[Recovery/Bootstrap][5-sep-2012] CWM Touch recovery v6.0.1.1

Search This thread

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Touch enabled ClockWorkMod for LG Optimus 4X HD 4.0.3 ONLY

NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LG EARLY BETA v20a WITH Android OS 4.1.2

ClockWorkMod recovery based on http://builder.clockworkmod.com but of course not using a boot.img here, but a raw ramdisk copy of it.

Todo's
  • A bootup check function, on external sdcard, for a _boot direct to recovery_ in case you
    cannot get regular apps opened, this might be a way to boot recovery in bootloop cases.

HOWTO install
  • UPDATES: if you are installing an update , remember to press install recovery again, so the changes take effect.
  • Get your o4x root'd, follow this guide here
  • make sure busybox is installed correctly and all commands are available in /system/xbin (normally part of rooting installation)
  • Download the attached zip to this post
  • extract the apk from inside the downloaded zip file.
  • install the LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery apk on your mobile
  • after installation reboot mobile once (if you do not, the app might fail installing recovery)
  • start the LG 4X Recovery app
  • press - Install recovery - grant superuser access when prompted
  • wait for success OK, if it fails, something is wrong or SU is not properly installed or denied su access. you should set permissions to granted for this app
  • after successfull installation, you can press boot recovery and boot into the clockworkmod recovery and make your backups or install custom roms
  • when you do a backup, remember that CWM v6.0.1.1 got a bug, so you need to specifically chose backup to external sdcard for now.

ChangeLog
05-sep-2012
- uses latest boot base from v10f (OPEN edition), but not much changed
-Found issue with unmount of /system and other filesystems during start of clockworkMod, making it hard to restore backup.
all filesystems are now properly unmounted and services stopped which could use it.
- for adb users, unplug usb cable once, to re-activate adb connection when cwm starts.

current issues
backup to internal sdcard location is not working , use backup to EXTERNAL sdcard (problem is the link in / which point to /mnt/sdcard)

(FIXED in v1.1) factory reset/restore backup - if you restore a backup or factory reset, it will also wipe your internal storage/sdcard location. as LG have chosen to use part of internal store on same partition.
so where possible, always copy your internal storage files to a safe location
(Koush removed this option in v6.0.1.1)external sdcard - mount usb - currently shares only external sdcard storage to pc.
general notes
It is to assume, that anything restored from a backup, will include any 4X clockwork recovery, as this is located on your system partition.
so its always good to install the newest apk, after a restore of your backup.​

snapshots of recovery running on LG Optimus 4X HD
menu2wp.jpg
menu3n.jpg

information on the technical solution used
  • The bootstrap solution used to run ClockWorkMod is based on the 2nd-init function , which has been around for some time now.
  • Additional functions are used here, based on services started and building small changes into the unsecure ramdisk, so we get the full functionality of our device.
  • For those technical users, wanting to use my work, just remember to mention where you got it, and i have no problems with others using scripts.
  • It's also important when booted into recovery, that you restart adb (adb usb) to get full root access.
  • as this recovery is not started from a clean bootup, some cleanup jobs are required for those, that MIGHT do a custom rom.
    i have seen with my works in progress, that jellybean and htc roms use different services and those needs to be included in the bootmeny/bootrecovery script to stop and cleanup what ever service started originally. so when/if someone makes a different rom, remember to update the bootmenu scripts, which i guess you know how to change if you do customroms.

Attachments

• LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery-v1.0.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 11,665
  • LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery-v1.1.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 13,988
  • LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery-v1.2.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 28,289
Last edited:

hkhkhkhk

Aug 31, 2011
Just like my old milestone
Bootloader is locked so restore from recovery is the only method of using custom roms...

Reactions: kieuphongati

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Ok,
i am almost ready with the complete package for recovery install (NO root install or similar)

requirements will be that you got o4x root'd to run this installer properly.
Since we got no key detect function in bootup(missing in kernel) available or binary app to extract a keypress, this app will need to run to activate recovery at next boot. thats the solution for now.

ill return with the app installer soon

OTOGY2002

Apr 17, 2007
ITALY
Ok,
i am almost ready with the complete package for recovery install (NO root install or similar)

Since we got no key detect function in bootup(missing in kernel) available or binary app to extract a keypress, this app will need to run to activate recovery at next boot. thats the solution for now.

Thanks Dexter,you're GREAT:good:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
First ALPHA-BETA release in post #1

First release is now attached in post #1 .

do note, this can be experimental based on how users get root'd their mobile, if they did not follow guides or experimented.
but generally it should be ok,

i have tested backup/restore and all looks good for now.

its VERY important, you do not just factory reset or restore a backup, since internal storage is mapped to /data/media location, and you will loose all your stored files here. so backup those files before you start restoring or a factory reset as both functions will format data partition.

Last edited:

m0b

Apr 14, 2010
Kiev
I've inattentively read the instructions and do not reboot before install recovery and now have bootloop

Code:
E/ThermalDaemon(  162): waiting for boot complete
E/NetdConnector(  258): Communications error
E/NetdConnector(  258): java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at android.net.LocalSocketImpl.connectLocal(Native Method)
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at android.net.LocalSocketImpl.connect(LocalSocketImpl.java:238)
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at android.net.LocalSocket.connect(LocalSocket.java:98)
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnector.listenToSocket(NativeDaemonConnector.java:119)
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnector.run(NativeDaemonConnector.java:88)
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)
E/NetdConnector(  258): Error in NativeDaemonConnector
E/NetdConnector(  258): java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at android.net.LocalSocketImpl.connectLocal(Native Method)
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at android.net.LocalSocketImpl.connect(LocalSocketImpl.java:238)
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at android.net.LocalSocket.connect(LocalSocket.java:98)
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnector.listenToSocket(NativeDaemonConnector.java:119)
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnector.run(NativeDaemonConnector.java:88)
E/NetdConnector(  258):         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

Can i fix it without reflashing?

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I've inattentively read the instructions and do not reboot before install recovery and now have bootloop
?

yes.
if you can "su -" it will be ok.
then
0. su -
1. mount -orw,remount /system
2 mv /system/bin/netd.bin /system/bin/netd

thats the problem. netd is not ok.
Can i fix it without reflashing

Reactions: m0b

atipon

Nov 13, 2009
Bangkok
Recovery on system partition, that's brilliant.
I'm new with 2nd init, try to read about it so may be I can help somehow.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Recovery on system partition, that's brilliant.
I'm new with 2nd init, try to read about it so may be I can help somehow.

any help is appreciated, its not easy to test and get around all the stupid things LG invented here. they more we resolve, less of it will be added if they find it worthless to do :) (nahh, but sounds good)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Touch enabled ClockWorkMod for LG Optimus 4X HD 4.0.3 ONLY

NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LG EARLY BETA v20a WITH Android OS 4.1.2

ClockWorkMod recovery based on http://builder.clockworkmod.com but of course not using a boot.img here, but a raw ramdisk copy of it.

Todo's
    • A bootup check function, on external sdcard, for a _boot direct to recovery_ in case you
      cannot get regular apps opened, this might be a way to boot recovery in bootloop cases.

HOWTO install
    • UPDATES: if you are installing an update , remember to press install recovery again, so the changes take effect.
    • Get your o4x root'd, follow this guide here
    • make sure busybox is installed correctly and all commands are available in /system/xbin (normally part of rooting installation)
    • Download the attached zip to this post
    • extract the apk from inside the downloaded zip file.
    • install the LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery apk on your mobile
    • after installation reboot mobile once (if you do not, the app might fail installing recovery)
    • start the LG 4X Recovery app
    • press - Install recovery - grant superuser access when prompted
    • wait for success OK, if it fails, something is wrong or SU is not properly installed or denied su access. you should set permissions to granted for this app
    • after successfull installation, you can press boot recovery and boot into the clockworkmod recovery and make your backups or install custom roms
    • when you do a backup, remember that CWM v6.0.1.1 got a bug, so you need to specifically chose backup to external sdcard for now.

ChangeLog
    05-sep-2012
    - uses latest boot base from v10f (OPEN edition), but not much changed
    -Found issue with unmount of /system and other filesystems during start of clockworkMod, making it hard to restore backup.
    all filesystems are now properly unmounted and services stopped which could use it.
    - for adb users, unplug usb cable once, to re-activate adb connection when cwm starts.

current issues
    backup to internal sdcard location is not working , use backup to EXTERNAL sdcard (problem is the link in / which point to /mnt/sdcard)

(FIXED in v1.1) factory reset/restore backup - if you restore a backup or factory reset, it will also wipe your internal storage/sdcard location. as LG have chosen to use part of internal store on same partition.
    so where possible, always copy your internal storage files to a safe location
    (Koush removed this option in v6.0.1.1)external sdcard - mount usb - currently shares only external sdcard storage to pc.
    general notes
    It is to assume, that anything restored from a backup, will include any 4X clockwork recovery, as this is located on your system partition.
    so its always good to install the newest apk, after a restore of your backup.​

snapshots of recovery running on LG Optimus 4X HD
    menu2wp.jpg
    menu3n.jpg

information on the technical solution used
    • The bootstrap solution used to run ClockWorkMod is based on the 2nd-init function , which has been around for some time now.
    • Additional functions are used here, based on services started and building small changes into the unsecure ramdisk, so we get the full functionality of our device.
    • For those technical users, wanting to use my work, just remember to mention where you got it, and i have no problems with others using scripts.
    • It's also important when booted into recovery, that you restart adb (adb usb) to get full root access.
    • as this recovery is not started from a clean bootup, some cleanup jobs are required for those, that MIGHT do a custom rom.
      i have seen with my works in progress, that jellybean and htc roms use different services and those needs to be included in the bootmeny/bootrecovery script to stop and cleanup what ever service started originally. so when/if someone makes a different rom, remember to update the bootmenu scripts, which i guess you know how to change if you do customroms.
    Ok,

reserved for future
    First ALPHA-BETA release in post #1

First release is now attached in post #1 .

do note, this can be experimental based on how users get root'd their mobile, if they did not follow guides or experimented.
    but generally it should be ok,

i have tested backup/restore and all looks good for now.

its VERY important, you do not just factory reset or restore a backup, since internal storage is mapped to /data/media location, and you will loose all your stored files here. so backup those files before you start restoring or a factory reset as both functions will format data partition.
    i am working on how to get recovery started and it ain't that easy.

as you know security meassures taken by LG was quite high, so even key chord triggers from boot is disabled in the kernel, so we cannot activate by any keys for now.