FORUMS

[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 669
 
By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st October 2012, 02:02 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173
 
More
It seems you are correct. The sensor reading is only updated when pressing the refresh button, it seems...

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

It should already do that. It sounds like your light sensor is reporting 0 lux initially. Can you confirm this by changing the brightness of the 0 lux value to something like 45%, and see if that's what gets set?

Cheers.

Seems you're right, it's working as described.

Interestingly, I don't have this problem with Velis Autobrightness, it seems to do something differently. Any ideas?
21st October 2012, 02:03 PM |#32  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash5000

It seems you are correct. The sensor reading is only updated when pressing the refresh button, it seems...

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------



Seems you're right, it's working as described.

Interestingly, I don't have this problem with Velis Autobrightness, it seems to do something differently. Any ideas?

It may be a bug. I'm taking a look now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
21st October 2012, 02:07 PM |#33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Uploaded update to Play Store! Free version update coming soon.

Root based integration into OS fails due to "insufficient space in /system/app"...

although there is more than 500MB free space

(Samsung Galaxy S3 running stock JB XXDLJ1 ROM with latest Galaxsih custom kernel)
21st October 2012, 02:37 PM |#34  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
I'm using a third party library for OS integration. I'll update it for the next release.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
21st October 2012, 02:47 PM |#35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 207
 
More
Root integration fails on my stock/rooted Verizon Galaxy S3. Superuser does have Lux as allowed. See another GS3 user with this problem, so hopefully you can fix it quickly.

Once it works, will root integration allow me to turn off persistent notification and still not get Lux killed ever? That would be great.

Also, can you explain what the new ascending mode is as compared to dynamic that I've been using?
21st October 2012, 02:52 PM |#36  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor

Root integration fails on my stock/rooted Verizon Galaxy S3. Superuser does have Lux as allowed. See another GS3 user with this problem, so hopefully you can fix it quickly.

Once it works, will root integration allow me to turn off persistent notification and still not get Lux killed ever? That would be great.

Also, can you explain what the new ascending mode is as compared to dynamic that I've been using?

Integration means Lux can never get killed, because it becomes a system app. Of course, you should only do this if you really need to (hence it being in advanced settings). So yeah, you can remove the notification if you integrate it.

Ascending mode is similar to dynamic mode, but it will only ever adjust brightness upward. The advantage is that you don't get jitter (for crappy sensors), and it won't constantly adjust if you're constantly moving in and our of shadows (e.g. on a train). Whenever your phone resumes from standby, it'll re-adjust to the current environment, then only change upward again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
21st October 2012, 03:09 PM |#37  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 207
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

I'm using a third party library for OS integration. I'll update it for the next release.

Any ETA on this? Days? Weeks? Really looking forward to getting rid of the notification icon.
21st October 2012, 03:34 PM |#38  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor

Any ETA on this? Days? Weeks? Really looking forward to getting rid of the notification icon.

Days. I want to make sure it works properly before releasing it, given it touches the /system/ partition and all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
21st October 2012, 03:41 PM |#39  
bleuxeon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Near COGNAC (FR)
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
2 Quick questions :
- GSam Battery Monitor reports that Lux makes wide use of gyroscope
How does gyroscope helps Lux?

- On Galaxy S2 the sensor reports 1lx while your eyes can still cleary see arround...
Could it be possible to add a fonction in Lux that would switch to camera reading when light sensor has reach its lower limit?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-21-15-32-38.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1419259  
21st October 2012, 03:55 PM |#40  
Christiancs1969's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417
 
Donate to Me
More
Update nice

s2 aopk 412 dori 74 pp
21st October 2012, 04:04 PM |#41  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuxeon

2 Quick questions :
- GSam Battery Monitor reports that Lux makes wide use of gyroscope
How does gyroscope helps Lux?

- On Galaxy S2 the sensor reports 1lx while your eyes can still cleary see arround...
Could it be possible to add a fonction in Lux that would switch to camera reading when light sensor has reach its lower limit?

Thanks

1. I have no idea what's causing that. There's no reference to any Gyroscope within the code. :/
2. That was my original plan, but I'm still not happy with the experiments I've done. Maybe in a future update.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes