FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ac adapter says push up?

217 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By xdmds, Senior Member on 7th July 2011, 03:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
The manual also shows the adapter in 2 parts but when i push in the direction thtis labeled on the adapter it doesnt seem to budge. What is it supposed to become after being detached?

7th July 2011, 03:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Don't get curious. Originally the charger came as two pieces which you can see by looking at the lines separating the two.

It was the flat part with the prongs and the big part with the USB socket. You had to push them together and slide to lock them in place and then use it.

Apparently this was causing broken tabs or maybe they thought it was too hard for some people to do correctly so the recent batches have had both pieces attached to each other straight out of the box.

I'm pretty sure you can still separate them but I might be wrong. They might have glued them in place. Not sure why they would do that. Don't take it apart because you just might **** it up and regret doing so.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tubular For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tubular Ad-Free
7th July 2011, 03:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
You should follow Tubular advice...

Mine also came already attached, and I wouldn't bother fiddling with it unless you want risk suffering the same problems other have experimented with their chargers.

Regards.
7th July 2011, 03:58 PM |#4  
Flag linux command line
Thanks Meter: 722

More
I took one apart and it's pretty stiff. you push firmly in the direction of the arrow, but it will only move a little bit, then you slide the two pieces apart. there is really no need to take them apart unless you are moving to another country and are going to permanently convert the plug. the tabs inside look kinda fragile, so it's hardly worth the risk.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)