Samsung Focus Update to 8107 available with WP7 Root Tools

Search This thread

mywhiteside

Jul 9, 2010
Mexicali
Hi!

I posted this in here because i can't post in Development because i'm a noob (less than 10 posts).

The update 8107 is already available for Samsung Focus i917R (Rogers) so what i did are the next steps:

1.- Jailbroke my AT&T Handset.
2.- Installed WP7 Root Tools from this site.
3.- Changed the values ATT-US to ROG-CA using the WP7 Root Tools on the next path:

Local Machine\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\MobileOperator

After the update i restored to ATT-US just in case, my device is Unlocked to any GSM and is working great, even the ear speaker sounds better (IMO) still is Jailbroken and is on 8107.

Picture on the 4th post :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: irfanindian

mywhiteside

Jul 9, 2010
Mexicali
Here is the screenshot :)

Attachments

• sca.jpg
    sca.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 642

irfanindian

Jan 3, 2012
Does the update delete all the apps/settings on the phone ? I mean do I need to take a back up and all ?

Btw, I've added your first thanks !

Sierra76

Nov 11, 2011
The trick no longer needed I guess. My Roger's Focus updated to 8107 via Zune today. I just plugged it in, and thats it.

pslleung

Nov 20, 2011
Will this update disable internet sharing? As I update vis Zune and turned out to lose the internet sharing functionality, and I need to run a system restore in the end.

Last edited:

TheKrayze

Aug 31, 2009
these steps worked will. easy. the update took a while. it said I was going to update to 7440, but when right to 8701. oh well, how can I complain. just happy an am up to date. I changed the key back to att-us. looking forward to tango now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

I posted this in here because i can't post in Development because i'm a noob (less than 10 posts).

The update 8107 is already available for Samsung Focus i917R (Rogers) so what i did are the next steps:

1.- Jailbroke my AT&T Handset.
    2.- Installed WP7 Root Tools from this site.
    3.- Changed the values ATT-US to ROG-CA using the WP7 Root Tools on the next path:

Local Machine\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\MobileOperator

After the update i restored to ATT-US just in case, my device is Unlocked to any GSM and is working great, even the ear speaker sounds better (IMO) still is Jailbroken and is on 8107.

Picture on the 4th post :)

Thanks!