FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TELUS/Bell/Rogers Note 2 I317M users 4.3 update is here!

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 78
 
By bugs9477, Senior Member on 26th November 2013, 09:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
705.39MB

I'm not installing until the morning I'm too tired!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bugs9477 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bugs9477 Ad-Free
 
 
26th November 2013, 09:58 AM |#2  
bugs9477's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Penticton
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Also if any are concerned I was running cleanROM and rooted until recently, I am back to stock unrooted and done so by flashing latest Telus ROM from Sammobile thats it I am not aware of the triangle or flash counts state .... or what ever it is but I haven't done triangle away.

I got the update through the check for updates feature but wasn't notified of the update.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bugs9477 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bugs9477 Ad-Free
26th November 2013, 11:50 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Brantford
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Bell rolling it out too! Update is about 700 MB
The Following User Says Thank You to wallyg8r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wallyg8r Ad-Free
26th November 2013, 03:50 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Gatineau
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
My device says that I changed something so I cannot update anymore. I'll have to go the Odin route instead.
26th November 2013, 04:17 PM |#5  
shirazs's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs9477

Also if any are concerned I was running cleanROM and rooted until recently, I am back to stock unrooted and done so by flashing latest Telus ROM from Sammobile thats it I am not aware of the triangle or flash counts state .... or what ever it is but I haven't done triangle away.

I got the update through the check for updates feature but wasn't notified of the update.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks, I too am on Cleanrom on Rogers. So if I understand what you've done to get back to stock, simply download the official 4.1.2 for Rogers (in my case), install via ODIN and that will remove the root? I found the latest 4.3 for Rogers on Sammobile so I guess once I've downgraded to 4.1.2 I can ODIN the 4.3
26th November 2013, 04:30 PM |#6  
bugs9477's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Penticton
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirazs

Thanks, I too am on Cleanrom on Rogers. So if I understand what you've done to get back to stock, simply download the official 4.1.2 for Rogers (in my case), install via ODIN and that will remove the root? I found the latest 4.3 for Rogers on Sammobile so I guess once I've downgraded to 4.1.2 I can ODIN the 4.3

Is it safe to say your 4.3 is available for you?

That is exactly what I did... but I still haven't installed 4.3 so I don't know if it will be successful due to the flash counter any way.

Still not backed up yet but once I am I'll be trying it!

Let me know how it goes for you.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th November 2013, 04:54 PM |#7  
Member
Flag Toronto, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
I'm downloading for my Rogers Note2

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...ode=0#firmware

This is the rogers link the samsung site provided for Rogers 4.3

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/256558847/...5_RWC.zip.html
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to poy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poy Ad-Free
26th November 2013, 05:14 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Calgary
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poy

I'm downloading for my Rogers Note2

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...ode=0#firmware

This is the rogers link the samsung site provided for Rogers 4.3

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/256558847/...5_RWC.zip.html

I am also downloading, but the bell version.

Here's the link for Bell.

http://hotfile.com/dl/256542257/66c0...5_BMC.zip.html

Hurray!
The Following User Says Thank You to ordio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ordio Ad-Free
26th November 2013, 06:07 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
I am using Jedi 20. can I flash this via team win recovery or do I flash via Odin? Do I install the bell rom that my phone came with my phone and then Odin?

Sorry about the new questions have never gone back to a stock rom
Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app
26th November 2013, 06:27 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Gatineau
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alquistador

I am using Jedi 20. can I flash this via team win recovery or do I flash via Odin? Do I install the bell rom that my phone came with my phone and then Odin?

Sorry about the new questions have never gone back to a stock rom
Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

You should go back to stock before making an update from Samsung. Some custom ROM don't play well with stock rom and can cause either glitches or either not being able to boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to urself25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift urself25 Ad-Free
26th November 2013, 06:28 PM |#11  
bugs9477's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Penticton
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alquistador

I am using Jedi 20. can I flash this via team win recovery or do I flash via Odin? Do I install the bell rom that my phone came with my phone and then Odin?

Sorry about the new questions have never gone back to a stock rom
Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

Get the bell 4.3 rom from Sammobile and flash via ODIN thats it!

Also after installing you may have network issues so you will have to open the dialer and do the IMEI thing I'll post back in a minute with what I'm talking about.


Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes