gorilla glas? bull****!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
that is 99% true but 1% wrong. If a distributor is sourcing a really super flimsy product and they come to the realization that it is flimsy, if you bought one of these products and whatever is flimsy about it breaks, they'll likely process the RA on the product.

Ive seen wireless nas unit's with flimsy antenna return by customers all mangled, we told the customer that its almost next to impossible that the RA will be accepted, but to our surprise, the distributor replaced the product even though the damage was physical in nature. but yeah, its extremely rare, and i've never seen this sort of circumstance occur for any kind of display.

And in 99 percent of those times, they will issue a recall. Listen, my reply was mostly to poke at the OPs blast at Acer's build quality. However I stand behind my reasons lol

msimindlessmsi2

May 26, 2010
OnePlus 6T
Have you ever watched Gorilla Glass demo videos? I highly doubt the glass broke by itself. I always throw my tablet around and use the screen as a coaster and it still looks like new.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

gilduran

Oct 16, 2011
Where in the specs does it call out Gorilla Glass for the screen? I was checking this out earlier, after some douche on another forum was trashing the A500 for not having Gorilla Glass like the Transformer. Someone else went on to complain about the screen, yet according to both sites (acer & asus) both have wxga displays, and I'm willing to bet each are from the same screen vendor.

Sent from my Whatchamawhoozit Thingamajig, from the coffe shop down the street from your house.

qhorque

Dec 21, 2010
Have you ever watched Gorilla Glass demo videos? I highly doubt the glass broke by itself. I always throw my tablet around and use the screen as a coaster and it still looks like new.
It indeed does break. I have a friend, a 47 year old stay at home mom, who's one of the calmest nicest people you'll ever meet. She has a Droid X which definitely has Gorilla Glass. She popped it in her purse, went to the store, came home, took the phone out, and it was cracked.

She is no absent-minded teenager who treats their belongings poorly and did not swing her purse around wildly, dropped it on the parking lot cement, or forced the purse under her seat and moved the seat back and forth. She certainly doesn't treat it as poorly as you say you treat your A500.

It definitely broke.

The fact of the matter is that it's still glass and no glass is 100% perfect, including Gorilla Glass, and can contain flaws that allow them to fail.

Last edited:

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
I completely agree. I am not saying it cannot be broken, but what I am saying is that it will not break "just by itself", unless there are extreme temperature shifts.

AZKJS

Jul 16, 2011
Saint George, UT
I just had a freak out last weekend I live in southern utah. Its still reaching temps near 100°F in the noon day sun. I couldnt find my tablet when i woke up. Retracing my steps i eventually remembered having it with me the night before it was still on the dash board of my black mustang :eek: my first thought as i was running down the stairs to the 90°F out side weather is my car is at least 120°F inside on the dash. Sure enough it was hot as hell in there and my tablet was too.
Needless to say i took it inside to the 70°F ac cooled house.

Not one scratch no broke screen no problems at all. Thing was/is running fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought my tablet pre ordered. Back in April if I remember correctly. I have dropped it several times.left it in the van when it was above 100 deg temp.it works as well as the day I bought it.there has been others break the glass on thee tab.Its going to happen from time to time.Call acer tell then you did not damage it and it just broke on its own.They might help you.but this acer a500 is by far the best tablet of them all.
    Ranting in the forum might help get it off your chest.but will not fix your tablet.
    Good luck.
    i got my iconia a500 two month now and i cept it in a extra safe case, but for no reason it broke altough i didnt drop it on the floor or hit anything on it...so if this is called gorilla glas, this is realy **** material...even normal glas wouldnt break that easily...who else got a broken glas and how did it break?

PS: dont buy this ****ty a500, get a better one for example a asus or galaxy tab...i just recommend a better quality!!!!

Oh, yeah, I'm sure the glass broke all by itself from just sheer awesomeness while you were riding through the skies on your pink, fluffy, rainbow-****ting unicorn which also happens to play some mean ukulele!

I've dropped my tablet several times, I often place stuff on it when I'm too lazy to move it, I just slap it around, I don't have any kinds of screen protectors or cases or anything... and I still haven't gotten a SINGLE SCRATCH on it.

Btw, does your unicorn have any siblings? I could use one myself, too.
    My A500 instruction booklet clearly states that it's only Gorilla Glass if you're not a complete moron.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA Premium App
    Perhaps he thought this was gorilla glass...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZzoB6xBWOI