Originally Posted by blankers
Sorry for your loss.
But the good news is my unit arrived today.
I'm fitting it at the moment. I bought the one specifically for my Toyota rav4 and first impressions are very good. It fits exactly in the facia and the pre-wired connections fit the old radio connections, so it was just a case of plug and play. I have briefly tried it and I must say the fm radio is brilliant. I am picking up stations I didn't get on my stock radio.
It has built-in wifi and I tethered it to my phone. Browser and play store work well. The music app picked up my mp3's as soon as I inserted the 32g sd card. It didn't come with any satnav app so I installed tomtom and it works really well.
As far as I can see, everything on it works
My only criticism so far is that there is no hard button for 'home' or 'radio, so these have to be selected on the screen. There are 3 hard buttons which are not necessary ; setup, track right, and DVD., so I would have liked to see these changed...
I will do a video as soon as I can.
Anyone with any questions about the unit, feel free to ask......
Edit: Videos are up.
There are 2 parts....
Thanks for the videos. I have updated the first post. I see that the unit seems to work pretty well. I am just a bit disappointed that the boot up time is around 30s. Hopefully, it can be reduced, as it happened with the OUKU, to around 15s.
Regarding you comments about the "useless buttons" and need for a home button. Probably you can reprogram the buttons by entering on protected/engeneering mode. I really have no idea how to do it in this unit, but in others you enter through the bluetooth module by inputing a code. Probably, you can find this info on the manual, if you got any.
Some questions for you:
- is the unit staying on a kind of stand by mode when you turn off the car (for an hour or so before shutting down completely)? or jit ust shuts down completely every time you turn off the car?
- when you save radio stations, can you save them by name or just frequency ?
- what happens with sound when you use the gps and you are listening to music/radio ?
- have you tried other apps than the stock ones for music, fm, gps, etc?
- is the screen birght enough? can you dim it ?
- what is the time that the gps needs to position?
- when the unit boots up, is it playing the same than when it was shut down?
- Is there any sound coming out from the unit (probably it can only happen with the radio) before you see the main screen? or you have to turn radio on each time?
- what about bluetooth ? is the contacts list stored on the headunit? can you search contacts? How is the sound during a call? Have you tried A2DP?
Hope it is not too much
Thanks a lot !