[STICKY] Feature Requests and Bugs List - READ RULES - No direct posts here.

Search This thread

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Rules
Comment if anything is missing. You MUST first post your bug report or feature request in its OWN NEW THREAD, BEFORE you post in this thread. Provide a link to the original thread with your feature request or bug report. If you do not link to your original thread with your request, it will not be added here. This post will be continually updated

Other Known Bugs list will be updated near future..!
We are working on it.

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Feature Requests
Note: the order of listing sort-of implies ranking of priority.

High Priority
  1. DLNA/Casting/Chromecast - IN PROGRESS
  2. SMB support
  3. MKV Ordered Chapters and MKV Chapter Markers
  4. Support for .m3u, .m3u8, .pls, and .wpl, including for playlist files with network streams in them: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mx-videoplayer/VG6LM3txHTQ/discussion

Last edited by a moderator:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Medium Priority

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: feifelm1983

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011

Logic_

Aug 8, 2010
Antwerp
Hello, thanks for this great app.
I wanted to request something I think is a great feature, but then I was happy to see it already in the high priority list.

Popup Player: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mx-videoplayer/ws_voRX-MVc/discussion

But then I looked at the original thread and it dates back 2 years. Is there any word on development of this?

I see so many video apps successfully implement this and it seems to work wonderfully well for playing local files as well as streaming. For stress testing I even tried out large video files and heavy streams while loading up heavy apps and games and I never noticed lag or stutter, on my first generation nexus 7.

MX Player has always been my favorite android player since my nexus one, 4 years ago until today. And I would love to keep supporting it but I'm now downloading other players when I need floating video.

So I hope for some good news on development of this great feature, thanks!

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Hello, thanks for this great app.
I wanted to request something I think is a great feature, but then I was happy to see it already in the high priority list.

Popup Player: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mx-videoplayer/ws_voRX-MVc/discussion

But then I looked at the original thread and it dates back 2 years. Is there any word on development of this?

I see so many video apps successfully implement this and it seems to work wonderfully well for playing local files as well as streaming. For stress testing I even tried out large video files and heavy streams while loading up heavy apps and games and I never noticed lag or stutter, on my first generation nexus 7.

MX Player has always been my favorite android player since my nexus one, 4 years ago until today. And I would love to keep supporting it but I'm now downloading other players when I need floating video.

So I hope for some good news on development of this great feature, thanks!

I agree that this feature would be awesome!

This would be something for @bleu8888 to answer.

lostboykev

Nov 12, 2009
I have the Moto X. Since is shoots at a 16:9 ratio it won't go past 7.2mp. Is it possible to add full 10mp 16:9 support?

mast3rbug

Mar 11, 2008
auto resume on startup

Hi

This player is awesome.

Here a feature needed for android car radio. Android car player are more and more popular, a nice feature would be an option when we start the player, the last played file start automatically on resume, like a normal car cd player do. (no need to start the application automatically, there is already an application for that).

Because each time the car is turned off, all applications are stopped by the android system. of course, if you use the integrated player it resume automatically, but it does not play all format and the interface is not good enough.

Thanks!

Cedric

Reactions: yashpalgoyal1304

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
@AlbertAS and @xenyz please make a new forum thread for your feature requests, then link that thread here, so that it can be added to the list. With a thread for your specific request, it is easier to keep track of each item.
@xenyz added.

Last edited:

Logic_

Aug 8, 2010
Antwerp
Hi

This player is awesome.

Here a feature needed for android car radio. Android car player are more and more popular, a nice feature would be an option when we start the player, the last played file start automatically on resume, like a normal car cd player do. (no need to start the application automatically, there is already an application for that).

Because each time the car is turned off, all applications are stopped by the android system. of course, if you use the integrated player it resume automatically, but it does not play all format and the interface is not good enough.

Thanks!

Cedric

This is a great video player indeed, but as a car stereo app it's not ideal I'd say.. cause that's not its main purpose.
In my car I've been using PowerAmp for over 4 years now, it works great with everything you need from auto resuming to lockscreen controls etc. PowerAmp was one of the first apps to integrate all these things and still does it best imo. Although many other players have adopted the same functions.

Reactions: yashpalgoyal1304

mast3rbug

Mar 11, 2008
This is a great video player indeed, but as a car stereo app it's not ideal I'd say.. cause that's not its main purpose.
In my car I've been using PowerAmp for over 4 years now, it works great with everything you need from auto resuming to lockscreen controls etc. PowerAmp was one of the first apps to integrate all these things and still does it best imo. Although many other players have adopted the same functions.

Thanks I will try it!

Cedric

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
I agree that PowerAmp is probably one of the best music player apps out there.

overground

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Dev
Apologies in advance if I'm doing this wrong. :eek:

I have MX Pro, and would like to see it brought to Google TV...namely the Sony NSZ-GS7.
It doesn't appear in the Play Store for GTV, and I have tried sideloading MX player and it offers a "not supported" message.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mx-videoplayer/google$20tv/mx-videoplayer/8FuwdbGMJo4/xV1anwFLUEIJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mx-videoplayer/google$20tv/mx-videoplayer/rCovIwz5yCE/I75B4w-suY0J

Although,

Technical Support said:
MX Player cannot run on Google TV because Google TV version of Android does not allow direct access of system module.
MX Player requires direct access of system module to speed up video decoding.

Thanks.

So I guess it'll never work? :(

Thanks

mmaxmtbc

Nov 28, 2012
Add Feature

If you can add THE ABILITY TO Share video support like by Bluetooth and wlan direct .... etc

THANKS

Top Liked Posts