gapps

Since the new build is based on official CM, so use custom kernel posted in 2nd post.

Hit THANKS button if u feel i deserve it and leave a feedback.
    Whos ready to get SLIMed down tomorrow ;)

DNA | ⓣⓐⓟⓐⓣⓐⓛⓚ | TF300T