[Q] Slow transfer speed

Search This thread

Duckers McQuack

Nov 8, 2010
I thought the note 3 was going to be fast since it has usb 3.0 and all that?

I connected it to my front usb 3.0 port and it takes 8 and a half minutes to transfer a 2GB movie onto the sdcard which is a sandisk sdxc class 10 64GB stick while it takes 1-2 minutes when i connect it to my usb 3.0 card reader... how come it's so darn slow through the phone?

The motherboard im using is a Asus maximus VI hero

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Is the phone in USB 3.0 MTP mode?
Also, the data is directed through phone motherboard, longer route means longer time (data transfer speed is also affected by the read/write capability of the SD slot on the phone).

celderic

Dec 1, 2010

I connected it to my front usb 3.0 port and it takes 8 and a half minutes to transfer a 2GB movie onto the sdcard which is a sandisk sdxc class 10 64GB stick while it takes 1-2 minutes when i connect it to my usb 3.0 card reader... how come it's so darn slow through the phone?

Copy it onto the internal and you will notice how much faster it is. With usb 3 mode selected.

Sent from my SM-N9005

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014

There should be some issue, either with your SD card or phone. Test copying same file into internal memory and then into card by usb 3.

I don’t have USB 3 in my PC and I always use 2.0 but transferring a 2GB video file by usb 2.0 never took over 2-3 minutes. By OTG cable from flash drive to sd card, same time. Even over wifi it doesn’t take that much time.

So try formatting the SD card and then input all data and test. I don’t think this will resolve, and you much check with Samsung service center.

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012

After connecting the phone, did you set the phone to USB 3.0 mode?
MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is the mode to transfer data between PC and phone.

When you connect the phone to USB, the phone is in USB 2.0 MTP mode. You have to pull down notification bar, open the USB notification and switch to USB 3.0.

Duckers McQuack

Nov 8, 2010
After connecting the phone, did you set the phone to USB 3.0 mode?
MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is the mode to transfer data between PC and phone.

When you connect the phone to USB, the phone is in USB 2.0 MTP mode. You have to pull down notification bar, open the USB notification and switch to USB 3.0.

Oh, forgot about that mode :p