HTC Evo Shift root tools

Search This thread

eugeneeaster18

Jun 17, 2013
Charlotte
I believe that the exploit ShiftRR uses was patched a while ago.

Sent from my S3 on Sense 5 (you jelly?)

When I used your tool, after I went through all the steps, I was still on android 2.3.4 without root. Is there something I'm doing wrong. I'm new to HTC devices so could my a noober guide? Thanks

Sent from my PG06100 using xda app-developers app

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I believe that the exploit ShiftRR uses was patched a while ago.

Sent from my S3 on Sense 5 (you jelly?)
Correct. ShiftRR only works for 2.2 .

When I used your tool, after I went through all the steps, I was still on android 2.3.4 without root. Is there something I'm doing wrong. I'm new to HTC devices so could my a noober guide? Thanks

Re-read everything and take your time. One small mistake can throw the whole process off.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

eugeneeaster18

Jun 17, 2013
Charlotte
Correct. ShiftRR only works for 2.2 .

Re-read everything and take your time. One small mistake can throw the whole process off.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Okay so this time I used shift rootility and got a bootloop, which was a good sign. But when I got to the last step where you boot into the bootloader, the pg06img.zip didn't load. Just said check...[pg06img.zip] and then went back to hboot. I really am stuck

eugeneeaster18

Jun 17, 2013
Charlotte
I don't know if this is the problem or not but I have an sd card that reads so slowly that when I try to change recoveries the bootloader won't pick up the pg06img.zip file. All I have to do when that happens is use a better quality sd card and then it's fine. Hopefully it's as easy as that.

Yeah, that maight be it, goin to get another cause ive had this one for about a 2 years.

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Okay so this time I used shift rootility and got a bootloop, which was a good sign. But when I got to the last step where you boot into the bootloader, the pg06img.zip didn't load. Just said check...[pg06img.zip] and then went back to hboot. I really am stuck

First thing is to make sure the file is named correctly. It should be " PG06IMG.zip " . The other thing is to make sure that your SD Card formatted to FAT32 .

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Reactions: eugeneeaster18

eugeneeaster18

Jun 17, 2013
Charlotte
First thing is to make sure the file is named correctly. It should be " PG06IMG.zip " . The other thing is to make sure that your SD Card formatted to FAT32 .

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Yeah did so today, and bought a new sdcard, same thing.. but this time it didnt bootloop. Tried 5 times, everything is named correctly and all. I think ima just sell it on ebay because i think its unrootable and its hell of makin me mad. Ive tried all the guides and everything, repeatedly. But i have one question, did it have to run android 2.2 in the past cause my phone was made after the 2.3.4 update?, it says VTO 09/10/12

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
In order to use the Root Exploit, you must be on 2.2 . I wouldn't give up just yet. I've had Shifts in the past that were difficult to Root. Once done it is worth it. Plus you can then run pretty much whatever you want. There are a lot of Roms for it :) .

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

vtsnaab

Nov 24, 2015
I realize this is an ancient subject & thread, but we have just gotten a very nice EVO Shift that works perfectly.
It was never rooted though and was upgraded.
I have managed to find most of the tools to downgrade & root it, but not the ShiftRR tool.
The site it was originally on is now a fake site that tries to install malware on visitors' PCs.
Does anyone here still have this tool to share privately so that I can proceed ??
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know if this is the problem or not but I have an sd card that reads so slowly that when I try to change recoveries the bootloader won't pick up the pg06img.zip file. All I have to do when that happens is use a better quality sd card and then it's fine. Hopefully it's as easy as that.

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11