Fast Chargers

Search This thread

ephumuris

Dec 7, 2008
Hull
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Any ideas on where to get a UK plug fast charger? I hear the Mate 8 plug works for fast charging.

I guess I won't even be able to find a car charger as well so my old fast chargers are useless now!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Jul 26, 2016
Charger included is "slow charge" 1A. Device is capable of 2A (not "fast charge")

Hi, I am planning to buy this phone and the only thing holding me back is the slow charging time with stock 1A charger
Your comment provides some hope that phone can handle 2A [emoji846]
Is this your experience/observation or you found reference of this capability online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sub1zero

Jan 2, 2014
Belgrade
Hi, I am planning to buy this phone and the only thing holding me back is the slow charging time with stock 1A charger
Is this your experience/observation or you found reference of this capability online?

I found this
Although the Huawei P9 lite can receive two amps and 10 watts of power from a charger, Huawei includes only a one amp and five watt power supply with the P9 lite, which results in rather slow loading times.
https://www.androidpit.com/huawei-p9-lite-review

Reactions: Lieutenantdaan
Jul 26, 2016
I found this
Although the Huawei P9 lite can receive two amps and 10 watts of power from a charger, Huawei includes only a one amp and five watt power supply with the P9 lite, which results in rather slow loading times.
Thanks
This is promising
However, couple of users have replied in other threads that phone doesn't charge any faster with 2A charger
If only someone who had this device could actually test and confirm...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sub1zero

Jan 2, 2014
Belgrade
Thanks
This is promising
However, couple of users have replied in other threads that phone doesn't charge any faster with 2A charger

If i understand for proper charging you need 2A charger and 2A capable USB. I ordered from ebay OEM Huawei 2A 5V charger and 2A 5V capable USB (Nikilin) just to test will it work.

Reactions: Lieutenantdaan
Jul 26, 2016
If i understand for proper charging you need 2A charger and 2A capable USB. I ordered from ebay OEM Huawei 2A 5V charger and 2A 5V capable USB (Nikilin) just to test will it work.
Great
Though I think any 2A charger and cable could probably work
Better be safe and use Huawei charger and best cable as you mentioned above
Do share your findings please...

Jul 26, 2016
Hi I've ordered a 2.4A charger (ravpower) but with ampere app I see it charges slower than the original one, the same using a 2.4 powerbank
Is this phone compatible with 2.0A charging or you need the original huawei 2.0 charger?
@Bumblecito can you please check how much charges with the mate 8 charger? Thanks

I think this phone can't take more than 1A
@Bumblecito confirmed the same in his post that Huawei mate 8 charger made no difference to charging time

M

Meticulus

I spend a lot of time reviewing the dmesg output from the kernel and I have often seen mention an "FCC Limit" during charging. It is possible that the kernel is imposing a "limit" to be FCC compliant... Just a thought... ;)

Jul 26, 2016
I spend a lot of time reviewing the dmesg output from the kernel and I have often seen mention an "FCC Limit" during charging. It is possible that the kernel is imposing a "limit" to be FCC compliant... Just a thought... ;)
Interesting, is kernel source code releases by huawei? In that case someone could have a look...

lukesan

May 1, 2009
What I am seeing and measuring is that mine, the 3GB dual sim model, max current draw is 1.08 Amp.
This is the max the device will charge at no matter what if you connect a quick charge ... even a nuclear powerplant that can provide a billion Amps at 5V as long as the kernel or charging circuit is like now. A bit painful but I find the battery life to be good. Good enough so it won't be a deal breaker.
I've had phones that died while using the GPS in the car and on a charger, this one doesn't if you use a quality charger and cable.

Reactions: Rylo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I own a Mate 8 and I tried with the quick charger on P9 Lite and it's just charging normal
    It's not a feature the quick charge on the P9 Lite. Hardware it's not there...

I found this
    Thanks
    This is promising

What a pity...but why in the reviews say that it can handle up to 2A?
    I was also misled by the same reviews and raised this query on xda
    Several members have now confirmed it is limited to 1A
    Guess those were just incorrect reviews...[emoji53]