[Q] Stuck loading, but have some access

Search This thread

mgs991099a

Dec 19, 2009
Seattle
Some background information: I originally had CM10 with TWRP on my 16GB TouchPad. I decided I wanted 4.4 on the TP, so I installed EverVolv on it. Things were working OK up to this point. I booted into WebOS and installed Tailor, changed the partition from 400 to 600 MB (just being careful and all, and things were OK). While in WebOS, I also placed a CM11 nightly on it, the KitKat GApps package, and ClockworkMod, so that when I rebooted, I could go about flashing CM11 on it. This is where things got weird. CWM flashed OK, but I can't get the nightly or the GApps package to flash, nor can I get the TP to mount to USB via CWM or boot into WebOS (It stays at the HP orb, and I've waited over 30 minutes with it there) so I can't get access to it and WebOSDoctor isn't working on my computer (not sure what the problem is there).

Questions: Have I completely screwed this thing up? Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do to get it working again?

Thanks!

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
In order for anyone to offer help you must be more specific about exactly what ROM were you trying to instal,evervol has 2 different types ie is it a data media build and what is the exact name of the recovery. The more information you can supply the easier it will be to analyse your problem.

mgs991099a

Dec 19, 2009
Seattle
In order for anyone to offer help you must be more specific about exactly what ROM were you trying to instal,evervol has 2 different types ie is it a data media build and what is the exact name of the recovery. The more information you can supply the easier it will be to analyse your problem.

It was EverVolv-Tenderloin-Testing-2014.03.24-nodatamedia that I had installed and worked.

mgs991099a

Dec 19, 2009
Seattle
I installed CWM touch 6.0.2.8, then I was going to install CWM 6.0.4.7 so that it would work with CM11. I currently have 6.0.2.8 flashed and can see it when I boot recovery (the only thing I can get into).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
I installed CWM touch 6.0.2.8, then I was going to install CWM 6.0.4.7 so that it would work with CM11. I currently have 6.0.2.8 flashed and can see it when I boot recovery (the only thing I can get into).

This is the recovery I installed for my upgrade from evervol non to the data media version with a clean install that allowed me to find everything, after i resized my partitions.
I hope this helps.

mgs991099a

Dec 19, 2009
Seattle
Unfortunately I can't get to anything but recovery mode for Android. I can't get into WebOS at all, nor can I access the touchpad with my computer (it's not being recognized).

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
Unfortunately I can't get to anything but recovery mode for Android. I can't get into WebOS at all, nor can I access the touchpad with my computer (it's not being recognized).

If you can not access webOS recovery, power + volume up/down in order to remove android and start again I am at a loss as to what to suggest next.

But the best of luck with your endeavours. I will keep my thinking cap on.

mgs991099a

Dec 19, 2009
Seattle
I can get to moboot and from there choose WebOS recovery, and get the USB symbol, but nothing else. When I plug it into my computer I don't get anything.

mgs991099a

Dec 19, 2009
Seattle
I was able to uninstall Android using ACMEUninstaller2, so I will try to see if I can get Android back on here... Hopefully I can!

EDIT: Well, I was able to get it uninstalled, but I can only get into the recoveries (either WebOS or Android). I can't get MTP access, so I can't place anything on the TP, nor can I boot into WebOS or Android (Android kicks me back out to moboot, WebOS will sit on the HP orb). Any help is appreciated.

I have also tried to run WebOS Doctor 3.05, and I get the following error:

Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar:
http://downloads.help.palm.com/webo...122012/wd305wifi/webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar

under Launch File, I get:
<jnlp spec="1.5+" codebase="http://downloads.help.palm.com/webosdoctor/rom/touchpad/p305rod01122012/wd305wifi" href="webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jnlp">
<information>
<title>HP webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build 88.86, webOS 3.0.5</title>
<vendor>HP</vendor>
<homepage href="www.hpwebos.com"/>
<description>HP webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build 88.86, webOS 3.0.5</description>
<icon href="icon.png"/>
<icon kind="splash" href="splash.jpg"/>
<offline-allowed/>
<shortcut online="true">
<desktop/>
</shortcut>
</information>
<update check="timeout" policy="always"/>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.5+"/>
<jar href="webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar"/>
</resources>
<application-desc main-class="com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.RecoveryTool"/>
</jnlp>

and under Exception I get:
java.lang.SecurityException: Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: http://downloads.help.palm.com/webo...122012/wd305wifi/webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Last edited:

mgs991099a

Dec 19, 2009
Seattle
It would appear that I have a brick now...I can't get it to turn off, it is frozen on the HP orb. I can reboot into WebOS recovery, but my computer doesn't see anything (I can use novacomd, I think). Any ideas on where to go from here?