[RUU] Official 2.31.651.7 in ZIP Format, Flashable from Fastboot

Search This thread

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
YES it will :) however you need to make sure your s off using the eng.spl and do this via hboot if your wifes not s off im pretty sure theres the official ruu.exe floating around here somewhere and you can just run it on a computer and when she does that she wont be rooted anymore and shell be up to date on all the latest sprint software updates. also if you cant find the newest ruu i have a link for the older 2.27 one and u can run that and just update everything on the phone like normal.

Last edited:

Houndog101

Feb 16, 2011
Fallston, Md.
As the title says, here's the Rom.zip extracted from RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.31.651.7_signed_release.exe for those that don't use Windows, or prefer to have their RUU in zip format.
This will flash your phone to 2.31.651.7 STOCK.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m6x4sr682ruk027

1. Simply rename this to HERCIMG.zip and place on the root of your SDCard.
  2. Power your phone completely off.
  3. Press and Hold VOL DOWN and POWER until your phone boots into HBoot mode.
  4. Wait for it to verify the zip, then click <ACTION> (Trackball) to update, or <SEND> (Green Call) to cancel.

Enjoy!

Here's my guide to rooting .7:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=804296

My phone is looking for HERCDIAG.ZIP . whats up with that ? Thanks.:confused:

Mar 5, 2009
I see red people.
So this will get my wife's phone back to stock ROM, right?

YES it will :) however you need to make sure your s off using the eng.spl and do this via hboot if your wifes not s off im pretty sure theres the official ruu.exe floating around here somewhere and you can just run it on a computer and when she does that she wont be rooted anymore and shell be up to date on all the latest sprint software updates. also if you cant find the newest ruu i have a link for the older 2.27 one and u can run that and just update everything on the phone like normal.

Just want to report that this HERCIMG does not need s-off to run (see post #2). I recently was stuck in a splash screen bootloop that would only return me to the recovery screen. I flashed the original recovery, which didn't help, then lost fastboot-usb mode, so I was basically hosed. I could get to bootloader, so I put this HERCIMG on the sdcard and booted into a s-on bootloader. It flashed this zip perfectly. Took me back to stock .7 with no root, and I am alive today to witness the miracle.

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Probably can but I recommend Ra 1.7 or 1.6. Also I recommend flashing darchs eng-spl.

Edit after reading jm's post I have to edit this. You will need to flash either darch's eng-spl or reg's spl to flash this from hboot. You recovery wont matter if you have an eng-spl. My bad on not clearing that up. After reading jm's post it made sense to me as to what I think you were trying to do with this file. If you need any help just shoot me a pm. You can find both of the mods I'm referring to in the hero dev-thread. Good luck.

Root/Hack-Mod_Always *

Last edited:
Finally ruued and updated everything (and got the new .65 pri) and it fixed my intermittent rom flashing issues I have gotten. It looks like I might not need to use "fixflash" anymore to check for corrupted files during the flash. I was actually able to flash 4/29 w/ gapps and advanced data restore of a nandroid flawlessly and at once.
TGIF! Now that was a movie!

Flashing IS a gateway drug!

mrtimo

Feb 13, 2010
Background: Using Stock 1.5 which I think is rooted with Fresh Kitchen (which is why it is not working with standard sprint .exe RUU) - trying to upgrade to any version besides 1.5 so I can install ROM Manager to flash a recovery (ROM Manager does not run on 1.5). Is there any type of "ROM Manager" that I can flash on 1.5?

Followed directions in first post and its not working. Using HBOOT-1.41.0000 with the three androids on skateboards at the bottom.

Scans for HERCIMG.zip and it says no image... tried changing HERCIMG from .ZIP to .zip and still did not fix it. Not sure if I have s-on or s-off.

So my basic problem is: I have a rooted 1.5 that needs 1.6 or higher so I can install ROM Manager to flash a recovery... any other simple way to flash a recovery on 1.5? If not, why isnt this RUU working? THANKS!

rb3

Oct 17, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Background: Using Stock 1.5 which I think is rooted with Fresh Kitchen (which is why it is not working with standard sprint .exe RUU) - trying to upgrade to any version besides 1.5 so I can install ROM Manager to flash a recovery (ROM Manager does not run on 1.5). Is there any type of "ROM Manager" that I can flash on 1.5?

Followed directions in first post and its not working. Using HBOOT-1.41.0000 with the three androids on skateboards at the bottom.

Scans for HERCIMG.zip and it says no image... tried changing HERCIMG from .ZIP to .zip and still did not fix it. Not sure if I have s-on or s-off.

So my basic problem is: I have a rooted 1.5 that needs 1.6 or higher so I can install ROM Manager to flash a recovery... any other simple way to flash a recovery on 1.5? If not, why isnt this RUU working? THANKS!

I had a problem with trying to flash this as well. What worked for me and a few others was formatting the sd card. I tried everything under the sun to get my hero to recognize the zip. Then I formatted booted up and it found it right away. Might be worth a shot to at least eliminate the card as a problem.

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN

just flash a recovery using ADB, or terminal.

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
our gratitude is well deserved man, this will help alot of us out of that occational jam. thanks

miggsr

Feb 3, 2011
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
Hi ppl small situation I put the zip in the root of my SD and got to hboot still it didn't read the img zip not sure wat else to any suggestions plz pm me I gotta bring phone in for repair in the morning

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA Premium App

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Also if you rename it in windows don't put the .zip on the end. If you do android will read it as .zip.zip just name it HERCIMG or hercimg and place it in the root of your sd as in not in any folders. Then press and hold volume down button then press power. It should read it. Hope this helps.

#Root/Hack-Mod_Always*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As the title says, here's the Rom.zip extracted from RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.31.651.7_signed_release.exe for those that don't use Windows, or prefer to have their RUU in zip format.
    This will flash your phone to 2.31.651.7 STOCK.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m6x4sr682ruk027

1. Simply rename this to HERCIMG.zip and place on the root of your SDCard.
    2. Power your phone completely off.
    3. Press and Hold VOL DOWN and POWER until your phone boots into HBoot mode.
    4. Wait for it to verify the zip, then click <ACTION> (Trackball) to update, or <SEND> (Green Call) to cancel.

Enjoy!

Here's my guide to rooting .7:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=804296
    Personally..I want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

I have spent the last four hours searching for this. This needs to be stickied. I'm bookmarking it for sure. This got my phone unbricked..I thought all hope was lost and I would have to call in for warranty support (I got mine refurbed through Sprint last October..so I don't even know if I would still have any warranty support), and see if I could try my luck and getting it replaced, since that is what others have said to do as apparently this file from OP, did not exist.

And so for future reference, so that others don't go mindlessly searching through the forums.

If you
    a.) Managed to overwrite your Recovery some how or completely delete it. (I did..and from searching this and many other forums over the past couple hours..I can see I wasn't the only one), and also have no boot (or a corrupted boot loop)
    b.) Still have S-ON (You can find this out by powering off your phone and then pressing and holding the power button and the lower volume button), I recommend you turn S-Off for future reference if you're going to be dealing with customer ROMs a lot (so you don't have to go through the hell I just did..). See here..
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759955
    c.) Have an updated Hboot (1.47) (you can also find this info. in part b.)

....then you KNOW that you are stuck. Because you
    a.) Cannot flash a ROM in Recovery because you cannot access it.
    b.) You cannot access ADB because your phone won't go that far and will only go into fastboot..
    c.) But even though you have access to fastboot you can't do ANYTHING like flash a recovery image or a ROM..or anything for that matter..because S is still ON. (this is the "not allow" messages you will see pop up.)
    d.) You have bootloader 1.47 so if you for example, were like me couldn't use this file here.. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=657086), because it would say there was a newer version and wouldn't install it.

So this file right here..was the only thing getting my phone back to a usable state. And considering that my searches have shown to pretty much give up all hope and have it sent it for warranty repair, then I think this thread deserves a bump for all those that have screwed up.

Yeah..I have to start ALL OVER now from a stock ROM (thank god for nandroid), but at least my phone isn't a dead brick.

Just thought this needed a well deserved bump.
    Try this out, if you can still boot into android enough to use adb.

Download this HERCIMG.zip (it is the 2.31.651.7 RUU zip that I extracted from the RUU, and put on my server)

Keep this HERCIMG.zip on your computer. Remember the path to it.
    Connect the phone to the computer, USB debugging enabled.
    then type
    Code:
    adb shell reboot oem-78

then once the phone settles, you should see the response "OK" in the cmd prompt.

Then type
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    to make sure your phone is in fact recognized.

Then you need to type this into cmd

Code:
    fastboot flash zip pathToHERCIMG.zip
    with the "pathToHERCIMG.zip" being the entire path to your hercimg.zip on your computer, surrounded by " " if there are any spaces in the path. This command will give you verbose output on what it is doing. It sends the zip to the phone (which may take a while, sometimes up to 4 minutes) then checks signatures and if all is well begins verifying images and flashing. If there are any errors, it will tell you exactly what went wrong. After it is complete, type
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    to reboot the phone. This will give you stock 2.31.651.7 firmware, just as it came from sprint. Then use my Hero Rooter to root it and give you a custom recovery. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, go ahead and pm me or just post here. Either way, I'll be here to help out!
    I tried flashing almost ever sense rom on here pmgrands port, ninfintes stock odex and deodex and his apps 2 sd builds he has like 4 or 6 different builds. Tried flashing liquids builds beta and stable. All gave me a error. So I had to use this. I couldn't flash any sense rom
    and it was easier to use this than try to figure out y. If he can flash a sense rom then yea that's the easier way but if not this is a for sure way to get back to stock.

Yea it's me Again. With the
    Modified .HERO.
    Thank you, gentlemen. I tried what you suggested, R-N, but I can't get into the phone at all. It does appear to recognize adb, as Jason's commands work ( "adb reboot bootloader" and "fastboot oem rebootRUU" to send me into fastboot) but when I get that far I try to flash his hercimg and I get (remote 43 main version check fail). When I attempt your fix R-N (the ...oem-78) it says daemon started succesfully, but then exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2)

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Tried things a bit differently, but still no go. I went into fastboot usb, typed "fastboot devices", was recognized, directed it to flash the zip I had put on C, but the response after sending 'zip' was "FAILED (remote: not allow)"

Hey Rev, it's been awhile. Sorry to see you're having issues. Trust me, if the two who are helping you can't get it going, it's a lost cause. A few months back Laie rescued my Hero from the depths of brickdom. If you can't get this fixed, I still have my old Hero just sitting in a bag. I'm not gonna use it and you're more than welcome to have it. I cleaned it out with laie's RUU, and it's back to stock; clean ESN. I moved on to the E3d and have a SGN for work, so I'm well past the Hero stage. PM me and lemme know if you want it.