FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Dual-boot of Sammy and AOSP is working!

1,580 posts
Thanks Meter: 776
 
By RichMD, Senior Member on 17th February 2013, 10:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2013, 12:07 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Re: Would you risk donating $5.00 for dual-boot capability?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerTeufel1980

Yesterday a two months old device ended at ebay for 402€. Of course no one knows how much it would have been if I had bid for it, too.
Next one ending in 4 days.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Without the $100 after the fact, our current total is $375

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
 
 
25th February 2013, 02:39 PM |#32  
Senior Member
Flag Panama City
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Re: Would you risk donating $5.00 for dual-boot capability?
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd21

Without the $100 after the fact, our current total is $375

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

I'll chip in $10 just for the hell of it, after Friday. (Payday) but here's my question on this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2164936

[Q] Is a dual carrier Galaxy Note II possible?. I'd definitely scrape up more for that!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
25th February 2013, 05:35 PM |#33  
RichMD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 776
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd21

Without the $100 after the fact, our current total is $375

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

???
This is how I calculate the amount. I am not counting DerTeufel's amount that he is chipping in because I already subtracted 150 euros from 500 to get the "target" amount of $462.00 (350*1.32).

75+25+10+50+10+29+25+10+5=$239 as I listed in the OP. I know there were some donations listed today but I will update tonight. If DerTeufel can find one cheaper then the "target" becomes less. I will talk with the wife about making the "loan" tonight. She isn't into phones, etc and doesn't get my "obsession" so I will need to be "creative" and "influential" to make sure she doesn't mind too much. We run any significant expense by each other - it keeps the peace...

$75 - RichMD
$25 - ceo.mtcl
$10 - rayandreas
$50 - mocsab
>=$10 - [email protected]
$29 - btpd21
$25 - Jamice4u
$10 - Shinkinrui
$5 - Muqali
The Following User Says Thank You to RichMD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichMD Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 08:52 PM |#34  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Re: Would you risk donating $5.00 for dual-boot capability?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMD

???
This is how I calculate the amount. I am not counting DerTeufel's amount that he is chipping in because I already subtracted 150 euros from 500 to get the "target" amount of $462.00 (350*1.32).

75+25+10+50+10+29+25+10+5=$239 as I listed in the OP. I know there were some donations listed today but I will update tonight. If DerTeufel can find one cheaper then the "target" becomes less. I will talk with the wife about making the "loan" tonight. She isn't into phones, etc and doesn't get my "obsession" so I will need to be "creative" and "influential" to make sure she doesn't mind too much. We run any significant expense by each other - it keeps the peace...

$75 - RichMD
$25 - ceo.mtcl
$10 - rayandreas
$50 - mocsab
>=$10 - [email protected]
$29 - btpd21
$25 - Jamice4u
$10 - Shinkinrui
$5 - Muqali

I was including DerTeufel's. Haha sorry for the misunderstanding. I think we can get enough donations to do this without waiting too much longer!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to btpd21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift btpd21 Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 09:22 PM |#35  
RichMD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 776
 
More
Re: Would you risk donating $5.00 for dual-boot capability?
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd21

I was including DerTeufel's. Haha sorry for the misunderstanding. I think we can get enough donations to do this without waiting too much longer!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Agreed. I will float the idea of the loan tonight right after I deliver some good news...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichMD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichMD Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 11:49 PM |#36  
RichMD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 776
 
More
Updated totals in the OP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichMD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichMD Ad-Free
26th February 2013, 02:32 AM |#37  
RichMD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 776
 
More
Updated OP that I will loan the remainder.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichMD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichMD Ad-Free
26th February 2013, 03:15 AM |#38  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Re: I will loan the rest - Please include donation promises for AFTER dual-boot works
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMD

Updated OP that I will loan the remainder.

This guy is the man. Now everyone else needs to chip in a couple of bucks! If RichMD is willing to loan the rest we need to keep his wife happy with him!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Donation sent: 62A75256HR1198216

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btpd21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift btpd21 Ad-Free
26th February 2013, 03:25 AM |#39  
RichMD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 776
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpd21

This guy is the man. Now everyone else needs to chip in a couple of bucks! If RichMD is willing to loan the rest we need to keep his wife happy with him!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Donation sent: 62A75256HR1198216

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Thanks for your support.
The Following User Says Thank You to RichMD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichMD Ad-Free
26th February 2013, 04:31 AM |#40  
Captivate-me's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Re: I will loan the rest - Please include donation promises for AFTER dual-boot works
I will make a $5-10 contribution this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Captivate-me For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Captivate-me Ad-Free
26th February 2013, 04:37 AM |#41  
RichMD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 776
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivate-me

I will make a $5-10 contribution this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks - please post when you do and I will update
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes