[ROM][4.2.2] MIUI V5 4.6.6 d2spr

Search This thread

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
I'm not quite sure I understand how to get the LTE to work. :-/
I went into Network settings and made sure CDMA is on, but I do not quite get the process in the dialer.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone info then in preferred network drop down select LTE/CDMA auto(PRL) after selecting it and you don't get data toggle airplane mode and it should come up

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bb2si

woshiweili

May 9, 2011
I'm not quite sure I understand how to get the LTE to work. :-/
I went into Network settings and made sure CDMA is on, but I do not quite get the process in the dialer.

Any help would be appreciated! :)
  1. Go to Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select CDMA
  2. Go to Phone > Dial *#*#4636#*#*
  3. A new window appears, click on Phone information > Scroll down and under "Set preferred network type:", select "LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)"
  4. Reboot if you still don't have 4G.

Reactions: bb2si

bb2si

Sep 26, 2009
Chicago
Dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone info then in preferred network drop down select LTE/CDMA auto(PRL) after selecting it and you don't get data toggle airplane mode and it should come up

Worked beautifully, thank you!

Now my only other problem is Titanium Backup cannot find root. Is that normal?

woshiweili

May 9, 2011
Not sure if these are universal MIUI bugs or just for this build:
  1. Whenever downloading an app from the Play store, a warning message would keep popping up recommending you to download over WiFi. This message still pops up when download only over wifi is disabled in Play store settings AND the warning message has been turned off in Downloads.
  2. When turning the phone in apps that support rotation, the display is upside down.

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
Not sure if these are universal MIUI bugs or just for this build:
  1. Whenever downloading an app from the Play store, a warning message would keep popping up recommending you to download over WiFi. This message still pops up when download only over wifi is disabled in Play store settings AND the warning message has been turned off in Downloads.
  2. When turning the phone in apps that support rotation, the display is upside down.

Once I get the boot.img modified for sprint it will fix rotation and wifi but everyone on my team is MIA. And the download over WiFi is a MIUI issue the option to turn it off in downloads has NEVER worked in any MIUI ROMs. Only thing you can do is raise it to 10mb

Reactions: woshiweili

India85g

Feb 22, 2011
To answer my own questions in case anyone else was wondering: WiFi tether does not work & I had to download go sms for mms to work

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
To get LTE automatically without changing anything, I think there's a line you can add to the build.prop

Something like

lteOnCDMA=1 or something like that

Either that or there's something you can add to the telephony framework, but is a quick fix

Reactions: bilgerryan

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
To get LTE automatically without changing anything, I think there's a line you can add to the build.prop

Something like

lteOnCDMA=1 or something like that

Either that or there's something you can add to the telephony framework, but is a quick fix

I'm using cm10.1s build.prob so it should already be there and all RIL related stuff is there. Earlier I added in the LTE on gsm lines to phone.apk arrays.XML and added in all the preferred network types to it and nothing. I believe MobileNetworkSettings.smali has to be edited because it defaults to LTE/CDMA when you first flash the ROM changing to LTE/CDMA in mobile networks actually puts the phone in Global mode

Last edited:

shekinahsmoke

I'm using cm10.1s build.prob so it should already be there and all RIL related stuff is there. Earlier I added in the LTE on gsm lines to phone.apk arrays.XML and added in all the preferred network types to it and nothing. I believe MobileNetworkSettings.smali has to be edited because it defaults to LTE/CDMA when you first flash the ROM changing to LTE/CDMA in mobile networks actually puts the phone in Global mode

so still no LTE? :crying:

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7

Does that "hack" persist across a reboot? If it does, then it's some property inside Phone.apk databases that's getting changed...if you can adb pull it after changing that, then we can diff the two apks to see what changed and incorporate it off the bat

Sent from my S3 on Sense 5

Last edited:
Reactions: 13druber

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Changelog for 4.6.6

Code:
    [System]
    Fix -  Slow charging speed (Mi3 WCDMA/CDMA) (6-5)
    Fix - Sometimes couldn't open WLAN after booting (Mi3 WCDMA/CDMA) (6-5)
    Fix - Sometimes couldn't connect to any WiFi router without rebooting (Mi3 WCDMA/CDMA) (6-5)
    Fix - Recorder couldn't adjust volume on speaker (Mi3 WCDMA/CDMA) (6-5)
    Fix - OTG couldn't write in (Mi3 WCDMA/CDMA) (6-5)

[Messaging]
    Optimization - Optimized UI of Notification messages. Support viewing messages by types by pulling down (6-4)

[Camera]
    Optimization - It blurred when long pressing to take pictures (Mi3 WCDMA/CDMA) (6-5)

[Gallery]
    New - Press the blank area to add pictures when Cloud images page is empty (6-4)
    New - Support editing pictures in cloud albums (6-4)
    New - Support pinching to return to image list when viewing pictures in full screen (6-4)

[Mail]
    Fix - Some POP accounts could not log in (6-3)
    Fix - ZIP attachments did not automatically open after downloading (6-3)
    Fix - Using 'Sort by' in searching results may cause FC (6-3)
    Fix - Could not send mails by clicking the email address in contact details page (6-3)

[Browser]
    Fix - Some webpages said password was not filled in after auto-fill (6-4)
    Fix - Some webpages didn't zoom in/out by double press (6-4)

Working
    -Everything
    -You tell me

Not Working
    -CM Bugs

How to install

Download Rom

Reboot Recovery

Wipe Data, Wipe Cache

Flash Rom

Reboot Phone - Fill the Welcome Screen till you see the Homescreen

Reboot Recovery

Flash Gapps - Do Not Wipe

Reboot

Enjoy

Rom
    - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358543969
    Gapps
    - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407586142

Compatible MIUI Kernels
    Ktoonsez Kernel
    - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407586136

Kernel Source
    - https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_d2

Credits
    -Bmarko
    -Lens Flare
    -Cyanogenmod
    -Mazda
    -Mark375
    -BurgerZ
    -Ktoonsez for his kernel
    -Datagutt for building us a cm base
    OP updated new build Enjoy :good::victory:
    I think we need to focus on MIUI in this thread...

While the other rom I'm working on is stable, it is absolutely coming from a different side completely, but it is not just plopping a launcher on top of rootbox...

With that being said, considering the countless hours all of the other devs spend on porting this to s3, it is not even remotely fair to compare the 2, the rom I based mine off of is an officially supported S3 build, and so are the features I have added to it, of course it's going to be stable, but there are quite a few options/features of MIUI that will never be in MiBox that are in here, and they are what I absolutely love about MIUI, and that is why I have been running/porting it for so many years...

The thought process behind the MiBox build was to start with a stable rom and build many of the MIUI features into it...

Comparing the two is like flaming honda for not making a mclaren f1...

I absolutely support all the work Notorious, Blackhawk and Mobbin have done on this rom and will always do anything i can to support them...
    Considering all the other ports other developers have tried, so many of the versions that Notorious has done have been spot-on solid, and by running them I have always enjoyed my experience using his (and their) hard work with great success...

Great work bud, as always...
    3.9.13 available in OP now

- Added Uncompressed MMS so picture messages arent all grainy
    -Fixed call recording quality
    -MIUI themed keyboard added
    -Multilang

Still on 7-23 nightly having trouble with a issue using the latest RC so 7-23 for now